Start by marking “What a Woman Wants” as Want to Read:
What a Woman Wants

What a Woman Wants (Bennett Family #3)

After a close friend commits suicide, Faith, Monique, and Shannon head to the beach cottage on Hilton Head Island. Determined to heed her advice and make the most of their lives, they make a pact to spend the summer embracing new adventures. They also embrace new men and a new best friend along the way.

Filled with profound passion and sensuality, witty dialogue and richly
Published January 9th 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about What a Woman Wants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What a Woman Wants

May 30, 2015 Yhana rated it it was ok
I said I would give Jackson 3 tries, hoping the third time would be a charm, but I was proven wrong. I realize that a romance is supposed to have a predictable ending, but all her characters are the same, just with different names. Her writing style leaves much to be desired. The only redeeming quality of her books is the optimism around finding love and that is the only reason this book gets two stars. no more Jackson novels for me!
Mar 07, 2008 July rated it really liked it
I thought this book about three friends Faith, Shannon and Monique was good. They go to a beach cottage owned by Faith's parents, to talk about the death a suicide of a dear friend Cely. They decide to go to the beach cottage in Hilton Head for the summer where the four of them met many years ago. The summer turns into a turning point for the women. ”
Aug 25, 2013 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Awesome Read!, These four interesting women with different personalities all find out something new about themselves, and one another in this adventure. I enjoyed the fact that they each found love and enjoyed life without living up to others standards and expectations.... Very liberating for women looking for a new start.
Jul 04, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
This was a great story about four friends and their pledge to live their lives to the fullest after one of the close friends committed suicide. However, I just don't see how it fit in with the previous two installments of the "PLAYAS" series. Awesome read though!
Janice N. Haigler
Wonderful Story

I passed this book by many times. I'm so glad I finally stop to read it. What a wonderful touching story of love and grieving. I enjoy reading about how happiness can come out of something so sad. Good Job Mrs. Jackson

Jan 02, 2009 Anngi rated it liked it
Shelves: bookclub
I liked the dynamics of each relationship in the book. The drama and spirited personalities keep the reader interested.
Julia Jackson
May 26, 2009 Julia Jackson rated it really liked it
My guilty pleasure. The cheesy cover almost made me not check it out from the library until I remembered they had self-check-out.
Angela rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2015
Janie rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Atra Williams
Atra Williams rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2014
Keisha Nelson
Keisha Nelson rated it really liked it
May 02, 2010
Tracey Woodard
Tracey Woodard rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2007
Brandy rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2013
Bunmi rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2015
Robin rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2012
Monique Lawrence
Monique Lawrence rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2014
LaConnia Wilson
LaConnia Wilson rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2015
Princess Tiana
Princess Tiana rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2009
Yalonda Green
Yalonda Green rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2012
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2012
Paula Berkley
Paula Berkley rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
Michelle Richardson
Michelle Richardson rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2013
AshleyNicole AshleyNicole
AshleyNicole AshleyNicole rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Linda Braxton
Linda Braxton rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2013
Maija rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Nicole Baker grant
Nicole Baker grant rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Susan rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2009
Copper Laces
Copper Laces rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2012
Shanika rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2012
  • Let's Get It On
  • Big Girls Don't Cry
  • Jewel
  • A Valentine Kiss: Cupids Bow\Made In Heaven\Matchmaker
  • Only You (Graysons of New Mexico, #5)
  • No One But You
  • Unforgettable
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

Bennett Family (6 books)
  • A Family Reunion
  • The Savvy Sistahs
  • Forever Mine
  • Her Little Black Book
  • TIS THE SEASON...FOR ROMANCE (The Westmorelands, #3.5)