Start by marking “The World of Quest (Quest, #1)” as Want to Read:
The World of Quest (Quest, #1)

The World of Quest (Quest, #1)

Adventuring for dummies!

In the land of Odyssia, legend tells of a mystical weapon that will decide the fate of the world. Only Prince Nestor, an eleven-year-old smart aleck, has the means to find it. Now some of the evilest, vilest and slimiest beings in Odyssia have been dispatched to bring back the boy. His only hope? QUEST! Formerly the greatest hero in the realm...who
Published November 14th 2007 by Yen Press

To ask other readers questions about The World of Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The World of Quest

Jul 02, 2008 Nick rated it liked it
A fun graphic novel, adapted from a television series. While not great, it contains enough humor to keep kids reading, if they pick up the book in the first place. There is a serious adventure buried under all of the goofiness, which should help as well.
Keith Giffen, the comic book writer and artist, is quoted as calling it "Conan the Barbarian by way of Calvin and Hobbes," and he's not far off.
Nov 14, 2011 Christen rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I cracked up just looking at the cover and the humor pretty much held throughout the pages. Nestor is an entitled little runt and Quest has the attitude proportional to Batman. Together they made a hilarious, if reluctant, team. The humor translates perfectly into the illustrations.
Love the art and the story. The only problem I had with this comic was the obvious computer grainy-ness. If you're not going to use computers, fine, but just make sure it doesn't look like a picture blown up too big for the pixel count.
Apr 09, 2016 Hannah rated it liked it
This graphic novel didn't blow my mind, but it was pretty good. The art was almost like animation you would see in a cartoon rather than a comic. The reluctant hero draws both laughter and sympathy from me, so the frustrated Quest is great. I am curious to know what happened in the last battle of the war before that got him exiled. It must have been something pretty bad to gain the distrust of his fellow Rousters as well as his queen, although she wasn't queen at the time, it seems. And yet, eve ...more
Stewart Tame
Mar 01, 2015 Stewart Tame rated it really liked it
It's a shame that this series isn't more well-known. Quest is a reluctant warrior with a mysterious past. Prince Nestor wants to hire him as a bodyguard, but he's totally not interested. This is an excellent comedy fantasy series with wonderfully quirky artwork (why does everyone dress like superheros with capes and all? Dunno.) As far as I know, only the two volumes were ever published. And the animated series promised on the cover of this volume didn't make much of a splash if it aired at all. ...more
Darlene Jepsen
Aug 23, 2015 Darlene Jepsen rated it it was amazing
I enjoy this comic and found it funny. I can not wait to read the next one that I have on my overdrive. My favorite part was Nestor and the walking prison. All I can about it is Quest and Nestor will be up there with my favorite comic book character.
Surprisingly good for an independent kids' comic. I actually want to read the second one :). Some cliched characters, but clever dialogue and (so far) an interesting premise, even if it's nothing new.
Out_of_Bounds Reading
Sep 28, 2013 Out_of_Bounds Reading rated it really liked it
Simply fun and adventurous! My sister really enjoyed me reading her this one.
David Caldwell
Jun 02, 2011 David Caldwell rated it it was ok
It was like reading the preview of a story. For the bash and booger set.
Aug 03, 2009 Susan rated it liked it
I'm sure if I was younger I would have loved this. It was fun.
Aug 24, 2011 Danielle rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
All the kids in the house liked this one.
Jonathan Hunsberger
Pretty entertaining and kid safe.
Jan 09, 2009 Snow rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-comics
read for NoveList booklists
Ian added it
Sep 05, 2016
Jonas rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Eden marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Robin rated it it was ok
May 06, 2016
MB added it
Apr 14, 2016
Steven Labelle
Steven Labelle marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Parker rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Dolores rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Jenny marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Sam Rayburn
Sam Rayburn marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Jurgen rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Ezra added it
Jan 03, 2016
Kimberly Erskine
Kimberly Erskine marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015