Start by marking “Daddy Kisses” as Want to Read:

Daddy Kisses

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  231 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Board Book, 14 pages
Published March 1st 2003 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Daddy Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daddy Kisses

The Seven Natural Wonders Of The EARTH by Anna OthitisThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise BrownBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell
Great Books for Toddlers
11th out of 48 books — 42 voters
Oh, Daddy! by Bob SheaWe're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael RosenHop on Pop by Dr. SeussMy Dad Thinks He's Funny by Katrina GermeinThe Daddy Book by Todd Parr
Picture Books with Dads!
12th out of 26 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Miriam
Easy reader with sweet little paintings of animals.
Brian Hoff
The quintessential before book read for daddy's to read to their children. My daughter picks this book to me read to her constantly and I'm overcome with emotion every single time. This book will give you a swift kick in the feelings.
Angie
Synopsis: "What could be sweeter than adorable baby animals snuggling with their daddies? This simple board book with warm illustrations feature a variety of animals and celebrate the affection between fathers and children. Cuddles and kisses will surely abound when reading this aloud!"

My Review: I adore this book, the illustrations are cute but the best part is the kissing. Daddy animals kiss their babies on various body parts like head, neck, paws, etc. Its fun to plant a kiss on the same body...more
Ashley
I love reading this one to Alice because I get to kiss her after every page . . . on the nose, the ear, the eye, etc. She's very kissable.
Jessica
The book uses different animals to go through different daddy kisses. The pictures are gorgeously done. It starts with Daddy wolf gives his pup a kiss on the nose. Then Daddy giraffe gives his calf a kiss on the neck. It ends with my daddy kiss me all over! I think it is a sweet book for a dad and baby to read together. It is a good way for them to develop a bond and use literature to connect in a physical and emotional way.
Dee
I really enjoy this book. It's sweet and simple, but can be a lot of fun with you and your little one. Each daddy gives his "pup", "kid", or "cub" a kiss on a different body part. (i.e. head, paw, neck) My husband kisses our daughter while we read and we get a lot of giggles. The book is great for talking about different types of animals and what baby animals are called. Very simples literature, and not a deep story.
jacky
Oct 14, 2010 jacky rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: dads of babies - primary
Shelves: board-books, lib-lew
I brought this one home for Mike to read with Natalie, but she hasn't been receptive to it in the evenings. The illustrations are of various animals giving their babies kisses. It makes a great book for dads to read and act out with their children. (Moms and other relatives could cheat and say Mommy or whoever instead of Daddy until the kids are old enough to read).
Shilpa
Why did I read this you ask? I've had to attend many a baby shower and visit many new little babies over the past year----I spent ALOT of time in the children's area at the local bookstore and thought these books as well as the touch-art books were great for babies! Too cute!
Ellias
We read this almost every night and Mommy gives me kisses in the same places the animals give their babies. I especially love the the giraffe neck kiss because it tickles, and the frog eye kiss. And I like to say "paw" when I put up my hand for the squirrel kiss.
Kristen
There aren't that many dad-focused baby books out there, and this is a good one. Daddy animals loving their babies--great illustrations and teaches body parts. Also a grand finale featuring Daddy himself!
Marilyn
All the daddy animals kiss their babies on different body parts. A baby squirrel is a "pup". The illustrations are really darling. My 2yo read this and kissed me before turning each page. So great!!!
Masumi
I love how my students kept chiming in during the story about how their dads kiss them especially before they go to sleep. It is such a simple and sweet book. The pictures are so expressive.
Felicity
I was super excited to find this companion to MOMMY HUGS! Again, superb artwork, unique simplicity, and engaging for baby :-) We will love this book for a long time!!!
treva
Aug 30, 2011 treva rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: sid
Sid likes this because it always ends in rough-housing with Dad. I like it because it actually helped Sid learn how to find his ears, eyes, head, etc.
Lowell Davis
Another great book for a Daddy to read to his little one. Holden and I read this (and make great lion sounds!) frequently.
Emerson
Very pretty illustrations. About a love between a father and babies. SD Zoo bookstore.
Todd
lots of bright colors and many different animals with a dad and baby.
Mom
I bought this book for Christopher to read to Elliot, precious.
Gina
Colson's favorite book for Daddy to read at bedtime now.
Andrea
A favorite with our boys when they were very little.
Amy
Cute idea, but hasn't captured our interest.
Zuzana
Apr 08, 2013 Zuzana rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Zuzana by: Jennifer Joly
Beautiful!
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Christine Turner
Christine Turner marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
  • Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?
  • Night-Night, Little Pookie
  • I Kissed the Baby!
  • God Gave Us You
  • The Baby Goes Beep
  • Global Babies
  • That's Not My Puppy...Its Coat is Too Hairy (Usborne Touchy-Feely Books)
  • You Are My Cupcake
  • Gideon and Otto
  • Tumble Bumble
  • Me and My Dad
Mommy Hugs Mommy Loves Daddy Cuddles Gaspard and Lisa Friends Forever Lisa in New York