Start by marking “Flashpoint (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Flashpoint (American Heroes: The Firefighters, #1)

Flashpoint (American Heroes: The Firefighters #1)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  831 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Zach Thomas risks his life battling flames every day. But since sexy EMT Brooke O'Brian joined the crew, he can't resist playing with fire. Brooke is feisty, a little uptight...and sexy as hell. And as Zach soon discovers, she's definitely hot stuff between the sheets. Still, every firefighter knows that the hotter the blaze, the faster the action's over....After the whirl ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Blaze #410, 216 pages
Published July 1st 2008 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Flashpoint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flashpoint

Trial by Fire by Jo DavisWild Heat by Bella AndreSneaking a Peek by Eden SummersHidden Fire by Jo DavisUnder Fire by Jo Davis
Firemen Are Hot.....
12th out of 96 books — 243 voters
Anything for You by Sarah MayberryBody Check by Elle KennedyCan't Get Enough by Sarah MayberrySlow Hands by Leslie KellySex, Straight Up (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #2) by Kathleen O'Reilly
Harlequin Blaze
7th out of 205 books — 140 voters

More lists with this book...

Dina
This book proves that you can tell a very good story with a somewhat limited number of pages. Well-drawn characters (the hero, the heroine and some interesting secondary characters) and compelling plot involving a series of suspected arson fires, what else do we need? Zach and Brooke got their HEA, but there were some things left unsolved in the arson investigation. I guess everything will be explained in Flashback, the next book in this miniseries.
Shawna
4 stars – Romantic Suspense

I sort of messed up by reading the second book, Flashback, in this HQ Blaze series before this one, but I still enjoyed them both immensely. I mean, with a hot-as-sin firefighter hero, a spunky EMT heroine, intriguing and well-developed main and secondary characters, spicy dialogue, verrry steamy romance, a dose of suspense involving an arsonist plot thrown in, terrific writing by Shalvis, and a great HEA, and all that within a 224 page quick read, what’s not to love?

B
HOT, HOT, HOT.

Zach doesn't do relationships. Brooke doesn't stick around long enough to have relationships. He's a firefighter, she's an EMT and when they meet, sparks fly!

In between all the sparks between Zach and Brooke, more is going on...there is an arsonist setting fires all over town and Zach wants to find out who and why no one seems to be investigating.

This is a one hot little book...the chemistry and sex is spectacular. The story leaves a few things open and you need to follow up this
Dee
Another well written, quick and easy read from Jill Shalvis. Anyone who likes Jill's style of writing will not be disappointed in this romantic story that has a bit of suspense.
Willow Brook
3.5 stars. I'm not a big fan of Harlequins but gave this a try since I enjoyed Shalvis' Lucky Harbor books so much. This is the story of Zach a fireman and Brooke the EMT who takes a temporary assignment at his firehouse. Zach has issues with commitment after losing his parents at a young age and being on his own since he was 18. Brooke is in even worse shape after living a nomadic childhood and also being on her own from age 18. Unlike Zach who has close friends and livings in town where he gre ...more
Tracy
Firefighter Zach Thomas felt the sort of attraction to New Hire Number Seven (also known as EMT Brooke O'Brian), that sparks blazes, and getting the buttoned up beauty to loosen up a little becomes his goal when he's between fires calls. A pretty young woman in town for a six week duty before she moves on seems perfect for the no-strings-allowed Zach. And that thought sticks with him...right up until he gets his first taste of Brooke and realizes with startling, sinking clarity that there's no w ...more
Jan
Was in the mood for something quick and steamy, and got myself a strangely sweet yet suspenseful romance story. A no roots heroine meets a no strings hero, and despite all their efforts they couldn't fight their very strong attraction.

I liked all the side-characters, and am actually looking forward to the sequel, because I don't think they got the right arsonist.

So I didn't find what I was looking for, but I got that lovey dovey romance novel feeling anyway, so I'm satisfied.
Sommerny
I had to choose a super thin and light book to take on the west coast trail. So, I chose a harlequin novel about a hot firefighter - haha! Come on, admit it, who wants to borrow it???
Roxie
Jill Shalvis has a way of creating great small town vibes with her hot guys. This book was no different. I don't care if it's a dorky Harelquin Blaze, it was hot!
I love fire fighter stories. This story is another great story that fills that need for the hero.

This book tells the story of Brooke, who for lost of her life never lived in be place for too long. Her mother never stayed in one place for too long and as she got older brooke found herself doing the same thing. She goes to Santa fey to clean ur her deceased grandmothers house and sell it. And whole there working temporarily as an emt for 6 weeks, after which she plans on leaving to her next unknown destination. Then she meets Zach, sexy firefighter who lost his parents at a young age and is
Angela

I picked this up at the library book sale because the cover image made my spouse and me laugh. I was also intrigued because this was written by a well-established contemporary romance author with many other popular books. Though frothy and light, it was an enjoyable enough way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon, and it proved to have much better writing than most other Harlequins that I have encountered. The quick and saccharine ending, however, left me disappointed.
Starry
Jun 10, 2012 Starry marked it as to-read
Natalie E. Ramm
Brooke O’Brien has been a drifter all her life. Until she takes a new job in Cali as an EMT at a fire department and the sexy-surfer-boy-firefighter, Zach Thomas, catches her eye. Brooke is a great character. She’s independent, smart, and physically fit. She holds her own on the job and in the bedroom. Zach harbors a conspiracy theory about a chain of fires in their district, and together they discover a deadly connection. She’s not a relationship person, but neither is he. Can they just enjoy t ...more
Joyce Hunt
This is a fun and cute read!
Kaetrin
Flashback and Flashpoint by Jill Shalvis (both) - C. These are 2 Harlequin Blaze's from 2008 set in fictional Santa Rey California and based on characters from Fire Station #34. I enjoyed the romance aspect (who doesn't love a hot, sexy, firefighter?) but was impatient with the suspense plot involving a serial arsonist, which spread across both books (which doesn't really make sense, especially in the case of the second book because it was kind of integral to the relationship but still...)
Lexxie
This was extremely well written! Very romantic, and filled with fluff as well. The anticipiation and building up was incredible, and I really loved the story of these fire-fighters and the EMT! This is totally my kind of book, with both a real story, and some very sexy scenes as well. It was all made believable because of the slow build-up between the two main characters.
Anne
Apr 29, 2013 Anne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
I really enjoyed this. The town of Santa Rey is lovely, all those yummy men. Can't wait to read more about this place and the firefighters, cops, etc. Men in uniform YAY! More of her excellent character building and humor.
Carrie
3.5* Fun HQ Blaze by one of my go-to authors. Found it at a used book store and read it on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Definitely worth the time, even if I am a little tired of the "instant attraction" plot device.
Karen
I absolutely love Jill Shalvis' latest novels so now I'm working through whatever I can get my hands on. This is a very easy quick read with lots of chemistry. I mean what's not to like about a hot firefighter right?
Jodie Kelley
The book was pretty good for a romance novel, pretty typical. I didn't "feel the heat" though if you know what I mean - guess I was looking for something HOT.
Nada Al-Karmi
It was cute. However, it was a little unrealistic to me. Also, there were more monologues than dialogues which was a bit annoying.
Kristi
Woohoo!! Loved this book. Could not put it down! Such good characters, good chemistry. I love Harlequin books!!
Marran
sweet read...

I know some firefighters and they sure as hell do not look like this bunch...such a shame
Kate
This is a cute, quick, fun read! I loved this book. I read it pretty much in one shot.
Risbee

3.5 stars, but it scratched an itch so I rounded up.
Robin Covington
Jill Shalvis does it again. You can't miss with one of her books.
Anjula
Unless there's a sequel, Shalvis forgot to finish her "mystery."
W.
Two people who are careful with their hearts + arson story.
  • Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1)
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Anything for You
  • At Your Command
  • Power Play
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • One Wild Wedding Night (Santori Stories, #6)
  • Coming Undone (Seal, #1)
  • Private Confessions (Harlequin Blaze #308)
  • Ripped!
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Ride the Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #5)
  • The Right Stuff (Uniformly Hot!, #4) (Harlequin Blaze, #463)
  • Watch And Learn (Sex for Beginners, #1)

Look for Jill's latest, ONE IN A MILLION, on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)