Building Influence for the School Librarian: Tenets, Targets, and Tactics

Building Influence for the School Librarian: Tenets, Targets, and Tactics

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  7 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Learn how to promote your library and become an influential player in your school and district. As the school librarian, you play a critical role in impacting student achievement. Learn how to develop your influence and make an even bigger difference both inside and outside the library media center.
Published October 14th 2003 by Linworth Publishing (first published October 2003)

Suzy
Wow, I'm amazed that this book showed up on Good Reads. It's the textbook for the class I'm starting in a week, and I have to say -- it's fascinating. The whole idea of influence is really pertinent for anyone in the working world, as influence makes one feel they have some agency over their lives. Part of me wants to say, "Bwahahaha. With this book I shall achieve world dominance!" But mostly I want to 1) have my principal move me into the library, and 2) go about getting more resources for my...more
Renee
Jul 12, 2010 Renee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: current or future school librarians, principals
This is a must read before starting your first job in school libraries. No one ever tells, but there are tons of politics in schools. The author has many ideas for how to build influence and while I don't think anyone can do every single thing he suggests, he does have some useful strategies and tactics.
Amy
The first few chapters are a little dull, but I really liked the final chapters that included lists of possible activities a school librarian can use to build the influence and efficacy of the school library.
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Erica Flory
Erica Flory marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Moriah
Moriah marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Mhookey
Mhookey marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Brigette Helton
Brigette Helton marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Jeremiah
Jeremiah marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Lisa Castellano
Lisa Castellano marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2012
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2011
Roy Kenagy
Roy Kenagy marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2011
Ellen
Ellen added it
Mar 24, 2011
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2010
Kaeli
Kaeli added it
Aug 09, 2010
New Voices in the Field: The Work Lives of First-Year Assistant Principals Building Influence for the School Librarian: Tenets, Targets, & Tactics Building Influence for the School Librarian