Start by marking “M.C. Escher: 29 Masterworks” as Want to Read:

M.C. Escher: 29 Masterworks

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  730 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Published April 15th 1983 by Harry N. Abrams

Matt Jenkins
This book graces our bookshelf right beside Godel, Escher and Bach. One of my favorite books. We have two Escher pieces on the walls of the living room and when we have guests stand to admire them, I open up this book to their pages and let them take in the author's own description of them. Priceless.

Paul
29 Twenty-nine woodcuts and lithographs make use of optical illusions and unusual perspectives and are accompanied by the artist's comments.

Nearly everyone will have seen some of the work of Dutch graphic artist Maurits Cornelis Escher (1898-1970). His woodcuts and lithographs are largely based in mathematics and geometry, and provide endless fascination. Many of the two dimensional images Escher created simply could not exist in the three dimenional world, yet on paper they LOOK entirely plausi
Petra X smokin' hot
This is the second copy of this book I've bought, I gave the first one away to a friend who couldn't believe the trickery of Escher's sly imagination. I like Escher for the same reason I like Hieronymus Bosch: by the time you've worked out what's going on, your mood has lifted from any previous doom and gloom. Escher was sane and clever and Hieronymous Bosch a fevered, religious maniac and they share nothing in common, except in my mind.
Jeremiah
May 10, 2008 Jeremiah added it
Shelves: art
I absolutely love Escher's work; I think he was a veritable genius! My brothers surprised me last year when they brought me to a local Sacramento museum that had real work by Escher. I was floored! This book just has prints with no explanatory text, so it's not the perfect book if you like this artist's work but it's a start.
I'd give this five stars because of my bias but there are better books.
Jean Tessier
I found this book while browsing at my local Barnes & Nobles. It has some of Escher's most famous pieces, including "Waterfall" and "Drawing Hands". Each one is set by itself on a whole page and the facing page has Escher's own description of the piece.
Kurt Leigh
Visually appealing and I share the apprecication for his work. Whenever I am lacking inpiration, I find this a good place to be.
Mckinley
Great collection of his prints. Comments about them by artist too. Would be the Escher book to own.
Erika
Nov 30, 2007 Erika rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: art
I am a fan of Escher, although I look at his prints as more graphic art than fine art.
Ben
Beautiful imagery and notes on Escher's work.
Donna
I can look at his pieces for hours!
Sumit
Apr 28, 2013 Sumit added it
good

Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
N I
N I marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Jessica Taylor
Jessica Taylor marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Minsayyarstargmail.com
Minsayyarstargmail.com marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
  • Women Artists and the Surrealist Movement
  • 30,000 Years of Art: The Story of Human Creativity across Time and Space
  • Portraits
  • www HR Giger com
Maurits Cornelis Escher, usually referred to as M.C. Escher, was a Dutch graphic artist. He is known for his often mathematically inspired woodcuts, lithographs and mezzotints. These feature impossible constructions, explorations of infinity, architecture and tessellations.

Maurits Cornelis, or "Mauk" as he came to be nicknamed, was was the youngest son of civil engineer George Arnold Escher and hi
More about M.C. Escher...
M.C. Escher: The Graphic Work The Magic Mirror of M.C. Escher Escher On Escher The Magic of M.C. Escher The Pop-Up Book of M.C. Escher