Start by marking “Comment le Grinch A Vole Noel” as Want to Read:
Comment le Grinch A Vole Noel

Comment le Grinch A Vole Noel

4.36  ·  Rating Details ·  252,148 Ratings  ·  2,166 Reviews
"The Grinch hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason."

Dr. Seuss's small-hearted Grinch ranks right up there with Scrooge when it comes to the crankiest, scowling holiday grumps of all time. For 53 years, the Grinch has lived in a cave on the side of a mountain, looming above the Whos in Whoville. The noisy holiday
Mass Market Paperback, 64 pages
Published January 2002 by Pocket Jeunesse (first published October 12th 1957)

To ask other readers questions about Comment le Grinch A Vole Noel, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
AMY GREGORY
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
shari Because my first book I read is that book I love it lol

Alejandro
Apr 11, 2017 Alejandro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My all-time favorite Dr. Seuss' story!

HOW THE GRINCH STOLE OUR HEARTS AND SOULS

It could be his head wasn’t screwed on just right.

It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight,

But I think that the most likely reason of all

May have been that his heart was too sizes too small,

Okay, people, this is it!

This is my favorite tale by Dr. Seuss, and I am quite certain that it must be the most popular and known of his works.

We are in Who-ville again and The Grinch is up to no good with
James
Mar 11, 2017 James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book Review
4+ stars to How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, a children's picture book, written in 1957 by Dr. Seuss. I adored this favorite as a child, and I still watch the cartoon ever year at Christmas. I've also seen the Jim Carrey movie and will watch that one, too. It's such a wonderful take of love and revenge...

Most folks who celebrate Christmas must have read or seen some version of this story at some point in their lives. If not, it's basically a grinch that wants to stop Christmas bec
Vicki
Sep 19, 2015 Vicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, children
Of course it is a five star rating. How could it be less. I can pretty much say it by heart when I read it at Christmas time. It is always brought out, just like the Night Before Christmas.
Those reading always takes center stage in our Christmas traditions. Once we read the book, we watch the original cartoon. sometimes we even watch the movie The Grinch to top off the perfectly Grinchy evening.
Anne
Dec 25, 2015 Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-kid-in-me
So lovely and positively brilliant. Just inspiring!

My first book by Dr. Seuss, everyone!

And now onto the movie!! Gosh I love Christmas. ❤❤
Archit Ojha
Jul 28, 2016 Archit Ojha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Come on Grinch,

Don't be a spoilsport.

I and my wife are surely reading to our little Who's when they are born.

The undercurrent of the story presents to you a question as to not "How" but rather "Why" did the the Grinch stole the Christmas from the merry making Who people.

Every Who down in Whoville liked Christmas a lot

But the Grinch who lived just North of Whoville did not!

The Grinch hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season!

Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.

It could be,
Tamara
Every Who down in Whoville liked Christmas a lot

But the Grinch who lived just North of Whoville did not!

The Grinch hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season!

Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.

It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.

It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right.

But I think that the most likely reason of all

May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.
Come on, you know the story.

In Whoville, live the Whos, an almost mutated sort of
madamereadsalot
Dec 19, 2016 madamereadsalot rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't only read this to fill up my reading challenge. Nope. Not at all.

But no seriously: The Grinch is one of my favourite Christmas movies. A secret you probably never knew: I'm the inspiration for the Grinch.

Ok, just kidding, BUT: I love the illustrations & though I like the movie a bit more, it was still a cute little read, bringing closer the true meaning of christmas, for me, coming together as a family, being grateful for what we have & giving something back to others, no matter
midnightfaerie
Mar 18, 2012 midnightfaerie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
How can anyone not love Dr. Seuss or the Grinch? I grew up on the Christmas animated cartoon that always showed on T.V. and the book was just an added bonus to a wonderful story. I can still sing that song. A wonderful story and a great book to pass down through generations and a great way to start a family tradition of reading a story at Christmas time. Who says it always has to be the Night Before Christmas?
Yulia
May 13, 2008 Yulia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whenever someone asks me if I celebrate Christmas and I'm about to be catty and say that I don't because I'm not a Christian, I wish an alert would sound in my ear and warn me not to be like Grinch. "Don't steal Christmas, Yulia. Don't do it!"
Gio
Nov 27, 2016 Gio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Image result for grinch book quote

WoW! I Am Not A Christmas Person

Maybe Not Quite A Grinch

Christmas To Me Is What Newman From Seinfeld Is To Jerry LOL

Image result for newman seinfeld christmas

We Never Figure Out Why He Hates Newman

This Book Has Always Made Me Smile And Will Melt Anyone's Grinch Heart

The Movie!! My One And Only Christmas Tradition

Image result for grinch solve world hunger quotes

Christina
" Then he got an idea. An awful idea. The grinch got a wonderful, awful idea. "

Not my first time reading it by any means, but just read it with my kids for a bedtime story. I forgot how the grinch is kinda my favorite Christmas related character :)
Olivia "Don't Blame Me I Voted for Hillary"
It was excellent. And I enjoyed the cartoon that showed on TV that was made from that book.
Mike (the Paladin)
A wonderful children's book. The Grinch not being the kind of person you'd really want to spend time with when the story opens, learns that here is much more to Christmas, than just packages, bows, and ribbons, not to mention feasts and roast beasts.

And the world would have been an infinitely better place had Ron Howard never gotten his hands on this story.

Really.
Rebecca T
Nov 13, 2016 Rebecca T rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was great until the grinch got brainwashed
Wren | WrensReads
WrensReads Review:

So I don't really need to talk about how great this book is. That would be like me telling you how great any other great classic kid's story is.

So what to say? I think this is a great story to realize you're a Grinch.

It doesn't even have to be Christmas. Put in any other holiday.
Valentine's Day: are you a "Single Awareness Day" person?
Thanksgiving: are you a "Brown Thursday" person?
Halloween: are you a "This is the Devil's Holiday" person?

You get what I am getting at. Find yo
Ronyell
Grinch

“How the Grinch Stole Christmas” is Dr. Seuss’ memorable classic about how the Grinch tried to steal all the presents from the Whos of Who-ville to spoil their Christmas. “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” is definitely the best out of all of Dr. Seuss’ books that many children will enjoy for many generations.

Dr. Seuss’ tale of finding the true meaning of the Christmas spirit has been memorable in many generations’ eyes and the writing is excellent as it is written in a creative way by using a rhy
Kristina
Aug 28, 2014 Kristina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more <3
Fernando González y Lozano
Dramatic, Mavellously Funny, and Full of Humans Lessons.
Jose Monarrez
"Every Who Down in Whoville Liked Christmas a lot... But the Grinch,Who lived just north of Whoville, Did NOT!"

Dr. Seuss y su obra es considerada lo mejor de la literatura infantil de todos los tiempos, y debo decir que están equivocados, ya que esto no es infantil, si no universal, no es largo ni pomposo, sino corto y rimado, pero dentro de ese pequeño universo creado por el, es un universo que se disfruta en cada palabra, cada verso y cada estrofa.

“Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn't
Carol
I've always wanted to read Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas and now I finally have......

Everyone knows the wonderful story of the mean-green ole Grinch who tried to stop Christmas from coming to Who-ville, and that his itty-bitty heart grew three sizes larger the day he learned the true meaning of Christmas from the adorable little WHO town-folk.

This has been one of my favorite stories since it first aired on TV back in 1966, and I still try to watch it every year even though it someti

Mandy Crider
Jul 28, 2015 Mandy Crider rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite children's books! My favorite line from this book is, "Christmas doesn't come from a store"! I love it and I love how the Grinch realized that Christmas is about love and hope and togetherness. Such a great message for both children and adults!
Licha
Dec 06, 2015 Licha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite Xmas stories ever.
Foad
What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store?
What if Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more...?
Sandra Miksa
ALL TIME FAVORITE FOREVER AND EVER I LOVE THE GRINCH SO MUCH. IM GOING TO GO WATCH THE MOVIE FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME. URG SO GOOD. BEST CHRISTMAS BOOK AND MOVIE. 6 STARTS.
Isa Lavinia

One of the annoying things about English not being my first language is that I missed out on a lot of popular children's books. And the thing is, when you do get to read them as an adult, you are fully aware you're not experiencing them as you were meant to - there are a great many books beloved by English speaking people which I read and go, "Oh, okay, was that it?"

Not the Grinch, though!
I got this book for Christmas, last year, a gift from a friend of mine from the USA. And I loved it!!

It mu
Afkham
Mar 06, 2017 Afkham rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, childrens
Mayor said "This Christmas is the 1000th Whobilation, Whoville's happiest day! And to celebrate, all
stores will be open one more hour!"

"But they're open 24 hours a day already" said one Who.

"Days will be 25 hours long from now on!"
Tim
Apr 18, 2008 Tim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
If your only knowledge of this story is through film (either animated or live-action) you must . . .MUST . . . run out and read the actual, original text. Seuss's work is so visual and his playful, inventive language is so captivating that filmmakers (even when Seuss is directly involved as in the Boris Karloff-Voiced Grinch) can't help but pad his work with long passages devoted to interesting drawings of wackily-named who-toys.

But in the book, the most Seussian reference is to who-hash.The Wh
Jackie
Feb 12, 2012 Jackie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dr. Seuss is one deep-thinking philosophical dude who takes you on an emotional roller coaster. I mean, wow, how many times have I puzzled until my "puzzler was sore." Little Cindy Lou Who's narrow escape from the Grinch's evil clutches--when he got her drink, patted her on the head, and sent her to bed--had me crying with relief. AND SPOILER ALERT: The Grinch gets to carve the roast beast at the Who's Xmas feast in the end. All I have to say is my heart grew three sizes the day I read this stor ...more
SheriC (Portable Magic)
Audio version via Audible. Having grown up listening to Boris Karloff's beautiful narration in the animated cartoon, Matthau's reading seemed strangely flat, although he really does a terrific reading. The story is still as enjoyable as ever, and listening to it helped my mean old Grinchy heart expand three sizes in one day.
What book(s) that is related to Christmas do you like the best? 17 42 May 02, 2017 09:32AM
Make a New Holiday Classic 1 2 Dec 25, 2016 03:18PM
  • The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV
  • Bear Stays Up for Christmas
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas
  • Who's That Knocking on Christmas Eve?
  • The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story
  • Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect
  • Dr. Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham: For Soprano, Boy Soprano, and Orchestra
  • How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?
  • Mud Puddle
  • Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever!
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • Amelia Bedelia  (Amelia Bedelia #1)
  • Santa Calls
  • Madeline's Christmas
  • Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel
  • The Polar Express
  • Serendipity
More about Dr. Seuss...

“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!” 3014 likes
“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow,
stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
1413 likes