Start by marking “Maggie: Diary #2 (California Diaries, #8)” as Want to Read:
Maggie: Diary #2 (California Diaries, #8)

Maggie: Diary #2 (California Diaries #8)

If only I could be perfect.If only I could lose 10 pounds.

Then I'll be happy; then everything will be perfect.

Maggie's got an eating disorder, and it's getting worse.
Published August 1st 1998 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Maggie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maggie

Laura Hughes
Nov 18, 2014 Laura Hughes rated it liked it
Shelves: babysitters-club
Maggie has an eating disorder.

Maggie is recording her food intake and weight, trying to lose weight although her friends all insist she looks fine. It's summer, and she's working in her dad's Hollywood office until she quits to work for an animal shelter, causing her dad to criticize her as a quitter. Maggie freaks herself out gearing up for a date with her crush, Justin, who's trying to join her band. Meanwhile, her Maggie's mom refuses to admit her drinking problem, frustrating Maggie(view spo
Heather
I don't think it's really fair for me to give this a star review. I happened to find this one lying around and, knowing it was a spin-off of BSC (which I loved when I was 8), I wanted to see how it was. But I'm well above the target audience. I was well above the target audience when it was originally published. So I don't feel like I can judge it as a book. I probably would have loved this back in the day when I was on this reading level.

It was much darker than the original BSC. Maggie is strug
705luna
Jan 07, 2016 705luna rated it liked it
All during this book i wanted to scream at Maggie because she kept on talking about how she is too fat when i know she is not. Maggie starves herself because of a desiese she has known as Anorexia. This book was probably my least favorite book in the series because although this is a serious problem in the world having no one do something about it, made me continousley scream at Maggie in my head.
Lorien
Apr 30, 2015 Lorien rated it liked it
Shelves: personal-library
This book...was painful to read. Reading someone destroy themselves is so hard to read. And it's so hard because it's so REAL. Maggie has anorexia, where she starved herself to lose weight, regardless of the fact she was a size 6 or 8 to begin with, which is petite. Very petite. And then to go to a size 2...

This book is Maggie losing weight to deal with her broken family that refuses to admit it's broken. The climax comes when everyone finally admits there are a lot of problems, and at the very
Melanie Raye
May 31, 2015 Melanie Raye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very powerful and insightful look into the mind of someone suffering with anorexia.
Destiny_roundtree
Apr 28, 2014 Destiny_roundtree rated it it was amazing
I Think This Book Is Great So Far....Cant Wait To Read More!!!!
Tanya
Sep 16, 2010 Tanya rated it it was ok
Amanda
This book was okay It got really annoying with Maggie saying all the time that she is fat. (which she is not)

I did like the California Diaries series, but several of the books including this one were kind of annoying, or more like severly annoying. This one was one of the more annoying books in this series but I guess the good books come with the bad books.
Jul 19, 2011 Laura rated it liked it
Whoa. This book is all about weight problems and Maggie's depression. I can see how she'd come to the point where she is, but it was not a pleasant read. But then she seemed to "fix" herself at the end which I feel is a poor ending as I do not think it's all that realistic.
Cheyanne
Feb 07, 2010 Cheyanne rated it it was amazing
The best book, in my opinion, in the whole series. Maggie is crashing and it's beautifully disastrous and I love the emotion within this book.
Gabriella
Jul 11, 2010 Gabriella rated it really liked it
I read this book when I was in grade 7, I enjoyed it very much, loved reading about Maggie's life.
Brittany
Jun 13, 2011 Brittany rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this whole series of books. (I'm a sucker for books written as diaries).
Alex
Sep 20, 2013 Alex rated it it was amazing
Maggie became anorexic in this one, it was written very well.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Charity Keith
Charity Keith marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2016
Lucia
Lucia rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Diauj Davis
Diauj Davis marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Rony Hesler
Rony Hesler marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Sarah added it
Aug 06, 2016
//Jenna Madeline //
//Jenna Madeline // marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Lynn Demsky
Lynn Demsky marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Mohamed Yosri
Mohamed Yosri rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2016
  • The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde (Wishbone Classics, #8)
  • Escape from Egypt
  • If You Only Knew (Friendship Ring, #1)
  • Hide and Seek
  • Inside the Walls of Troy: A Novel of the Women Who Lived the Trojan War
  • Lisa's War (Lisa's War, #1)
  • Be a Wolf! (Adventures of Wishbone, #1)
  • The Prince and the Pooch
  • Pearl Harbor, 1941
  • About the B'nai Bagels
  • Three Lives to Live
  • One Last Wish (One Last Wish, #3, 5-6)
  • A Mess of Everything
  • The Mutt in the Iron Muzzle (Adventures of Wishbone, #7)
  • It's an Aardvark-Eat-Turtle World
  • The Friends
  • Twenty Pageants Later
  • Return of the Evil Twin (Sweet Valley High, Magna Edition #6)

More about Ann M. Martin...

California Diaries (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Dawn: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #1)
  • Sunny: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #2)
  • Maggie: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #3)
  • Amalia: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #4)
  • Ducky: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #5)
  • Sunny: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #6)
  • Dawn: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #7)
  • Amalia: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #9)
  • Ducky: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #10)
  • Dawn: Diary 3 (California Diaries, #11)