Start by marking “Woman's Evolution: From Matriarchal Clan to Patriarchal Family” as Want to Read:
Woman's Evolution: From Matriarchal Clan to Patriarchal Family

Woman's Evolution: From Matriarchal Clan to Patriarchal Family

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Assesses women's leading and still largely unknown contributions to the development of human civilization and refutes the myth that women have always been subordinate to men.
Published March 1st 1975 by Pathfinder Press (NY) (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Woman's Evolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woman's Evolution

Annie
Sep 14, 2012 Annie added it
Shelves: gave-up-on
If anyone had seen how long this was on my currently reading shelf they would already know I gave up on this book. I really like the topic but it was a little repetitive and became a chore. I'd like someone to read it and write a précis for me.
Marilyn Saul
I read this book back in the 1970s. Just once, mind you, but to this day I tell other women about it. I'd say it has had a lasting impact on my life, particularly in helping me understand how we moved from matriarchal/matrilineal societies to patriarchal/patrilineal societies, where women are separated from their support group of other women, usually closely related women, or even just the village women, and what that does to use mentally and physically as we are urged to compete in a man's worl ...more
Jim
This book takes on greater importance today as we see women once again entering into mass struggles for democratic rights.

Interconnected with all the mass political mobilizations we see today in parts of the world is the fight for the emancipation of women. Women are part of them. The great question of the origin of female oppression and how it can be ended will once again bring readers to this excellent work.

Today in the US, we face a renewed campaign to curtail abortion rights. That alone sho
Jim
While this book has just recently appeared in translation into the Indonesian language--a fact confirming that the 21st century is truly the century in which women will make great advances--based on the scientific perspective advanced by Reed, a Marxist--through struggles and social revolutions to replace capitalism with governments of the workers and farmers--like the true socialism of Cuba--the book has many reviews in english. See this link: http://www.pathfinderpress.com/Womans...
Anna
Evelyn Reed was a scientist. It's a very well searched and organised book. She gives the pictures of almost each time zone through out the hiistory of the humanity.It's a very important book and I suggest it to everyone who is interested in politics, human and women rights.
Masymas
I learned that there is a scientific explanation for the existence of a matriarchy and how it came to an end. I found this book a profound antidote to growing up in a patriarchy.
Franklin
total engelsianism, masquerading as marxist-feminism; still the main lesson seems to be that women's freedom must wait until after the workers' revolution
aldo zirsov
bingkisan buku dari Kalyanamitra.
terima kasih Buzenk...!!
Ellen Marcolongo
Interesting ideas but very repititive.
Hossein Pazham
Hossein Pazham is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2015
NELS
NELS marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Charutha Lal
Charutha Lal marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Nasim
Nasim marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Gaby
Gaby marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Todd Zimmer
Todd Zimmer marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Mitra_irani
Mitra_irani marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
M
M marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Leila Labão
Leila Labão marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Aiminoes
Aiminoes marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
aldo zirsov
aldo zirsov marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Ameya Warde
Ameya Warde marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
mis fit
mis fit marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Burcu
Burcu marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Katherine Hensley
Katherine Hensley marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sexism and Science Problems of Women's Liberation Is Biology Woman's Destiny? The Myth of Women’s Inferiority(Pamphlet ) Sexo Contra Sexo O Clase Contra Clase