Start by marking “Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes” as Want to Read:
Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes

Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  1,491 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Great value-hundreds of tested and perfected recipes, informative tips, plus two bonus chapters-all-in-one economical resource for time-crunched cooks from the brand they know and trust. Recipes for appetizers, beverages, soups, stews, main dishes, and desserts. 416 pages-about one recipe per page-makes this the largest book of its kind. Bonus chapters offer 5-ingredient r ...more
Published August 1st 2002 by Better Homes & Gardens

To ask other readers questions about Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleLike Water for Chocolate by Laura EsquivelFried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
Food Reads
153rd out of 226 books — 57 voters

More lists with this book...

Karen
This is just a big collection of random people's slow cooker recipes. Everything tastes like BBQ or beefstew. There's no quality control on these recipes and I don't think anyone at BHG ever actually made the recipes to verify that they are accurate at all. I only use this when I have random ingredients laying around my house and need to come up with something to eat for dinner. Because for each dish in the cookbook, there are about 25 different version of the same recipe, it is helpful to see h ...more
Lynda
2.5 stars. No new information here. I would recommend this only to someone who has no other crockpot cookbooks.
Joan
I have made many of the recipes in this book. My family has loved them all. The gingered pork and pineapple was awesome. Though I substituted sweet potatoes for the carrots. We loved the Jerk Roast with rice and the orange mustard pork chops. We also love the curried roast & carrots. If you can't find a recipe in this book then you don';t have any imagination for food.
Theresa
This is a good basic book of varied recipes, but the seasonings as called for are bland to my taste. I usually at least double all the spices and seasonings. My favorites include Herbed Port Pot Roast and Southwestern White Chili. There are even dessert recipes including slow cooker bread pudding.
Chris
Full of simple, tasty recipes. The bulk of the book is slow cooker recipes, but there's also a section on 5-ingredient meals and a section on one-dish dinners. We have a handful of recipes from this book that we come back to regularly.
Bert Edens
This is a wonderful collection of recipes, many of which take various amounts of time (not just the all-day 6 hours on low variety). We have already tried a couple of these and will definitely do more.
K
This book got me through time and cash strapped years in college. I'm sure that not everything would be as developed as I would like now but a basic slow cooker reference.
Kristen
Great easy recipes for during the week while I'm at work or on a busy weekend where I can start dinner whenever time permits durning the morning or early afternoon...
Carla
One nice feature is that the bottom half of each recipe's page is blank--room for notetaking.

I'll be making the Ranch Potatoes this weekend.
Miss Mouse
This book looks impressively big, but many recipes are just variations of the same thing, just different spices.
Stephanie
I like looking at all the recipes for slow cooking. But with every cookbook it sometimes feels redundant.
Tina Gauthier
This has many recipes that have become family favorites and they are all easy to make.
Kay
Great cookbook with tons of quick delicious recipes, many that are Atkins friendly!
Diana
Some really good recipes in this book.
Kevin Berry
Kevin Berry marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Evelyn Hawkins
Evelyn Hawkins marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Yasmin Mitchell
Yasmin Mitchell marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Ashley Foss
Ashley Foss marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Tgauchsin
Tgauchsin marked it as to-read
Jeanette McAllister
Jeanette McAllister marked it as to-read
Barbara Ranson
Barbara Ranson marked it as to-read
  • Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
  • Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars
  • Get Togethers: Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals
  • Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
  • Even More Top Secret Recipes: More Amazing Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • Betty Crocker's Cooky Book
  • Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
  • The Taste of Home Baking Book
  • From Emeril's Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril's Restaurants
  • The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook
  • The Gourmet Slow Cooker: Simple and Sophisticated Meals from Around the World
  • Mrs. Fields Cookie Book: 100 Recipes from the Kitchen of Mrs. Fields
  • 'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal--And a Meal into a Sandwich
  • America's Most Wanted Recipes: Delicious Recipes from Your Family's Favorite Restaurants
  • Everyday Food: Light: The Quickest and Easiest Recipes, All Under 500 Calories
  • Once-A-Month Cooking: A Proven System for Spending Less Time in the Kitchen and Enjoying Delicious, Homemade Meals Every Day
  • Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: The Big Book of Everyday Slow Cooking
  • The Lady & Sons, Too!: A Whole New Batch of Recipes from Savannah
Quick & Easy Comfort Cooking Recipes To The Rescue Thrilling Kitchen BBQ P.D.Q.: Twice the Flavor, Twice as Easy America's Ethnic Cuisines Easy Cooking With Zing