Start by marking “Everyday: A Yearlong Photo Diary” as Want to Read:
Everyday: A Yearlong Photo Diary

Everyday: A Yearlong Photo Diary

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  14 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
In his first book, photographer Byron Wolfe, recipient of the esteemed Santa Fe Prize for Photography, celebrates the beauty of daily life by making one original, compelling picture every day for a year. The resulting images create an intimate document of the everydaydomestic scenes, nature, children, and meditative still lifesuniversal in their simplicity and appeal. 365 ...more
Published April 5th 2007 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about Everyday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyday

Andy Fletcher
Jul 27, 2012 Andy Fletcher rated it it was amazing
I've been following the work of this photographer for years.
This is a great book. Great photos and a peek into this author's everyday life. It is so much more than a book of pictures. From the seasons of a fruit tree, to the life and death of a cloud, to a fun little thread about a chicken, the author/photographer tells a story about life, death, and the cycles that drive our ever changing world. Would love to see this as an iBook.
Nancy
Jan 24, 2009 Nancy rated it it was ok
I wish everybody would do this -- I wish I would do this: not just take the daily photos but make a book that one can hold. Byron Wolfe's year-book is compelling, and left me exhausted because I was really there, in his life -- a year of eggs, fruit, fruiting trees, laundry, naked sons, spilled liquids, and a stainless steel kitchen table. A year of trying.
Amanda
Jun 04, 2010 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I really loved working through this book. What it lacks in words, it makes up in pictures that take a long time to figure out and piece together. The story of a life in details most people miss. This was inspirational and amazing.
Dawn
Sep 20, 2010 Dawn rated it liked it
Not only an interesting digital photograph idea, but good writing prompts as well (or at least I hope so). Some very nice photos here -- some I would like to learn the techniques for.
T.
Mar 07, 2010 T. rated it really liked it
365 days of understanding life in glimpses: afternoons of joy, quiet mornings, evenings where you're not sure if it's worth doing what you're doing.
D
D rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
Emymixon
Emymixon rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Juno
Juno rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2014
Wes Young
Wes Young rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2013
Ethan
Ethan rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2013
Byron Wolfe
Oct 10, 2012 Byron Wolfe added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jaclyn
Jaclyn rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Marissa S
Marissa S marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2011
Brianna
Brianna rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2011
Tom
Tom rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2010
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2010
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2008