Start by marking “Elvis And Me” as Want to Read:
Elvis And Me

Elvis And Me

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,292 Ratings  ·  260 Reviews
The woman whom Elvis decided to marry when she was an innocent fourteen-year-old girl writes candidly about their twelve years together, about Elvis the husband and father, and about his drug-wracked decline and death. Reissue."
Published October 10th 1985 by Century (first published September 19th 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Elvis And Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elvis And Me

Joanne
Mar 23, 2011 Joanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Priscilla met Elvis when she was an innocent and naive 14 year old, but did not marry him until she was 21. The whole relationship (not just the age) seemed weird to me. One - I question the Beaulieu’s parenting and judgment or maybe they were really just gold diggers looking to marry their daughter off to someone who had money. It didn’t seem fitting that her parents would let her go to another country when she was 16 years old to “live” with a rock and roll legend. When they were in Germany th ...more
Kelsey Stewart
Jul 02, 2009 Kelsey Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is actually a very good autobiography. It is truly through the eyes of Priscilla Presley, and I don't think there's a duck in the free world that doesn't wish they could've been a fly on the wall to witness this relationship.

With that being said, I also read this when I was about 14. So the thought of some hot twenty-year old rock star picking me out of a crowd turned this book into my very own fantasy bible. I think I read it in the span of two days. Thank you, Nicole (fellow horny teenage
I read this book after my visit to Graceland on September 10th 2001. (Yeah - I will never forget that date.)I found Graceland much more interesting than I would have ever thought and decided reading Priscilla's take on it would be good. Plus the book was cheap.
It was interesting. You got to see "the King" through the eyes of his wife and it made him seem much more real and really kind of sad. And honestly - you have to admire how such a young woman was able to pick herself up and move on with h
Jessica
I was never someone who revered Elvis. I like some of his songs enough.

However after reading this book I have to say I have little respect for the man. Good singer or no, he had the morals of a hyena.

At 24 he met a 14 year old girl who he would eventually marry. His emotional manipulation of Priscilla is pretty sickening. Of the myriad of things that pissed me off, the following were the biggest offenders:

* Plys a teenaged Priscilla with prescription drugs including dexedrine.
* After leaving th
Jeff Schrembs
Apr 12, 2009 Jeff Schrembs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As an Elvis Presley Expert, and Collector with OVER 100,000 photos/items since the late 1960's, I know all of the "resentment" about Priscilla (and the Estate).
The fact remains that Elvis loved her...until the day he died.
Priscilla did NOT have to write this book. She shared many aspects of her life that were, prior to this book, only "implied" and/or talked about behind her back. I APPLAUD her for her honesty and for sharing her insight into the man and their relationship.
Priscilla LOVED Elvis
Melody
Dec 01, 2012 Melody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Years ago, I'd seen the movie that is based on this book, and I loved it! And in some ways this book went along with the movie, but I felt like, it was more detailed than the movie. Wonderfully told by the woman who lived it, Priscilla Presley, it is a depicted account of her life with Elvis.

It told all about Elvis' strange and unusal habits and how I thought controling he was of her,telling her how to dress, and act and wear her hair. I think that Pricilla is a woman to be admired.
Becca Becca
Can someone please tell me why I read this as a 9-year-old? I am struggling to figure this out myself and am worried that the reading of this book at such a young age has caused permanent and irreversible brain damage.

Therefore, in the event that I go mad and commit some crazy crime, will some fine member of the goodreads community please point out to the proper authorities that I was exposed to the writings and Priscilla Presley at an impressionable age.
Kristyn
Jan 02, 2009 Kristyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Those that know me, know my love of the king... and I really loved this book. It's from Priscilla's viewpoint of the things that happened during her years with Elvis. It was sad especially seeing how much they loved each other but how his life was spiraling out of control, how their marriage broke up and their relationship after divorce, to his death.
Sheryl
Jan 08, 2015 Sheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every Elvis fan needs to read this book written by Priscilla. It's very heartfelt and accurate. You feel that Elvis and Priscilla loved each other very much...time and circumstances got in their way.
Edwina Hall Callan
May 16, 2016 Edwina Hall Callan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookcrossing, 2016
I never could understand the relationship between Elvis and Priscilla.
He was a control freak with a violent temper who insisted that Priscilla stay virginal and yet made her wear clothes and make-up that made her look like she was working at the Mustang Ranch.
He was insanely jealous of her, while he couldn't keep his own pants pulled up and had affairs with most (if not all) of his female co-stars.
I admire his beautiful singing voice and always will, but ...
my gosh, the man was an over-grown sp
Liliana
Apr 08, 2015 Liliana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a complicated but loving tale. For a teenage girl, it isn't the most ideal relationship but at least she had security for someone her age. I mainly felt sympathetic considering her needs weren't really met or filled. But beneath the sadness and pain she endured, there was some love and caring nature from Elvis. It's definitely not conventional due to the fact that he played a loving father and husband for her but at the same time, she didn't have her parents around and they weren't suppor ...more
Leah
Sep 13, 2008 Leah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and the perspective. I don't particularly care for Elvis Presley, but found the book to be entertaining and well written.
Angela
Dec 29, 2008 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i read this book when it first came out it's still one of my favorites
Kerry Connelly
I bought this book in the gift shop at GRACELAND -only a week ago, and I devoured it. I loved it.
Graceland is a place that for any pop-culture enthusiast, music lover, history lover and of course Elvis lover- completely takes your breathe away. You can FEEL the energy of that beautiful place and it was truly an experience for me.

Pricilla's account of her life with the one and only Elvis Presley, from a 14 year old child who knew Elvis as a musician (Like the rest of the world and who even joined
Jackie Hilaire
Aug 22, 2013 Jackie Hilaire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A tale of two worlds.

After visiting Graceland in July 2013, I wanted to know more about the couple who made Graceland famous. At a gift shop on the way out, there were several books on Elvis for sale but only one about Priscilla. I read it on vacation in Tennessee.

Elvis hand picked Priscilla Beaulieu in 1959, she was 14, he was 24. Elvis was stationed in the Army in Germany and Priscilla's Dad was a Captain in the Air Force.

In 1962, after many letters and telephone calls, Priscilla met Elvis in
Kylie Leblanc
Dec 28, 2014 Kylie Leblanc rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this book in a gift shop when visiting Graceland. I was not interested in Elvis at all. My husband is a big Elvis fan, so I went for him. Well after learning the history through the tours we took it interested me. I read almost the entire book on the ride home from Graceland. (7.5 hours) and I must say that the way Priscilla wrote this book was awesome. I'm sure she could have really bashed him but she wrote her book with love. The book really seemed to paint a clear picture of their li ...more
Edie
Mar 24, 2014 Edie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Edie by: Elvis Gift Store at Graceland
I was never a big Elvis fan. Yes, I had a few of his songs on my iPod and I remember watching his movies on a saturday afternoon, but I was never really all that interested in him.

So when in 2011 I travelled to Memphis Tennessee, the Home of Elvis, I suddenly was struck with Elvis fever. They had the book 'Elvis and Me' on sale in the Graceland gift store (tacky I know!) and so I picked up a copy and began reading it. I could not put it down! I honestly didn't know much about him before our tri
Summer Lane
Mar 07, 2012 Summer Lane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Priscilla Presley tells the story of her life-long romance to Elvis Presley. Priscilla met Elvis at the age of 14, at a time when he was at the peak of his career, but stationed in Germany in the military. From that point on, she was helplessly in love with the King of Rock and Roll - her world literally revolved around his every word, mood and wish. It's shocking, really, how much she depended on Elvis's approval to get along - to stay happy. And yet it's understandable: Elvis was her first lov ...more
Travis Albertson
I liked the book, I like any book I can look more in depth at Elvis.
It was very interesting side of Elvis' one time Wife but it seems either she or the co Author embellished a few things to sell the book I really don't think Elvis was a rapist matter of fact I worked with the guys she mentioned in the book & the said it never happened. Elvis never forced himself on anyone. True Elvis had his faults as we all do were only human & we all have our short comings no matter our statute's &
Taylor Dat
Elvis and Me is an autobiography, written by Priscilla Beaulieu Presley, sharing the story of her relationship with Elvis Presley. Throughout the book, Presley documents Elvis’ impact on not only her life, but the world as well. While reading the autobiography, the reader is able to go on a journey through Presley’s life, which starts when she moves to Germany. The book comes full circle, ending shortly after Elvis’ death.
One of the reasons I enjoyed this publication was because of Presley’s ov
Emma Donaghy
May 25, 2015 Emma Donaghy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? She was married to the ‘King’ and we all want to know about it. This is a fascinating account of Priscilla Presley, who (as we know) began her relationship with Elvis Presley when she was only 14 years old. The story allows the reader to share the intimacy and the private moments of this very well-known couple. It is told through Priscillas' eyes as she retells her life with Elvis; deliberately pointing out her own moments of naivety plus her precise feelings at the time. I felt ...more
Courtney E. Smith
This book is insane. The stories Priscilla Presley tells, including how they met when Elvis was stationed in Germany and she was all of 14, are absolutely mesmerizing. I spent the whole book wondering why no one pointed out to this woman that 80% of the things that happened to her were seriously messed up. I wish there were more exposition from Presley about what raised her consciousness enough to leave Elvis in the '70s, but I get the feeling she was on too many drugs to remember.
Selina
Mar 14, 2015 Selina rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I have to note that I read this book only because a friend of mine has raved about it for over 15 years. The story, in itself, is fascinating - although I felt guilty for my curiosity because I was reading about a child predator. Put any light on it you want, Elvis Presley preyed on and abused underage girls. But even the unbelievable facts of Priscilla and Elvis' life together cannot make up for the embarrassingly subpar writing. If Priscilla had alone authored the book I wouldn't be so critica ...more
Cher Nagey
Jun 15, 2016 Cher Nagey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recently toured Graceland and was very excited to read Elvis and Me to see if there would be any connections. Reading all the parts about Graceland after having just visited really connected for me. I could see it, really see it! I felt as though I was there with Pricilla and Elvis living each moment with them at Graceland. I really enjoyed the reading and the photos that Priscilla provided. She starts the novel from just before their first encounter, through her entire time living with Elvis ...more
Michael Ray
I ended up reading this for no other reason than it was lying around somewhere and I had nothing else to read. And since I have that condition where I have to finish a book I start I forced my way through it.

It's not a bad book. I like Elvis and so there's some nice down home story type stuff here but it's also creepy hearing about Elvis basically falling in love with a little girl and never really growing up while she did. Imagine a soldier in his 20s today courting a 14 year old. He'd be in j
Crystal
Jun 13, 2016 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok. I love ELVIS. I had seen this movie on Vh1 long time ago, and I happen to see this and saw it was the concept for the movie, I finished the book in 4 hours.

I have read what lots of devoted Elvis fans, I want to say about 80% of his fans think this book is trash and the others are just confused. But Honestly these were different times, love finds it's way believe that and I think he held off on pursuing her until she was of legal age, He loved Priscilla but wanted the meek submissive wife at
Debbie
Apr 03, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pricilla's account of her life with Elvis. The book begins with Pricilla telling us of where she was when she learned of Elvis passing away and then she goes back to the very beginning. She talks about they're meeting in Germany for the first time and then him visiting her and her parents. She speaks tenderly of Elvis and you know she loved him. But then his use of many different types of pills and the people that just fed off of him. He loved to give gifts to all his family and friends. Elvis a ...more
Lynsey
Dec 13, 2014 Lynsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I read this book when I was like 9 years old. I am not kidding. That's when I started being obsessed with Elvis. I pictured myself ending up as a future Priscilla Beaulieu Presley. While that has yet to happen, I am still obsessed with Elvis. I found this to be a very insightful read, at least to this Rock N Roll chick. Granted, I haven't read it in awhile, so I do not claim it to be a literary masterpiece. P.S. Don't be cruel. Bonus cool points if you saw the movie version. P.P.S. If you ...more
Kristen
Dec 19, 2007 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I read this in high school and I LOVED it then. probably wouldn't now
Winter Sophia Rose
A Tale Of Two Worlds!
  • Me and a Guy Named Elvis: My Lifelong Friendship with Elvis Presley
  • Mommie Dearest
  • Baby, Let's Play House: Elvis Presley and the Women Who Loved Him
  • Loretta Lynn: Coal Miner's Daughter
  • Careless Love: The Unmaking of Elvis Presley
  • Elvis: My Best Man: Radio Days, Rock 'n' Roll Nights, and My Lifelong Friendship with Elvis Presley
  • Call Me Anna: The Autobiography of Patty Duke
  • Elvis Presley (Unseen Archives)
  • Elvis
  • I, Tina
  • Goddess: The Secret Lives of Marilyn Monroe
  • A Paper Life
  • C'Mon, Get Happy: Fear and Loathing on the Partridge Family Bus
Priscilla Ann Beaulieu Presley is an American model, actress and author. She is the rock 'n' roll singer and musician Elvis Presley's ex-wife and the mother of singer Lisa Marie Presley.
More about Priscilla Presley...