Start by marking “She Went All The Way (Kisah Di Balik Layar)” as Want to Read:
She Went All The Way (Kisah Di Balik Layar)

She Went All The Way (Kisah Di Balik Layar)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  10,532 ratings  ·  450 reviews
Beberapa film yang ditulis Lou Calabrese sukses, bahkan ia mendapat penghargaan sebagai penulis skenario terbaik untuk film terakhirnya. Namun kesuksesan belum memanjakannya, hanya membuatnya akrab dengan kemewahan, dan membawanya ke dalam situasi berbahaya...

Ia terjebak dalam helikopter bersama aktor sekaligus "musuhnya", Jack Townsend, dalam perjalanan ke lokasi syuting
Published 2004 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published December 3rd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about She Went All The Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She Went All The Way

Tammy
If you don't mind Hollywood romance stories and are a fan of love/hate relationships, then this is definitely a great book to add to your TBR shelf.

She Went All the Way is the funny and sexy story of Oscar winning screenwriter, Lou Calabrese, and hunky, George Clooney-like actor, Jack Townsend. Things take off at lighting-fast-speed when Lou and Jack are flying via helicopter to shoot the final scene of the blockbuster movie series, Copkiller. (Lou wrote it. Jack is the star). The pilot pulls a
Elizabeth
I like chic-lit, but quality chic-lit. This book did not fall into the quality category. I did not find the story of a screen-writer and famous movie star, being lost in the Alaskan wilderness because of an attempt to murder one of them, very believable. I did not find the characters interesting and was not surprised when the two ended up together.
Feb 03, 2009 Jennifer rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of slap sick romance with a lick of heat.
Read: October 2005
Re-read: February 2009

This was a great book! I have decided to put this in the hallowed Keepers pile because it is the perfect girly indulgance.

The main character is Lou Calabrese - a screenwriter who dated actor Barry Kimmel until he ran off with the co-star of the movie he was working on and married her. Lou is broken hearted and pissed off. Lou has to fly to Alaska to work on the movie she wrote - Copkiller and ends up in a helicopter with Jack Townsend - the star of Copkil
Ren
Baca reviewnya juga di Ren's Little Corner

Well, untuk penghujung tahun 2010, satu lagi buku yang mendapat 5 bintang, dan ini satu2nya Chicklit di tahun ini yang dapet 5 bintang :D :D...

Dapet pinjeman dari si Kimbab, dan membacanya pas perjalanan pulang ke Malang, Aku bener2 terpesona ma ceritanya, penulisan dari Meg Cabot berjalan mulus dan tidak membosankan untuk dibaca. Aku mendapati diriku bener2 masuk dalam ceritanya.

Ceritanya sendiri berlatar belakang hiruk pikuk dunia perfilman di Hollyw
Rosanne
I normally like Meg Cabot, but characters here were just a bit too one dimensional and shallow. Situations are totally unbelievable, like getting all hot and heavy in the Alaskan wilderness while waiting to be rescued int he freezing cold wilderness!
Freckles
Potřebuju větší zbraň :D
Janet
i thought this story was wonderful. first about the book. lou was so mad about her boyfriend berry because after a long term releationship he didnt want commintment (pretty typical for guys) anyway then there's jack he is a very typical playboy he is a hollywood actor who jumps from bed to bed lets just say they wnat to kill each other thrugh out the beginning so they hate it when they take a helicopter ride for lou's movie and end up bieng chased down by thugs who want jack dead. they ended up ...more
Trin
Three strikes and I’m out. Jack’s a movie star, Lou’s a screenwriter, they don’t like each other, their SOs just left them and married each other, and now the helicopter circumstances forced them to share has crashlanded in Alaska and someone’s trying to kill them. Will they be able to fight off their attackers AND the growing attraction between them?

Yes to the first, no to the second. And both pretty easily. Good thing they crashed so close to both a ranger station and someone’s hunting cabin.
Sophie ♥
Second time read and still loving it. Vintage Meg Cabot <3 Throwback to childhood!
Jeanette
I haven't read a romance I really enjoyed in a while. This one didn't have a ton of sexy scenes (which was a nice change) and I actually liked both main characters. There were some genuinely funny scenes that made me laugh out loud. My kids asked what was funny and of course it was adult humor so I couldn't repeat. :) Definitely worth a read if you are looking for a light, funny, romance with not alot of sexy scenes.
Carla Latham
I re-read this book and had forgotten how funny it is. It's also easy to read and engrossing, as are all of the Meg Cabot books I have read.

I definitely recommend this to anyone (probably women) who want a good book to read.
Petra Sýkorová
Poprvé čteno v angličtině...
Porduhé přečteno v češtině. Je to pořád stejná Meg Cabot, perfektní kniha na odreagování.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I have yet to figure out what I truly think of Ms. Cabot's writing. I often, while reading her work, vacillate between amusement, disgust, enthrallment, and irritation. Saying I like her work might be going too far, but to say I flat-out dislike it also seems too extreme. I guess all I can really say is that, most of the time her books are a pleasant distraction and oftentimes laugh-out-loud funny. For me personally, the humor in She Went All the Way is what sets it apart from most other over-th ...more
Caitlin
I read the reviews of this and foolishly thought it couldn't be that bad...well it was. I guess my overall opinion of it is poor because it just so thoroughly disappoints you. I do find Meg Cabot's work, as others of noted, varies widely across the spectrum of good to bad depending on which book you pick up. Historically I have loved some of her sassy teen fiction. I know what I want when I pick up a Meg Cabot book and it is frustrating when it disappoints. This book in particular was just silly ...more
June Junebug
PROS:
- Easy read.
- Raunchy sex.
- Great premise.

CONS:
- Fatphobia.
- Repetition, repetition, repetition!
- Non-fluid writing.
- Odd character development.
- Poor plot pacing.
- Jack is a jackass (pun intended).
- Unoriginal and unbelievable.
- Stick to reading the back of the book; it's better than the actual novel.

COMMENTS:
I haven't read a lot of Cabot's stuff compared to other people but they're usually enjoyable. She is one of the best at the craft in the genre. This book fell short.

After reading t
Renu
If you're in the mood for a romantic comedy, with a love/hate relationship and sexy times I recommend reading She Went All the Way.

I immediately took a liking to Lou. I could really relate to her in that she's passionate about reading and TV "She had never been a very outdoorsy girl. As a kid, she'd spent most her time curled up with a book. Or in front of the TV." Two of my favourite things to do!

The story is written in diary format, and is told from both Jack and Lou's perspective. Cabot's wit
Annemarie
I think I'll just stick to reading the back of the book. It sounded better. It makes you think that it's packed full of action and some suspense. Oh don't let it fool you. There was very little suspense, and the rest seemed like 'fluff'.

When you think the characters will have to face a challenge it's like the 'easy way out' is just handed to them. Like when they are chased and, oh look! An abandoned Ranger's station! And then a little more chasing, and Oh look! An abandoned house! And then more
Tough Critic Book Reviews
I was convinced I would really like this book based on the description; it had all the makings for a great story:
1) You have your love/hate relationship which promises for alot of heated sexual tension, not to mention potential for sarcastic witty banter.
2) An appealing plot of overcoming extreme obstacles while being stranded in the wilderness with an extremely hot guy (which brings me to #3)
3) An extremely hot (hard bodied, playboy, action movie star)guy!

I was so disappointed. First off, the
Ria Rahmawati
Aku baca bukunya tapi bukan dengan cover yang ini, tapi covernya gambar Lou Calabrise. However nih buku ceritanya bagus banget, gak cuma romantis-romantisan ala novel2 cewek dewasa, tapi ada adventure-nya, ada action-nya, dan yang pasti banyak celetukan2 lucu. Lou digambarkan sebagai cewek mandiri, berani dan pinter (pastinya...), dia seorang penulis skenario film yang setia setengah mati sama cowoknya yang akhirnya ninggalin dia. Hingga akhirnya dia terjebak bersama aktor ganteng jack Townsend ...more
Betsy
Was Meg Cabot 12 when she wrote this? It reads like a 12 year old's version of a love story.

Her: I hate him. He's so mean.
Him: Why does she hate me? That makes me love her.
Her: OOOOO! He's so dreamy, but I still hate him.
Him: I've been with hundreds of beautiful women who love me. But she hates me, so I choose her.

If that didn't turn your stomach, try reading a few hundred pages of this, then let me know how you are feeling. If you still feel OK, then you probably are 12.

If you want light, fun
Cindy
Apr 19, 2009 Cindy rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People in need of romance
Rosemary Ibekwe
Another one of Meg Cabot's books that are read simply for the fun of passing time away.If you want a book deep and thoughtful then this isn't your book. This book was finished in one day for me, so if you are looking for something to read while traveling, this will be it. It isn't fabulous, but it isn't bad either; it is funny in its on sort of way and also romantic and has childish anxiety buildup.
Rachael Kelly
Spoilers - This book was a more than a 4 for me, but not quite a full 5 (given that I've already felt the urge to reread it I'll give it all 5 stars) I did really enjoy reading it. The love hate relationship was definitely central to the story and the relationship was great. The plot was a little far-fetched and Hollywood but once you accepted that initial fact, it flowed well. The characters were engaging and captivating and I fell in love right along with them. The only problem for me, which I ...more
Sajia
Actually really good. The love hate relationship between Lou and Jack is delectable and if you're a smut fan...oh boyy...is this a book for you. The book was kinda awesome, amazing fast read. A little slow in the beginning (but what books aren't) and it will make you smile!!

4 stars! :D
RedEye_Witch
A great book from Meg Cabot. She never let's us down, does she? My fav book so far. About two people who hated each other, come to love one another when they were stranded together in nowheresville with a weather so cold and deadly, they have to find shelter between themselves.
Nov 19, 2007 Laura marked it as probablywontfinish  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realize what this was. I was just going on a Meg Cabot binge. I don't really do the strictly romance genere very well, and am finding myself rolling my eyes every other page. I'm not going to bother to finish so as not to jade my view of this author.
Kris
3 STARS

"Success hasn't spoiled screenwriter Lou Calabrese -- it's just given her a taste for luxury. And it's put her in some bizarre situations -- like in a helicopter en route to the wilds of Alaska, sharing too-close quarters with the last man she wants to be with: Jack Townsend! Once a sexy nobody whom Lou helped make a somebody, Jack's just been dumped by a high-profile Hollywood airhead -- who's eloped with Lou's longtime love! So what else could go wrong?

Well...

Their pilot could try to s
Beth Rosen
This is a great fluffy chick-lit book. Perfect for a long airplane/car trip. From the first page you know that the characters will inevitably move from hating each other to hot and heavy romance. You know that the bad people are all just obviously bad, and that they will get their just deserts in the end. Plus there are a lot of funny scenes where the main character saves them in the freezing alaskan wilderness. She has never actually been to alaska or even camping, but she uses outdoor knowledg ...more
Joni
This was a fun, fast, flippy read. Good sex, good romance, terrible plot. Characterization left something to be desired, but it was quite cute. I don't think I'll be looking for another one of her books soon.
Chiny
another book from the author of the princess diaries, this steps away from her usual books as it is both witty and funny! and probably something every girl would like to happen in their life!
Meg Cabot Fan Club: She Went All The Way - General 1 7 Oct 31, 2013 02:19PM
  • Kiss the Bride
  • Rites of Spring (Break) (Secret Society Girl, #3)
  • Society Girls
  • Bachelor Boys
  • Stupid and Contagious
  • Learning Curves
  • Getting Rid of Bradley
  • Sex, Lies, and Online Dating (Writer Friends, #1)
  • Summer in the City
  • Love You to Death
  • Girls Night Out (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • The Royal Mess (Alaskan Royal Family, #3)
  • Procura-se um marido
  • The Cinderella Rules (Glass Slipper, Inc., #1)

More about Meg Cabot...
The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) All-American Girl (All-American Girl, #1) Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) Queen of Babble (Queen of Babble, #1)