Start by marking “A Dinosaur Called Tiny” as Want to Read:
A Dinosaur Called Tiny

A Dinosaur Called Tiny

When Tiny the dinosaur hatches out of a great, big egg, no one can believe their eyes - he is so small. Tiny grows - a little - and tries to make friends with the other young dinosaurs but they laugh and say that he isn't big enough to play their games. But what Tiny lacks in size, he more than makes up for in spirit.
Published August 6th 2007 by HarperCollins Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about A Dinosaur Called Tiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dinosaur Called Tiny

Fariha
Jun 13, 2013 Fariha rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book that all children would enjoy and perhaps really understand and connect with. Surely all of us have been called 'small' in our lifetime? This book really makes you feel sorry for the main character Tiny who has been judged for his size his entire life. But despite what he goes through, he eventually proves that he is capable of a lot no matter what his size.

Tiny is a dinosaur who never grew much. Now, because of this, Tiny is not treated respectfully by the other dinosaurs. They
Kristen
May 05, 2016 Kristen rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids-books, dinosaurs
This book was just ok. I was never really drawn in to the story and I didn't find any of the characters especially interesting - even Tiny.

While I liked the moral of the story, the story itself just fell flat for me. The illustrations just weren't even my type. I couldn't relate to Tiny at all and he just wasn't a character I even felt bad for. I felt a little sorry when the other kids wouldn't let him play with them (sounding very Rudolph-esque), but that was about it. I liked that he was able
Molly
Mar 27, 2010 Molly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I love the colors in this book.
Kaethe
The PandaBat liked it more than I did. The Tiny dinosaur earns the respect of all the normal-sized, mean, teasing dinos. And not by being able to steal food. Meh.
Guen
Feb 19, 2014 Guen rated it it was ok
Would be good for a small child who needed encouragement about his/her size.
Dawn
May 17, 2010 Dawn rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
The text and images jump around a lot, making it difficult to follow the story. The illustrations were pretty mediocre.
H. Gibson
May 28, 2013 H. Gibson rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Chronicles of Han Storm Book Club Read (children - first read)

We love brave little tiny (and all dinosours for that matter).
Rachel
Jun 24, 2008 Rachel rated it liked it
Tinny Dinosaur saves a friend. A sweet book with bold illustrations. Great message about being yourself.
Jenny Rawle
Apr 03, 2016 Jenny Rawle rated it it was amazing
so cute
Modboy
Jul 25, 2011 Modboy rated it liked it
Recommended to Modboy by: Chalk Farm Library
Mediocre story with cute illustrations about a tiny dinosaur who's teased until he makes a big difference. One commentator described it as Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer -- I agree.
Beck
Sep 12, 2009 Beck rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
How very Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

I like and dislike the art. I like and dislike the story. Maybe it was cuter in concept than execution.
Watee
Jul 24, 2014 Watee rated it really liked it
Shelves: boys-shelves
A great book to teach children about character and values.As an adult, i enjoyed reading it myself!
Jen H.
Cute story. Sweet illustrations. Elementary kids would like this. Good lesson about being different or small.
Miss A
Feb 09, 2012 Miss A rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Liked by boys and girls. Year 1-2. Underlying message = what makes you different, makes you special ; being a good person regardless of how others treat you.
Andrew
Mar 08, 2013 Andrew rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Sweet little book about being different.
kate
Would use in a dinosaur-themed story time.
Karen!
Karen! rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2009
Saima
Saima rated it it was ok
Jan 05, 2016
Charlene Mitchell
Charlene Mitchell rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2008
Brittany
Brittany rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2013
Sara Hesham
Sara Hesham rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2013
Sarah rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2016
Brandon
Brandon rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2012
Valerie
Valerie rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2009
Terra
Terra rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2009
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was ok
Oct 15, 2008
Maija
Maija rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2013
blandwitch
blandwitch rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Miriam Tuohy
Miriam Tuohy rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2011