Start by marking “Oh, Say Can You Rhyme” as Want to Read:
Oh, Say Can You Rhyme

Oh, Say Can You Rhyme (Beginner Books B-65)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  5,491 Ratings  ·  162 Reviews
Caution: for advanced storytellers only! The tongue twisters in this book will have your children laughing for hours--and that laughter just might be directed at you! Mixing genuine words with classic Seuss vocabulary, Oh Say Can You Say gets trickier with every page. You'll start off easy with this cautionary limerick:
Said a book-reading parrot named Hooey, "The words in
Paperback
Published by Random House Trade (first published 1979)

Kathryn
Feb 05, 2011 Kathryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-my-boys
There was much laughter when I first read this book. The tongue twisters are very difficult for young readers but I had problems trying to keep a consistent rhythm. Just try reading each twister faster than you usualy read and I guarantee you do not make it through to the end without a mistake, at least not on your first run through. This book is a keeper. Luckily, the library gave us two copies, one nested within the other, so I think we will keep one. Not really, but obviously the thought cros ...more
Ada Soto
Jul 12, 2015 Ada Soto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is EVIL! Pure evil I tell you. And when you get through it without a slip up it feels a bit like winning Minesweeper on advanced.
June
Feb 27, 2013 June rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: tongue twister requests
Read this since the copy of Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? that I got inter-library loan was scribbled all over on the pages.

Unfortunately, I had a lot of younger children stay over from lap time, so they were a little young and the class who I gear the program for came late and were stuck in the back, so weren't as involved. However, all the parents got a kick out of it and they were laughing out loud.
Anna
Yesterday I went to my sisters house for thanksgiving. She has two adorable girls one is 10 and the other is 6. When I got there they told me they had a surprise for me. After about 10 minutes I went upstairs to find my self in a "library" in her room. The 10 year olds is called the copper library. ( which is named after their cat) I was looking through her books when I came across this book. I never read it so I had to check it out. It was kind of stupid. The names were all weird and the words ...more
Holli
May 28, 2011 Holli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My tongue feels like jello and my brain gets a cramp every time I read this to my kids! lol
Ronda Wingo
Jul 14, 2009 Ronda Wingo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tongue-twisters galore. I love it.
May 03, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This collection of tongue twisters from Dr. Seuss is sure to be loved by kids everywhere as they attempt a tongue twister, yet alone a Dr. Seuss tongue twister with words that don't exist.

The fun bright colors are typical Dr. Seuss along with the usual font and typical characters. Dr. Seuss takes his typical style of writing rhymes to a whole new level with these fun tongue twisters that even I had a difficult time with!
Chris
Dec 27, 2014 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a really funny, really well-written and really enjoyable Dr. Seuss book. It had really well-written illustrations, great characters, really funny rhymes, really great humor and a really fun story. I haven't read this book in a very long time. This is going to be one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books I've ever read in my whole life. I highly recommend this book to both kids and adults.
Columbus
Aug 20, 2014 Columbus rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh no, can't believe I gave Seuss a 2 star rating. Tongue twisters that were not very good in my opinion. I looked at some of the other ratings on Goodreads and I appear to be in the minority on this. I guess I'll need to read it to the young one and see how he responds to it. His reaction could certainly change my opinion and my rating.
Cara
Again, another book by Dr. Seuss that I'd never heard of before seeing on the library catalog. It started off kind of cute, but this one was really a tongue twister and while I understand that it is the whole point of the book, it wasn't that great of a read because I messed up a lot. Of course my toddler didn't know that I messed up, but still.
Erin K
"Terrible tongue twisters!" This book has been my favorite since I was young. These tongue twisters are doable for third/fourth grade and make great fluency practice. A writing extension would be to partner write a nonsensical rhyme about a made up place and characters.
Camilla
3-5th, who will get the slips and slurs, and will want to join in and have their own shot at trying to read it all without stumbling.
And, I must be give credit where credit is due, I am remarkable at reading these--and doing it fast!
Tim Schraad
Feb 10, 2016 Tim Schraad rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like this book...except it was a bit difficult to read even for myself. I couldn't imagine asking younger students to try it for themselves. With that being said it is Dr Suess and who doesn't like his work.
Naomi
May 20, 2015 Naomi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FUN tongue twisters for the kidlets in Dr. Suess style. This book was a different format from his other books that I have read by him. More words to the pages and it felt much more like a Golden book.
Ryk Stanton
Jul 13, 2015 Ryk Stanton rated it it was amazing
I love tongue twisters, and these are fresh and new and fun fun fun. I think I'd like to memorize a few of them to add to my repertoire of funny verse. Plus cute illustrations! What a great book!
Nadja
Mar 15, 2015 Nadja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an epic Dr. Seuss book that reminded me that a life without the Cat in the Hat is bland indeed! Absolutely loved it...the tongue twisters are awesome, and the humour is fantastic as always :)
Mrs Prichard
Feb 28, 2015 Mrs Prichard rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this one to my children and I got tongue tied myself. My daughter said don't worry Mom I will get Granny to help. Hilarious!
SWC
Feb 12, 2016 SWC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Our local newspaper is offering a Dr Seuss book every day for 14 days if you buy the paper. The promotion has impressed my wife.
Kiera Singer
This is my memorable book and I chose it because it is full of fun tongue twisters which make it a fun book to read!
Supriya Rao
Jul 04, 2015 Supriya Rao rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hahaha, what tongue twisters! I thought Fox in Sox was tough, this one on an another level :-)
Apr 22, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Dr. Seuss books! This one was definitely a tongue twister! It was great to read!
Karen
Feb 23, 2016 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun book, but I think I prefer Fox in Sox for Dr. Seuss tongue twisters.
Caroline Braun
Dec 09, 2014 Caroline Braun rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book but it gets really hard to read with all the tongue twisters.
Celestthebest
Mar 26, 2016 Celestthebest rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun tongue twisters for new readers to practice sounds with.
Jojo
Jan 15, 2015 Jojo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seuss is a classic and tongue twisters leave everyone laughing.
Milo
Feb 16, 2013 Milo rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Found it at the second hand store
"I like that there is a chef. He cooks fish."

I got this book at the second hand store. Mama bought it for me because I saw a copy of The Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss in my buddy's car. I really wanted that book. But, this book seemed to have rhymes like The Fox in Socks. Mama thought I would like it. She was right. I really liked the short tongue twisters. Papa read it to me a few times in the car on the way home. Rather than go into the store with Mama, I sat in the car with Papa to read it. That
Doug Warren
Eh, seems to be the most pointless Dr. Seuss book.
Amanda Lee
May 05, 2015 Amanda Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Your tongue will be knots trying to read this book.
Sep 12, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Again who can go wrong with some tongue twisters!
KarenMLISt
Mar 12, 2015 KarenMLISt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dr Seuss + tongue twisters = FUN!
  • The Nose Book
  • Oh say can you say di-no-saur?
  • The Bears' Vacation
  • Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good for You!
  • Sam and the Firefly
  • The Horse in Harry's Room
More about Dr. Seuss...

Beginner Books (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • Are You My Mother?
  • A Fish Out of Water (Beginner Books B-23)
  • Green Eggs and Ham
  • Bennett Cerf's Book of Riddles (Beginner Books)
  • Animal Riddles
  • Maybe You Should Fly a Jet! Maybe You Should Be a Vet!
  • My Book About Me by ME Myself