Start by marking “The Spiderwick Chronicles: Notebook for Fantastical Observations” as Want to Read:
The Spiderwick Chronicles: Notebook for Fantastical Observations

The Spiderwick Chronicles: Notebook for Fantastical Observations (The Spiderwick Chronicles - Companion Books)

3.88  ·  Rating Details ·  1,562 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Can't get enough of the faerie world? Well, Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black, the brave souls who helped Mallory, Simon, and Jared Grace take their journey to a worldwide audience, are here to help you find your own adventure!

Presenting The Spiderwick Chronicles: Notebook for Fantastical Observations. This handy interactive storybook features fourteen mini-adventures collec
Published May 31st 2005 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Spiderwick Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spiderwick Chronicles

Ker Malkin
Ahh.. the advantage of having siblings in school. They haul books from their library then I get to read each one they pick.

This book's basically just a collection of stories from children who had encountered magical creatures before; and there's this note/analysis attached to each one of 'em (technically, it's about the creature's nature in a particular encounter). Also, this book contains some activities which you might find really nice. Too bad this was from my brother's library. Being a book
Sannie Hald
Sep 11, 2013 Sannie Hald rated it really liked it
I wish I had this as a child
Flora
Apr 07, 2009 Flora rated it liked it
Fun, I enjoyed being able to create my own spiderwick-style world.
Stephanie Snyder
May 19, 2017 Stephanie Snyder rated it it was amazing
A family favorite
Steven R. McEvoy
This was the first book in the Spiderwick world I was disappointed with. I bought the eBook and cannot figure out why the publisher released an e-version of this book. It is intended to be a workbook. There are 14 chapters in this book, alphabetically named after the creatures encountered.

The sections are:
Sprites
Stray Sod
Trolls
Unicorns

Each section has a story written by someone who has had an encounter with the Fantastical,
Tori
Sep 18, 2012 Tori rated it liked it
Really enjoyed it, read all five books in about a week! Much better than the film.
Tells the story of the hidden world of goblins, fairies and brownies and the man whom wrote a book about them a hundred years ago. Then three three children stumble upon this world.
Recommend it, but really easy read.
Taylor
Feb 29, 2008 Taylor rated it it was amazing
this is kind of cute. you can draw and write in it and make up your own stories. my brother has this book and he had me looking at it all day one day, and it was pretty cute. i couldnt want one, but whatever. not really one whole story, but little short stories of the different creatures in the world. and then you get to draw them and do different little activities. my brother loves it.
Connor23
Oct 29, 2010 Connor23 rated it liked it
this book is about all the creaturs in spiderwick so it tells you all about where they live what they eat what there names are and if there bad or good. if you read this book or the cronicles read this book first because you will under stand the books beter and what there tlking about.
Chiv
Oct 01, 2012 Chiv rated it really liked it
Read this 2 years ago so all I remember about this book is that it's just a compression of the actual notebook from the book series. It was an interesting read, I think there were blank pages to put your drawing and observation but I could be mistaken.
Katy Jane
Apr 12, 2014 Katy Jane rated it it was amazing
1. I got my copy of this book from the library so I didn't get the fun of getting to write and draw in it, but I loved the stories.
2. A lot of children have the Sight apparently.
3. I would seriously love this book when I was a kid.
4. Definitely buy this book if you love the series.
Silis
May 07, 2015 Silis rated it it was amazing
These illustrations are soo....sooo good. Only bad thing to say is that I wanted it to be a hundred pages longer.
Alleigh Waskie
Feb 02, 2014 Alleigh Waskie rated it liked it
it is so good it has a page where you can draw picture of a creature you saw.
Tori
Oct 03, 2008 Tori rated it really liked it
this book is sort of for reading but more for writing in yourself. i own this one and are still trying to fill it out and i have had it for three years!!!
Abby
May 27, 2010 Abby rated it it was amazing
this book is fun. I haven't written in it because I don't want to ruin it, but it does have a few short stories and other Spiderwick type information in it.
fun idea.
Faithlyn
Sep 02, 2009 Faithlyn rated it really liked it
Really cool. Had alot of neat stuff.
Amelia
Mar 01, 2012 Amelia rated it liked it
Seriously amusing... Personally, I adore the Phooka, and the Elves.

Trolls and Goblins freak me out.

Marya
Feb 17, 2008 Marya rated it did not like it
Shelves: children-fantasy
One of the stories in this book is of a 'monster in your bedroom' nature, and it totally freaked me, an adult, out.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: review
supplement to add to the classroom library with the original stories
Donna
Sep 11, 2012 Donna rated it it was ok
Shelves: used-to-own
Exactly what it says on the box, no more, no less.
B Hensley
Aug 08, 2011 B Hensley rated it it was amazing
While I am full grown adult I just couldn't resist purchasing this. I think I in fact had far more fun with it than the children did.
Heli Rita
Oct 01, 2012 Heli Rita rated it it was amazing
nice and good story and how every one is a hero in its own way ...
Lyndsey
Feb 19, 2011 Lyndsey rated it it was amazing
Very neat.
Arman Izadi
Jun 20, 2011 Arman Izadi rated it liked it
An extra. It has related mini stories and fun little activities. Not bad, all in all.
Sella Malin
Apr 18, 2009 Sella Malin rated it liked it
this was a fun addition to the series.
Amanda
Nov 30, 2007 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: jacque
my friend is letting me barrow this book,and it is awsome
xXKennyw WXx
Aug 27, 2015 xXKennyw WXx rated it it was amazing
I was so fun and I enjoy every part of it
Maka
Nov 03, 2014 Maka rated it really liked it
A nice interactive books for children which will stimulate their creativity. :)
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it did not like it
Jul 22, 2015
Kira
Kira rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2012
Or
Or rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2012
  • The Spiderwick Chronicles Movie : The Movie Storybook
  • The Wizardology Handbook: A Course for Apprentices
  • Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Letters
  • A Flower Fairy Alphabet
  • The Rainbow Wand (Fairy Realm, #10)
  • Secrets of the Gnomes
  • Spellsinger (Avalon: Web of Magic #5)
  • A Practical Guide to Monsters (Practical Guides)
  • Clemency Pogue: Fairy Killer (Clemency Pogue #1)
  • Finding Meridian (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Bike (Arthur Chapter Book, #8)
  • The Practical Princess and Other Liberating Fairy Tales
  • Fairie-ality: The Fashion Collection from the House of Ellwand
  • Nate the Great and the Monster Mess
Holly Black is the author of bestselling contemporary fantasy books for kids and teens. Some of her titles include The Spiderwick Chronicles (with Tony DiTerlizzi), The Modern Faerie Tale series, the Curse Workers series, Doll Bones, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, the Magisterium series (with Cassandra Clare), The Darkest Part of the Forest, and her new series which begins with The Cruel Prince in ...more
More about Holly Black...

The Spiderwick Chronicles - Companion Books (4 books)
  • The Chronicles of Spiderwick: A Grand Tour of the Enchanted World, Navigated by Thimbletack (The Spiderwick Chronicles)
  • The Spiderwick Chronicles: Care and Feeding of Sprites (Spiderwick Chronicles)
  • Arthur Spiderwick's Field Guide to the Fantastical World Around You (The Spiderwick Chronicles)