Start by marking “Peekaboo Kisses” as Want to Read:
Peekaboo Kisses

Peekaboo Kisses

Peekaboo! What's hiding behind those paws? Why, it's something woolly, something fluffy, something fuzzy, and something squeaky . . . a colorful menagerie of playful animals, each eager to be covered with kisses.
With flaps to lift, a squeaker to press, and a peek-at-yourself mirror at the end, this touchable, smoochable new book from the popular creator of Animal Kisses a
Board Book, 14 pages
Published August 1st 2002 by HMH Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Peekaboo Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Peekaboo Kisses

Erica Nicol
Nov 03, 2011 Erica Nicol rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: parents of active toddlers
I would never have picked this book out for my daughter. Thankfully, my amazing sister-in-law sent it to us as a present. While the adult appeal may be small (until you witness a small child reading it), it is a really wonderful and amazingly interactive book for toddlers. The concept is simple - a peekaboo book with flaps hiding animals. When you open the flaps, you can see different animals with soft (or, in the case of the mouse) squeaky bellies, and the last peekaboo page is a mirror. I espe ...more
Diana Thomsen
Aug 14, 2016 Diana Thomsen rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime
Super simple, but utterly adorable for the little ones. If I can ever find a simple enough peek-a-boo craft, I am totally using this in storytime! As it is, though, I have to stick with reading it to a child snuggled in my lap. And that's okay, too.
Mina MacLeod
Jun 26, 2015 Mina MacLeod rated it it was amazing
Simple, kissable fun. My 8m/o still loves this book. He tips over his toy chest to dig it out, and loves kissing the animals fuzzies as they appear. If that doesn't warrant five stars, I don't know what does.
Jennifer Rampton
Sep 12, 2009 Jennifer Rampton rated it liked it
Summary: This book plays peek-a-boo with the child. Each page is a folded page. When you first look at the page, it is an animal hiding behind its hands or legs or something. Then you fold open the page and the animal pop out, and have a texture for the child to feel. Then the last page has a mirror for the children to play peek-a-boo with themselves or to see themselves in a mirror.
Personal Reaction: I think this is a good book for the child to work on turning pages, and opening the pages. It i
Angela
Apr 22, 2008 Angela rated it it was amazing
This has been a great kids beginner book. It has furry animals to touch and give kisses to and at the end there is a mirror that both of my kids have smothered in kisses to kiss themselves.
Ky
Feb 03, 2012 Ky rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
This is a wonderful sensory book that I have used with young children that are not able to move around or that are wheelchair bound. This book has flaps to lift and textures to touch.
Pamela
Jan 06, 2009 Pamela rated it it was amazing
My babies LOVE this book! They learned right after one read that the mouse squeaks, and they get so excited to poke his little belly. This is their go-to book - they just love it!
Ashley
Jul 18, 2010 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Interest Level Grades Pre-K - 1
Genre: Animal, Touch and Feel
Themes: Different Feeling Surfaces, Peekaboo play
Uses: To teach animals and their skin textures
Rebekah Kincheloe
Sep 13, 2009 Rebekah Kincheloe rated it really liked it
This is a great book for an infant. There were many aspects of the book to touch and feel. Saying "peekaboo" is always fun with an infant.
Andria
Oct 31, 2011 Andria rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Made for small children to read along and touch the pages with different animals. Very easy for children to read and follow along.
Kelly (TheWellReadRedhead)
Cute touch-and-feel book, though short. http://thewellreadredhead.blogspot.co...
Ashley Fortson
Oct 09, 2011 Ashley Fortson rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book is more for little children. It helps them learn different animals and to see how each animal feels.
Evan Sneed
Jan 12, 2009 Evan Sneed rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy flipping through each page and saying peekaboo to each animal and then giving them a kiss!
Kiddo
This is not something I would have chosen, but kido has returned to it over and over for several months.
Greg
Sep 06, 2007 Greg rated it it was amazing
If you don't give this book 5 stars you're crazy. This is the best book I have ever read 432 times.
Krista May
Aug 17, 2011 Krista May rated it really liked it
My son wanted to read this everyday for a year! We would read it over and over!
Abigail
Sep 01, 2009 Abigail rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
Perfect for little ones -- even 6-month-olds LOVE this book.
Sylvester
Sep 11, 2012 Sylvester rated it did not like it
1* art
1* gimmick

me no like - kid doesn't care
Angie Harrold
Aug 16, 2012 Angie Harrold rated it really liked it
Shelves: josh
the mouse & mirror are awesome
Jake Kocorowski
Aug 24, 2012 Jake Kocorowski rated it really liked it
Riveting.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Jennifer Wadsworth
Jennifer Wadsworth marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
PJ Sweeney
PJ Sweeney rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Cindy
Cindy added it
Sep 15, 2016
Kelsey
Kelsey rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2016
Clara
Clara rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2016
Brigid
Brigid added it
May 28, 2016
Jennifer Miller
Jennifer Miller marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Barney Saltzberg is the author and illustrator of close to 50 books for children, including Beautiful Oops!, Arlo Needs Glasses, Good Egg, Cornelius P. Mud , Crazy Hair Day and the bestselling Touch and Feel Kisses series with over 800,000 copies in print. He has two new releases, Tea With Grandpa and Chengdu Could Not Would Not Fall Asleep coming this spring.
Additionally, he’s recorded four CDs
More about Barney Saltzberg...