Start by marking “Woman's Evolution: From Matriarchal Clan to Patriarchal Family” as Want to Read:
Woman's Evolution: From Matriarchal Clan to Patriarchal Family

Woman's Evolution: From Matriarchal Clan to Patriarchal Family

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Assesses women's leading and still largely unknown contributions to the development of human civilization and refutes the myth that women have always been subordinate to men.
Published March 1st 1975 by Pathfinder Press (NY) (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Woman's Evolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Woman's Evolution

Sonya
Jan 01, 2016 Sonya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
در این کتاب به طور اجمالی به بررسی سه مرحله: مادر تباری، برادر تباری و پدر تباری پرداخته شده است
بعد از دوران توحش در دوران بربریت نزدیک به هشت هزار سال پیش جوامع متشکل از کلان ها و طایفه ها بودند که جمع آنها یک قبیله را تشکیل می داد. و افراد یک کلان زیر نظر زنان و مادران اداره می شدند. زناشویی بین اعضای یک کلان شدیدا ممنوع بود که در بررسی مفصل ان به عواملی مانند جلوگیری از همنوع خواری و بقا اشاره شده است.
فرزندان متعلق به مادر و تبار مادری بودند و نقش مردان در تولد کودک ناشناخته بود و آنرا مربوط
Annie Donovan-Aitken
If anyone had seen how long this was on my currently reading shelf they would already know I gave up on this book. I really like the topic but it was a little repetitive and became a chore. I'd like someone to read it and write a précis for me.
Marilyn Saul
Mar 28, 2014 Marilyn Saul rated it really liked it
I read this book back in the 1970s. Just once, mind you, but to this day I tell other women about it. I'd say it has had a lasting impact on my life, particularly in helping me understand how we moved from matriarchal/matrilineal societies to patriarchal/patrilineal societies, where women are separated from their support group of other women, usually closely related women, or even just the village women, and what that does to use mentally and physically as we are urged to compete in a man's worl ...more
Jim
Sep 10, 2011 Jim rated it it was amazing
This book takes on greater importance today as we see women once again entering into mass struggles for democratic rights.

Interconnected with all the mass political mobilizations we see today in parts of the world is the fight for the emancipation of women. Women are part of them. The great question of the origin of female oppression and how it can be ended will once again bring readers to this excellent work.

Today in the US, we face a renewed campaign to curtail abortion rights. That alone sho
Jim
Nov 24, 2012 Jim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While this book has just recently appeared in translation into the Indonesian language--a fact confirming that the 21st century is truly the century in which women will make great advances--based on the scientific perspective advanced by Reed, a Marxist--through struggles and social revolutions to replace capitalism with governments of the workers and farmers--like the true socialism of Cuba--the book has many reviews in english. See this link: http://www.pathfinderpress.com/Womans...
Anna
Jul 28, 2011 Anna rated it really liked it
Evelyn Reed was a scientist. It's a very well searched and organised book. She gives the pictures of almost each time zone through out the hiistory of the humanity.It's a very important book and I suggest it to everyone who is interested in politics, human and women rights.
Masymas
Feb 09, 2008 Masymas rated it it was amazing
I learned that there is a scientific explanation for the existence of a matriarchy and how it came to an end. I found this book a profound antidote to growing up in a patriarchy.
Franklin
Aug 30, 2008 Franklin rated it did not like it
total engelsianism, masquerading as marxist-feminism; still the main lesson seems to be that women's freedom must wait until after the workers' revolution
aldo zirsov
bingkisan buku dari Kalyanamitra.
terima kasih Buzenk...!!
Ellen Marcolongo
Interesting ideas but very repititive.
Sion Yisrael
Sion Yisrael rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Samim
Samim rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Niloofar
Niloofar rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2016
Ram Karki
Ram Karki marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Klaudia
Klaudia marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Niloofar
Niloofar rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Romina
Romina marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Tomaszke
Tomaszke marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Bianca Pereira
Bianca Pereira marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
Olivia Hadiwirawan
Olivia Hadiwirawan is currently reading it
Dec 11, 2015
ERHAN ÇAKMAK
ERHAN ÇAKMAK marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Jon-david Settell
Jon-david Settell marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Mike Shur
Mike Shur rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2015
Başak Sopaci
Başak Sopaci marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015