Start by marking “Peekaboo Kisses” as Want to Read:
Peekaboo Kisses

Peekaboo Kisses

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  88 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Peekaboo! What's hiding behind those paws? Why, it's something woolly, something fluffy, something fuzzy, and something squeaky . . . a colorful menagerie of playful animals, each eager to be covered with kisses.
With flaps to lift, a squeaker to press, and a peek-at-yourself mirror at the end, this touchable, smoochable new book from the popular creator of Animal Kisses a
Board Book, 14 pages
Published August 1st 2002 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Peekaboo Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peekaboo Kisses

Erica Nicol
Nov 03, 2011 Erica Nicol rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents of active toddlers
I would never have picked this book out for my daughter. Thankfully, my amazing sister-in-law sent it to us as a present. While the adult appeal may be small (until you witness a small child reading it), it is a really wonderful and amazingly interactive book for toddlers. The concept is simple - a peekaboo book with flaps hiding animals. When you open the flaps, you can see different animals with soft (or, in the case of the mouse) squeaky bellies, and the last peekaboo page is a mirror. I espe ...more
Mina MacLeod
Simple, kissable fun. My 8m/o still loves this book. He tips over his toy chest to dig it out, and loves kissing the animals fuzzies as they appear. If that doesn't warrant five stars, I don't know what does.
Jennifer Rampton
Summary: This book plays peek-a-boo with the child. Each page is a folded page. When you first look at the page, it is an animal hiding behind its hands or legs or something. Then you fold open the page and the animal pop out, and have a texture for the child to feel. Then the last page has a mirror for the children to play peek-a-boo with themselves or to see themselves in a mirror.
Personal Reaction: I think this is a good book for the child to work on turning pages, and opening the pages. It i
Angela
This has been a great kids beginner book. It has furry animals to touch and give kisses to and at the end there is a mirror that both of my kids have smothered in kisses to kiss themselves.
Ky
This is a wonderful sensory book that I have used with young children that are not able to move around or that are wheelchair bound. This book has flaps to lift and textures to touch.
Pamela
My babies LOVE this book! They learned right after one read that the mouse squeaks, and they get so excited to poke his little belly. This is their go-to book - they just love it!
Ashley
Interest Level Grades Pre-K - 1
Genre: Animal, Touch and Feel
Themes: Different Feeling Surfaces, Peekaboo play
Uses: To teach animals and their skin textures
Rebekah Kincheloe
This is a great book for an infant. There were many aspects of the book to touch and feel. Saying "peekaboo" is always fun with an infant.
Andria
Made for small children to read along and touch the pages with different animals. Very easy for children to read and follow along.
Ashley Fortson
This book is more for little children. It helps them learn different animals and to see how each animal feels.
Evan Sneed
I really enjoy flipping through each page and saying peekaboo to each animal and then giving them a kiss!
Kiddo
This is not something I would have chosen, but kido has returned to it over and over for several months.
Greg
If you don't give this book 5 stars you're crazy. This is the best book I have ever read 432 times.
Krista May
My son wanted to read this everyday for a year! We would read it over and over!
Abigail
Perfect for little ones -- even 6-month-olds LOVE this book.
Sylvester
1* art
1* gimmick

me no like - kid doesn't care
Angie Harrold
the mouse & mirror are awesome
Em
Em marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Barney Saltzberg is the author and illustrator of close to 50 books for children, including Beautiful Oops!, Arlo Needs Glasses, Good Egg, Cornelius P. Mud , Crazy Hair Day and the bestselling Touch and Feel Kisses series with over 800,000 copies in print. He has two new releases, Tea With Grandpa and Chengdu Could Not Would Not Fall Asleep coming this spring.
Additionally, he’s recorded four CDs
More about Barney Saltzberg...
Beautiful Oops! Chengdu Could Not, Would Not, Fall Asleep Andrew Drew and Drew Tea with Grandpa Crazy Hair Day