Start by marking “Verdict in Blood (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #6)” as Want to Read:
Verdict in Blood (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #6)

Verdict in Blood (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #6)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  228 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Verdict in Blood is Gail Bowen’s sixth novel featuring Joanne Kilbourn, one of Canada’s most beloved sleuths. Teacher, friend, lover, single mother, and now grandmother, Joanne has a quick intelligence and a boundless compassion, which repeatedly get her into – and out of – trouble.

In Verdict in Blood, Joanne’s good friend Hilda McCourt is visiting her in Regina, Saskatche
Published September 5th 1998 by McClelland & Stewart

To ask other readers questions about Verdict in Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Verdict in Blood

Helen
Joanne Kilbourn is someone to whom you really do not want to become close - all her friends and relations have terrible things happen to them. Her police inspector lover Alex Kequahtooway has been mentoring his nephew Eli, who has serious psychological problems, and that 16 year old has gone missing during a Rough Riders football game and does not appear till the next day. In the meantime Alex is set to investigate the bludgeoning death of a Supreme Court judge after a party she gave to celebrat ...more
Twyla
Feb 11, 2015 Twyla rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Omfg, mobile goodreads drives me up the bloody walll! It won't let stars nee chosen, can't tow pe half the time, it magically goes back pages without pa
ressying anything, doesn't work in portrait move and cant be read in landscape mode.
This was actually a decent book, but I can't post a decent review. As usual you can guess at the killer but probably won't get it right. And I found a couple of tipOs.
Joanne
Apr 26, 2016 Joanne added it
David W.
Apr 30, 2015 David W. rated it really liked it
Liked this one the best
But they have become almost an obsession to read
But as I am reading them in order I have only one more book to read before I would have to read out of the sequence. Anyone have a copy of "The Glass Coffin" :)
I do have to slow down though. Took only a day and a half to read.
D1wata
Mar 22, 2014 D1wata rated it really liked it
Love the protagonist! Strong, educated, professional and independent: A woman I'd like to know/befriend. Plot line... Meh. Interesting to read about Canadian race relations in here, nice bonus.
Stephanie
Mar 02, 2015 Stephanie rated it liked it
I had read a few Joanne Kilborn books in the '90s. This one kept my interest. A quick read.
Barbara
Apr 13, 2010 Barbara rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Browsing the mystery shelves at the library found me this one which is part of a series featuring Joanne Kilbourn, a female Canadian sleuth. Kilbourn is a political science professor and amateur detective. I enjoyed the setting and the plot and characterizations were good. I would get another by this author.
Debbie
Apr 07, 2012 Debbie rated it liked it
This is one of the better books in Gail Bowen's series. The mystery is good and I didn't figure out who the murderer was so that is good. On the downside, I really don't like the heroine of these books. I find her cold and a bit out of touch with other people's feelings. Nice, quick and entertaining read though.
Nancy
Feb 17, 2013 Nancy rated it really liked it
Just discovered this Canadian mystery writer. So glad, but unfortunately among the three libraries I frequent, only this book showed up. She writes deftly about murder, family relationships, and social justice issues. What's not to like?
Peter
Aug 22, 2009 Peter rated it liked it
See other reviews of Bowen's work. Gail Bowen has carved out an interesting niche with mystery stories set in Saskatchewan and featuring University professor Joanna Kilbourn.
Bill
Jan 19, 2010 Bill rated it it was ok
An author from my hometown in Canada. Was OK---but I recognized a lot of the streets
Sherry
Sep 04, 2010 Sherry added it
The 6th book in her series. Really enjoying it.
Cheryl Harrington
Cheryl Harrington marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Grace
Grace rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
Mike N
Mike N rated it liked it
May 13, 2016
Mr20170
Mr20170 marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Gabriele
Gabriele marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2016
J
J marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Skittles
Skittles marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Linda Ambrose
Linda Ambrose marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Janice
Janice rated it liked it
May 13, 2016
Judy Dodds
Judy Dodds marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Marianne
Marianne rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Marna Dixit
Marna Dixit marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
shanay
shanay marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Barbara M
Barbara M marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
  • Buffalo Jump (Jonah Geller #1)
  • Aloha Candy Hearts (A Russell Quant Mystery, #6)
  • Until the Night (John Cardinal and Lise Delorme Mystery, #6)
  • Confined Space (Bern Fortin mystery, #1)
  • A Bird in the House
  • Exit Lines
  • The Edge of Doom (A Kate Fansler Mystery #14)
  • The Backwoods of Canada
  • Magnified World
  • Stranglehold (Detective Greene, #4)
  • Vinyl Cafe Diaries (Vinyl Cafe, #4)
  • Sisters In The Wilderness: The Lives Of Susanna Moodie And Catharine Parr Traill
Gail Dianne Bowen (née Bartholomew) is a Canadian playwright and writer of mystery novels. Born in Toronto, Ontario, Bowen was educated at the University of Toronto, the University of Waterloo and the University of Saskatchewan. She subsequently taught English in Saskatchewan, and is currently a professor of English at First Nations University of Canada. Bowen's mystery novels feature Joanne Kilbo ...more
More about Gail Bowen...

A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Deadly Appearances (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #1)
  • Murder at the Mendel (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #2)
  • The Wandering Soul Murders (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #3)
  • A Colder Kind of Death (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #4)
  • A Killing Spring (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #5)
  • Burying Ariel (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #7)
  • The Glass Coffin (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #8)
  • The Last Good Day (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #9)
  • The Endless Knot (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #10)
  • The Brutal Heart (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #11)