Start by marking “The Miracle of Lourdes: A Message of Healing and Hope” as Want to Read:
The Miracle of Lourdes: A Message of Healing and Hope

The Miracle of Lourdes: A Message of Healing and Hope

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  2 reviews
To commemorate the 150th anniversary of the miracle of Lourdes, where Our Lady appeared to French schoolgirl Bernadette Soubirous, Father John Lochran retells the familiar story with deep insight and new appreciation. Lochran explores the history and meaning of the miraculous events in light of modern theology and spirituality and offers his own reflections on Lourdes, the ...more
Published February 1st 2008 by Franciscan Media

To ask other readers questions about The Miracle of Lourdes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Miracle of Lourdes

Amanda Marie
I received this book for my birthday when I was in high school. I love the stories Father Lochran tells of his time in Lourdes. I have not been to Lourdes but I would love to go. This book has really made me want to go even more.
Father Lochran tells a lot about Bernadette in his book. He recounts things she has said and speaks about her life before and after the apparitions at Lourdes.
I love the way Father Lochran writes. He makes things I have heard and read about for years impact me in a diffe
Stephen
Makes the pilgrimage we are on more understandable. A spiritual book about our journey ...what to expect, what to leave behind and what can be the outcome. Read this as a follow up to "The Song of Bernardette" and it complemented it quite well. One focused on Bernardette, the other focused on our own pilgrimage. Modernism crept into the narrative and that is why it is not 5 stars.
Duke Lancaster
Duke Lancaster marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2013
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2012
Eighmey
Eighmey marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2011
The Grotto Was My Heaven: Meditations on the Message of Lourdes Springs of Living Water: Reflections on the Message of Lourdes