Start by marking “Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes” as Want to Read:
Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes

Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,922 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Great value-hundreds of tested and perfected recipes, informative tips, plus two bonus chapters-all-in-one economical resource for time-crunched cooks from the brand they know and trust. Recipes for appetizers, beverages, soups, stews, main dishes, and desserts. 416 pages-about one recipe per page-makes this the largest book of its kind. Bonus chapters offer 5-ingredient r ...more
Published August 1st 2002 by Better Homes & Gardens

To ask other readers questions about Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald DahlGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleLike Water for Chocolate by Laura EsquivelFried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
Food Reads
178th out of 260 books — 61 voters

More lists with this book...

Karen
Oct 29, 2009 Karen rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
This is just a big collection of random people's slow cooker recipes. Everything tastes like BBQ or beefstew. There's no quality control on these recipes and I don't think anyone at BHG ever actually made the recipes to verify that they are accurate at all. I only use this when I have random ingredients laying around my house and need to come up with something to eat for dinner. Because for each dish in the cookbook, there are about 25 different version of the same recipe, it is helpful to see h ...more
Lynda
Mar 29, 2015 Lynda rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
2.5 stars. No new information here. I would recommend this only to someone who has no other crockpot cookbooks.
Joan
Jan 03, 2009 Joan rated it it was amazing
I have made many of the recipes in this book. My family has loved them all. The gingered pork and pineapple was awesome. Though I substituted sweet potatoes for the carrots. We loved the Jerk Roast with rice and the orange mustard pork chops. We also love the curried roast & carrots. If you can't find a recipe in this book then you don';t have any imagination for food.
Theresa
Nov 06, 2007 Theresa rated it liked it
This is a good basic book of varied recipes, but the seasonings as called for are bland to my taste. I usually at least double all the spices and seasonings. My favorites include Herbed Port Pot Roast and Southwestern White Chili. There are even dessert recipes including slow cooker bread pudding.
Chris
Sep 28, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
Full of simple, tasty recipes. The bulk of the book is slow cooker recipes, but there's also a section on 5-ingredient meals and a section on one-dish dinners. We have a handful of recipes from this book that we come back to regularly.
Bert Edens
Sep 16, 2010 Bert Edens rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
This is a wonderful collection of recipes, many of which take various amounts of time (not just the all-day 6 hours on low variety). We have already tried a couple of these and will definitely do more.
K
Dec 27, 2012 K rated it liked it
This book got me through time and cash strapped years in college. I'm sure that not everything would be as developed as I would like now but a basic slow cooker reference.
Kristen
Jan 09, 2009 Kristen rated it really liked it
Great easy recipes for during the week while I'm at work or on a busy weekend where I can start dinner whenever time permits durning the morning or early afternoon...
Carla
Jul 22, 2011 Carla rated it really liked it
One nice feature is that the bottom half of each recipe's page is blank--room for notetaking.

I'll be making the Ranch Potatoes this weekend.
Miss Mouse
Mar 07, 2009 Miss Mouse rated it liked it
Shelves: home-cooking, 2009
This book looks impressively big, but many recipes are just variations of the same thing, just different spices.
Stephanie
Feb 14, 2013 Stephanie rated it liked it
I like looking at all the recipes for slow cooking. But with every cookbook it sometimes feels redundant.
Tina Gauthier
Dec 07, 2011 Tina Gauthier rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
This has many recipes that have become family favorites and they are all easy to make.
Kay
Jun 06, 2012 Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great cookbook with tons of quick delicious recipes, many that are Atkins friendly!
Diana
Jul 30, 2011 Diana rated it liked it
Some really good recipes in this book.
Shane
Shane rated it liked it
Ken Johnson
Ken Johnson marked it as to-read
Dina sharifian
Dina sharifian marked it as to-read
acaicia trewin
acaicia trewin rated it it was amazing
Donna Riggi
Donna Riggi marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Nancy Michael
Nancy Michael rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2016
Noel Lizotte
Noel Lizotte marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Charlene bess
Charlene bess marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Amanda Mote Hatcher
Amanda Mote Hatcher rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
Gail Rozkydol
Gail Rozkydol marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
susan dawson
susan dawson marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Bhakta Magar
Bhakta Magar marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
amanda atkins
amanda atkins marked it as to-read
Nichee watson
Nichee watson marked it as to-read
Denise Jo
Denise Jo marked it as to-read
Michael Hamilton
Michael Hamilton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
  • Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
  • Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars
  • Get Togethers: Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals
  • Betty Crocker's Cooky Book
  • Even More Top Secret Recipes: More Amazing Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
  • Food Network Magazine Great Easy Meals: 250 Delicious Recipes for the Whole Family
  • From Emeril's Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril's Restaurants
  • Mrs. Fields Cookie Book: 100 Recipes from the Kitchen of Mrs. Fields
  • The Taste of Home Baking Book
  • The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook
  • More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: 200 Brand-New, Budget-Friendly, Slow-Cooker Recipes
  • Chocolate from the Cake Mix Doctor
  • America's Most Wanted Recipes: Delicious Recipes from Your Family's Favorite Restaurants
  • The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The Original Classics
  • Fannie Farmer Baking Book
  • 'wichcraft: Craft a Sandwich into a Meal--And a Meal into a Sandwich
  • Once-A-Month Cooking: A Proven System for Spending Less Time in the Kitchen and Enjoying Delicious, Homemade Meals Every Day
  • The Gourmet Slow Cooker: Simple and Sophisticated Meals from Around the World