Start by marking “The Perfect Kiss (The Merridew Sisters, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Kiss (The Merridew Sisters, #4)

The Perfect Kiss (The Merridew Sisters #4)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  1,567 ratings  ·  95 reviews
To rescue her friend...

Grace Merridew's childhood has made it hard for her to trust men and in three years on the marriage market, her senses have never been stirred. So she makes plans for a life of adventure instead—to see the moon rise over the pyramids of Egypt and dance amid the marble ruins of Greece. But first she has to help a friend.

She must enter the lair of the
Mass Market Paperback, 339 pages
Published January 2nd 2007 by Berkley Sensation (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Kiss

Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenOutlander by Diana GabaldonDevil in Winter by Lisa KleypasJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëGone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Favorite Historical Romance Novels
370th out of 2,363 books — 4,377 voters
Devil in Winter by Lisa KleypasRomancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnThe Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia QuinnNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanThe Bride by Julie Garwood
Best Humorous Historical Romances
97th out of 554 books — 540 voters

More lists with this book...

kris
Grace ~disguises herself as a companion to her bff Melly while on her way to meet Melly's fiance, Dominic. Dominic is unmoved by Melly but gets hotpants over the companion. That's literally the entire book. Dom has hotpants over Grace. Grace has hotpants over Dom. Exit left, pursued by a bear.

1. WOW Katie pretty much summed it up when she said, "This is a story about two people who fall into lust." There's no real sense of connection between them: just a lot of burning loins. And it's distracti
Rane
Anne Gracie went back to her roots with the last book of the Merridew Sisters with shades of the first book the Perfect Rake in the pages of the Perfect Kiss.

This was such a delightful read through and through, with great humor and a nice sensual level between Grace and Dominic.

Dominic was such a great hero with a quick sense of humor that made you laugh out loud at times, but could withdrawn into himself from the pain that still lurks from his childhood. Going back to a home he never knew
Gabriella ♥ Liam Callahan's girl ♥
The Perfect Kiss Is yet another beautiful love story that revolves around Dominic Wolfe:the young aristocratic dole heir of the late Lord Wolfe, whose dying wish was to to destroy Dom's all chances of happiness as a revenge on the young boy's mother,who had left their broken marriage and runaway to the sands of Egypt,instead.

description

AS instructed by the will,he was only,AND ONLY allowed to inherit the ancestral home once he marries meek,bookish mellie.. which he has no problem in doing until ,that is he
Mei
I'm really glad Gracie's story is the last one because I enjoyed it very much!

Gracie is her usual outspoken self! She tells what she means and doesn't care who she's addressing! I loved that she was true to herself! There was no keeping secrets, no prolem fronting anyone, even Dominic... especially Dominic! :)

Domic was her other half and I liked him very, very much, except when he started with his desire for revenge.

Thank God there is where Gracie comes! And shakes his believes to the foundatio
Tiko
wow the whole series was simply breath taking... i enjoyed absolutely every book in this series... loved absolutely every hero :D and heroine too xD what fascinated me the most is that every hero and heroine was so different from others. all of them were individuals and all of them and really different stories too.

Prudence had a perfect rake for a husband and some scary encounters with her grandfather.
Charity had a calm totally unrakelikely duke and pretty calm love story too xD (she was a side
Ewa
I'm so disappointed I want to cry. I had to skim to finish the book. The only funny scene is the one with uncle Oswald at the end of the 20th chapter, so if you can brace yourself and get there, it will be worth it.

I'm not a great fan of love triangle or false identities plots. The big misunderstanding dragged for too long, and I felt like Grace was every bit of a hussy to fool around with her friend's fiancee (never mind Melly was not in love with Dominic - this was just not ok).

When Grace fi
Katie
This is a story about two people who fall into lust.

Yeah, they say "I love you" and all, but the descriptions were about their intense physical attraction, not really about what they LIKE about each other. And when they meet, he thinks he's a servant and grabs her and kisses her and . . . yeah, that's an uncomfortable power dynamic.

Plus, the obstacle ended up being kind of silly. It started out okay, but it shouldn't have stayed an obstacle for as long as it did. (Though it's not really "long,"
Nefise
Actually, I wrote a long review but I lost it because of my password issue.

Anyway, it was avarage until the last qurter part. And I got very bored the harem and 3 wives part. Also I should sya that I'm Turkish and I've never heard a name of Kadije and I'm not sure it's a Turkish or Ottoman name.
Cris
I found our hero to be more jackass than alpha. Still, overall the characters are charming. And the plot, while formulaic, has enough little touches to go down easily.
Katrina Passick Lumsden
While I'm a fan of the first three installments of the Merridew Sisters saga (and a huge fan of the first, The Perfect Rake), The Perfect Kiss just didn't do it for me. The plot at this point is redundant since it was used in all three predecessor books, and I had a rather difficult time connecting with Grace as I found her to be rather dull. Dominic came off as kind of creepy. Don't get me wrong, I generally liked him as a character, but there were times that I just sort of wanted a carriage an ...more
Charlotte
DNf because I was so annoyed by the characters.
The hero is an asshat. He thinks it is ok to seduce the hired companion of his fiancee. Not only betraying his (admittedly not romantic) promise to his fiancee, which is one thing, but also aggressively going after a servant, who is not really in a position to say no. And when she does, he completely ignores her. I kept waiting for her to draw her knife or chuck boiling water at him. Instead she sighs at his kisses and thinks they 'sizzle'.
And she
Keri
There aren't too many books I read that bring me to tears, but this ending certainly did(in a good way). Grace is determined to help her friend out. Melly has been placed in marriage contract with Dominic Wolfe and she absolutely doesn't want it. Grace pretends to be her companion as they travel to Dominic's ancestral home. Grace instantly falls in love with the house and the man. Dominic for his part wants prickly Grace and is determined to have a "white" marriage with Melly. Melly wants kids a ...more
Gerrie
This book is about the youngest of the five Merridew sisters. Grace, the brave, valiant, endearing bloodthirsty child all grown up. Her book should have been the great symphonic ending, the fireworks at the end of a terrific show. Because the other three books were really good, and I couldn't wait for Grace to grow up and have her own romance and HEA.

The book was not bad, because I don't think Anne Gracie can write a bad book. But, it was disappointing because it was just okay. I thought the ot
June
The final book of Anne Gracie's The Merridew Siters series
I have mixed feeling with this book. On one hand I like the interactions between all the characters, not only the leading two, but the secondary ones as well. The book was fun and at time made me chuckle a lot, at times it was so sad, especially part about Dominic's childhood.
However, I feel that this book missing something. I'm not sure what it is. Probably because Dominic/Grace somewhat resembled Gideon/Prue from the first book, The Perfect Rake (The Merridew Sisters, #1) by Anne Gracie, whi
D.W. Nichols
Una historia de regencia llena de enredos, divertida a veces, poco creíble lotras. Me hubiera gustado que Dominic se hubiese resistido más a cambiar, o que el conflicto que los separaba fuera algo más que las ganas de venganza de él. De todos modos, es una novela entretenida para pasar el rato.
Claire
I really didn't like Dominic at all, he totally disregarded Grace's wishes for pretty much the whole book doing what he thought was best and not what she actually wanted. He seduces her knowing that while she fancies him she doesn't want to be seduced, manipulates her and ignores her repeated protestations that she doesn't want to be a mistress to her best friend's husband. I can't even like someone with so little respect for someone they supposedly care about never mind believe in any chemistry ...more
Peta Whitney
IT’S been a long time between bodice-ripping romance for me. Reading bodice-ripping romance, that is to say.

But I braved venturing between the book covers to read Anne Gracie’s The Perfect Kiss before next month’s Australian Romance Readers Convention and found myself swept up in 1800s-style seduction.

Gracie has well and truly mastered the strict rules of the Romance genre: manipulating desire into a believable plot that makes their coupling go against all sorts of odds.

The heroine – Grace Merri
Amy Sanders
Out of the 4 books, I liked this one the least. I found the relationship very superficial, between the two. The fact that he sees her in the stable and just kisses her, then believes that he can do anything that he wants to her because he thinks she is a servant.
The fact that he is engaged to her best friend is reprehensible, and she has very little guilt about it really is surprising. She has little boundaries, and no resistance to a man who is a shameless cad.
As someone else stated, I think
Caroline Yamashita
Último da série e acabou em grande estilo.
Grace cresceu e se tornou uma moça encantadora, forte e muito inteligente.
A primeira vez que Dominic a vê, já a quer para ele, e avisa: Você será minha! Claro que ele não tinha ideia que ela era uma lady, e para ele isso não importava, lady ou acompanhante, ele a queria do mesmo jeito!
Ren
Originally reviewed on Words in a Teacup

Grace Merridew is the youngest of her sisters, who have all gotten hitched in the previous books. She was only ten or twelve when the series started, so there's been a bit of a timeskip and now she's of a marriageable age. Except that she doesn't want to get married: she's been out on the marriage mart for a couple of years, hasn't met anyone interesting, and so she's decided that if she can't have an epic love story like her sisters she's going to go abro
ChloeLeeNH
Definitely a keeper. I really enjoyed this one..and though it was part of a series it was definitely a stand alone. Great chemistry, great secondary characters and humorous as well. Loved it!
Chumchum_88
I'm Done!! ^^

I have to say I must be in love with Anne Gracie by now, cause as far as I've read there hasn't been a book of her I haven't loved XD

Grace and Dominic *sigh*, well I have to say that Dominic was kinda of the lusty type, he didn't miss any single chance! But the idea of him gladly cheating on a wife, common!! It was logical and I'm glad that Grace kept fighting back the idea of a mistress, because he didn't think of her, imagine being the mistress of your best friends husband. But I'
Tonileg
Historical English romance about a wonderful young lady finds and helps a bitter damaged man find love and a new better way to live.
This is littlest sister, Grace Merridew's love story, after a horrible abusive childhood at her grandfather's house, she has a good life with her sisters and has entered high society in London. She is going to help a friend escape an unwanted marriage (I don't think that would actually happen at this time, but I'm suspending my doubts to just enjoy the story!)
Lord D
Thenia
A satisfying end to a great series!

Grace and Dominic are the last couple in the Merridew sisters' family and they are a good one!

Dominic is almost as incorrigible as Gideon, irreverent and daring, pushing all of Grace's buttons. Grace, the youngest sister and the only one skeptical about her mother's promise of finding love and happiness applying to her as well as her sisters, is in for a surprise.

The couple pushes one another and become better people just being together but they have a lot of o
Karen Wilson
Another sweet and enjoyable read from Anne Gracie. The last of the Merridew gels, I am glad that the author did not focus on Grace's childhood and instead focused on Dominic. Like the previous books, the obstacles in the story were clearly shown without silly misunderstandings, prejudice, and stubborn idiocy.

Dominic was a confident hero with a heart as big as the other in-laws. I was also curious who the 2nd love story would be; Abdul or Frey and eagerly looked forward to it. Again, the secondar
Goldie
I finally reading the four books in the Merridew Sisters series and I really enjoyed them, some more than the others. The four books in the series are (in order):

1) The Perfect Rake

2) The Perfect Waltz

3) The Perfect Stranger

4) The Perfect Kiss

The Merridew Sisters is about four sisters Prudence, the eldest, the twins Faith and Hope, and the youngest is Grace, who ran away from their abusive grandfather and came to London to seek husbands or at least wait until Prudence’s 21st birthday which would
Cherise
While I do love the ending, that not only gives us a huge gathering of all the happily married sisters, but also happy endings of the main villagers, I am not really into this book till way past half of the book.

I have some issues with the h willingly dallying with a bethrothed man, bethrothed moreover to her very best friend. She seems to be putting up the least resistance to the H's seduction out of all the sisters, (yup putty in his hands) and incidentally it would seem she has the most reaso
Cherie
This is the story of the youngest of the Merridew sisters. There is a bit of a gap in years between the previous book and this one so she became a young lady in her third season between the two. Her hero is actually engaged to her best friend, Melly (their fathers responsible for this when their children were underage). Grace is in disguise as Melly's companion Graystone when they arrive at Wolfestone Castle intending to help her friend escape the unwanted marriage to Dominic Wolfe. The disguise ...more
Nicol Althea
Desiree
This was interesting, not amazing, but I enjoyed it (for the most part). Exceedingly unlikely in almost all respects, from start to finish. The protagonists were exceedingly frustrating and stupid, and the events all made it damn near impossible to suspend disbelief to get through the book. And that wasn't the worst of the book. The worst was the happily ever after. It was the most saccharine sweet, unlikely, unsatisfying ending ever! Every loose end was tied in the most sickening sweet way. Eve ...more
  • Tempting Fate (Providence, #2)
  • Mad about the Duke (Bachelor Chronicles, #7)
  • A Rake's Guide to Seduction (Reece Family Trilogy, #3)
  • A Rake's Guide To Pleasure (Huntington, #2)
  • Seduced at Midnight (Mayhem in Mayfair, #3)
  • The Duke's Night of Sin (Seven Deadly Sins, #3)
  • Sunrise with a Notorious Lord (Lords of Vice, #4)
  • The Price Of Desire
  • How to Seduce a Scoundrel (How To Series #2)
  • Make Me a Match
  • Scandal of the Season (The Spinster Club, #4)
  • At the Bride Hunt Ball (Devine & Friends, #1)
  • Once a Scoundrel (Ladies' Fashionable Cabinet, #2)
  • The Earl's Dilemma
  • Sins of a Duke (Griffin Family, #4)
  • The Summer of You (The Blue Raven #2)
  • Dressed to Slay (Darkheart & Crosse Trilogy #1)
I've always loved stories. Family legend has it that I used to spend hours playing in the sand pit, with a dog on either side of me and Rocka the horse leaning over me, his head just touching my shoulder, while I told them stories. I have to say, dogs and horses are great audiences, apart from their tendency to drool occasionally. But people are even nicer.

In case you imagine we were a filthy rich
More about Anne Gracie...

The Merridew Sisters (4 books)
  • The Perfect Rake (The Merridew Sisters, #1)
  • The Perfect Waltz (The Merridew Sisters, #2)
  • The Perfect Stranger (The Merridew Sisters, #3)
The Perfect Rake (The Merridew Sisters, #1) The Perfect Waltz (The Merridew Sisters, #2) The Perfect Stranger (The Merridew Sisters, #3) The Autumn Bride (Chance Sisters, #1) Bride by Mistake (Devil Riders, #5)