Start by marking “Six by Seuss: A Treasury of Dr. Seuss Classics” as Want to Read:
Six by Seuss: A Treasury of Dr. Seuss Classics

Six by Seuss: A Treasury of Dr. Seuss Classics

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  985 ratings  ·  33 reviews
DR SEUSS CLASSICS
Published January 1st 1991 by NY RANDOM HOUSE

To ask other readers questions about Six by Seuss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Six by Seuss

Mrswash

An old deserted town was once flourishing with life. The Once-ler tells a young boy of the Truffula Trees that was inhabited the Street of the Lifted Lorax. He was fine with his knitted Thneed, but then the Lorax appeared. A thriving business appeared but eventual collapse followed. The environment was destroyed. This is one of Dr. Seuss’s stories that I do love. It shows us how greed can destroy, and how the environment should be taken care of. The Lorax trees are beautiful. The illustrator sho...more
Robert
I picked this up early in my teaching career. There were a couple Dr. Seuss books here I had not read before. Dr. Seuss was a prolific writer. ;) What classics!

I enjoy this anthology as it is compact for six books. Of course, once I met my wife, we doubled all these books as she has the entire collection. One can never have too many Dr. Seuss books, however.
Ashley
This book took four months to finish after Alice became so fixated on "Horton Hatches the Egg" that any attempt to read any other story or book was met with a tantrum. She may have been jumping on my head and singing the alphabet song throughout the entire reading of the Lorax, the last story in the collection, but I just really needed to finish it. The only one we could not finish in a single sitting was the one about Bathalomew's hats. It's definitely a 2-night read. I love Seuss.
Matt Levy
Normally I would not use any of the books I read to my preschool class or read before I read to the class, but I am a few books behind on my goal for the year so I figured I'd give myself a little cheat. Any Dr. Seuss book is great to read to preschoolers and this has a bunch of stories I did not already own.
Skylar Burris
This contains a number of excellent selections in one volume -- Yertle the Turtle, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Lorax, Horton Hatches the Egg, The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, and And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street.

Yertle the Turtle was my favorite Seuss book as a child, but re-reading it tonight to my daughter, I had to wonder why. It's a cute, anti-tyranny story, but hardly his greatest. I will say, however, that re-reading How the Grinch Stole Christmas as an adult, I w...more
Kevin Shin
1. And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street
2. The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins
3. Horton Hatches the Egg
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
5. The Lorax
6. Yertle the Turtle
Dominick
An omnibus edition of And to Think that I Saw It on Mulberry Street, The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and The Lorax could hardly go wrong, and it doesn’t--though The Lorax is far from my favourite Seuss book, it's still a good one, and the rest are among his best.
Adam
Oct 05, 2008 Adam rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents
Shelves: kids
This is great fun to read with the kids (although my daughter usually falls asleep in the middle of 500 Hats). Reading it as an adult I have a new appreciation for not just the easy way that Seuss stories bring children to reading, but the poignancy of the stories themselves. The Lorax sticks with me in particular.
B
It's Dr. Seuss! What more can you say? Inspirational, appropriate and fun for any age.
April
Fantastic book for kids! So imaginative and creative. Easy read that children will find delightful!

Dr. Seuss is always brilliant! His stories and rhymes are fun and entertaining! Some of my all time favorites!! Such a great way to entertain children and get them interested in reading!
Charles
I don't think picking classics for these works is far off. These are some of Seuss's best loved stories, including "The 500 Hats," "The Lorax," "Yertle the Turtle," "Hortan Hatches the Egg," "And to Think that I saw it on Mulberrry Street," and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."
Bookstorequeer
I remember this as THE Dr Seuss book we had when I was a kid. The cover's cut because I was doing arts and crafts, the pages are worn because it's been read so many times. This is a book of memories and great stories. Thanks, Mr Geisel!
Ritzzy
I really enjoyed reading these Dr. Seuss stories, more than my daughter enjoyed listening. She loved her books, but this was more my favourite than hers. Giving me a copy for Christmas recently; we are both, (dare I say), much older. :)
Justy
If you are looking for a collection of stories that will keep your child interested this is it! My 4 yr old son will sit quietly and keep prompting me to read the whole book to him... if only my voice would last that long!!
Kyra
This was a very good book!! Dr. Seuss is a fantastic writer. My favorite stories are The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, Gertrude McFuzz, The Big Brag, and The Lorax. This is one of my favorite childhood books!!
Kelly
Great Seuss book. Six different stories like the Mulberry Street story and The Lorax. All ages love Dr. Seuss and you can easily incorporate math into any of these stories.Great for math and rhyming words!
Denise
Mostly bought this for Yertle and Lorax. It is nice to have several books in one collection, however, the individual hardbound stories stand up better to toddler and child thrashing.
Madonna
Seuss is delightful,rarely frightful, all around insightful, always bright and never dull! Six by Seuss gets you the best of the best. Completes any library, no matter the size.
Evan
A single-bound collection of six Seuss classics I read many years ago. But, hey, no harm in re-experiencing them with a new appreciation. I'll rate each separately....
Lauralee
Sep 13, 2008 Lauralee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Old and young alike
Shelves: ya-children
Dr. Seuss is always great. I love his rhythm and use of language (especially his inventiveness). I am reading the classics to my son and loving every minute of it.
Tina Hill
A wonderful addition to your library. Illustrations are full size, which makes it great for read alouds to children.
Beth
This was received as a Christmas present and Gabriel really likes the stories. His favorite is Horton the Elephant.
Rick
Classic Suess stories collected in one volume. I still love his work 40 years after first reading it.
Luizka
Yes, it's Seuss & yes, my kids outgrew it. I didn't! I actually know most of it by heart. It's wonderful!
Boston
I like Dr. Seuss, I can remember my parents reading it to me when I was younger.
Debbie ♪ ♫ ‼ ♫ ♪
Porter says:

Six by Seuss I liked very much. My mom got it when we were babies.
Anna
This book introduced me to Dr. Seuss. A wonderful collection of stories.
Sweetdhee
dapet di lapak Jatinegara
kondisi masih bagus banget!!
cm 30ribu!!
Rocco Julian
A very nice collection of some of the Dr. Seuss books.
Theresa
a collection of favorite seuss stories
Seuss Lovers: Six by Seuss 1 2 Dec 06, 2012 07:16PM
  • Oh say can you say di-no-saur?
  • Clifford's First School Day
  • Merry Christmas, Curious George
  • There's No Place Like Space: All About Our Solar System (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
  • Can You Tell Me How to Get to Sesame Street?
  • Angelina and Alice (Angelina Ballerina)
  • Dog Train: A Wild Ride on the Rock-and-Roll Side(Book and CD)
  • More Pies!
  • Dr. Seuss Goes to War: The World War II Editorial Cartoons of Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • Pancakes for Breakfast
  • The Gnome From Nome
  • Mary Engelbreit's Mother Goose: One Hundred Best-Loved Verses
  • I Want to Be Somebody New! (Beginner Books(R))
  • Dr. Seuss and Mr. Geisel
  • The Nose Book
  • Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother, Too?
  • Berenstains' A Book (Bright and Early Books for Beginning Beginners)
  • The Foolish Tortoise
Theodor Seuss Geisel was born 2 March 1904 in Springfield, MA. He graduated Dartmouth College in 1925, and proceeded on to Oxford University with the intent of acquiring a doctorate in literature. At Oxford he met Helen Palmer, who he wed in 1927. He returned from Europe in 1927, and began working for a magazine called Judge, the leading humor magazine in America at the time, submitting both carto...more
More about Dr. Seuss...
Green Eggs and Ham The Cat in the Hat How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Oh, The Places You'll Go! The Lorax