Start by marking “Sputter, Sputter, Sput!” as Want to Read:

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Suddenly my car won't go!

Sputter, Sputter, Sput!

What's the matter? I don't know!

Sputter, Sputter, Sput!

Riding in the car can be lots of fun--going fast and far, uphill and downhill, zooming all over town. But suddenly--with a sputter! sputter! sput!--the car slows down and stops. What can be wrong?

Babs Bell's simple text, complete with all the sounds a car makes, combines
Published July 1st 2008 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Sputter, Sputter, Sput!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sputter, Sputter, Sput!

Elaine
The Library Lady
Hate the round headed, bug eyed protagonist--this is the "cool" variety of artwork that isn't my cup of tea. But that is not going to stop the "vroom vroom" set of toddler/preschooler boys from adoring this. I bought 2 copies and expect they will get loved-to-death in short order.
Marie
I like the language, sounds and rhythm of this book. The bright colors are appealing. The fact that the child appears to be a Cyclops--I know, I know, it's a profile, but why is the eye in the middle of the head?--is a little disturbing. Will be good for storytimes.
Amy Brown
Good toddler/preschool book that includes rhyming. The main character has fun driving his car until suddenly sputter, sputter, sput, his car stops! The reason isn't very surprising but the illustrations and the rhyming make this book fun to share.
Brooke
Owen loves this one and even tries to drive his cars on the pages. The words are simple, example: "Up, down" and "Sputter, sputter, sput" Loved it!! Great for any car-obsessed three year-old little boy.
Tam
My 4-year-old liked this book. It doesn't have a lot of words and he could read most of it without help. The illustrations are cute.
Susan P
Used for my Noisy storytime. Great colorful illustrations and fun rhymes. Good example of phonological awareness.
Amanda
Good for storytime. I like the book. I don't really care for the ending. Seems a little out of place.
Molly
A nice choice for baby storytimes, with fun rhyming words and opportunities for interactive voicing.
Katie
Cute. Illustrations are very vibrant. Social commentary on current gas prices?!?!
John
Dec 29, 2008 John added it
For car fans of all ages, an endearing book about how to get around.;)
Caroline
This is a fun sound effects book! It's good for a transportation theme too!
J.F.
A sweet simple story to use in a preschool transportation story time.
Sandybear76
Preschoolers loved this book. I paired it with My Car by Barton.
Tina
"cars, simple story with repetitious sounds, shape illustrations"
Annie
cute book cute character good opportunity for up and down
Used for Things That Go baby storytime December 2008.
Alisa
Cute story of a little car that runs out of gas.
Polly
Decent car book, but nothing special.
Mckinley
Cars need gas to go.
Rhonda Mort
Rhonda Mort marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Shauna
Shauna added it
Jan 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Bridge Is Up! Phonics Through Poetry: Teaching Phonemic Awareness Using Poetry, PreK-1 You Are Here Dainty Dinosaur, Softcover, Beginning to Read What is It, Dainty Dinosaur? Phonics Through Poetry: Teaching Phonemic Awareness Using Poetry, Grades PreK-1