Start by marking “Charm!” as Want to Read:

Published February 1st 2008 by Kingswell

To ask other readers questions about Charm!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charm!

Kirk
May 15, 2008 Kirk rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: um, my mom?
This isn't my bag. It's a romance novel, and that's not my thing at all. The only reason I read it is because I watch "All My Children," and the book was "written" by one of the main characters, Kendall Hart. The whole book was also a promotional tool for the cheap tie-in perfume the show is peddling right now, which is fitting because now I feel like a tool for having read this.

The only thing that was remotely fun for me about this book was seeing the not-so-subtle connections to "All My Child
Michelle
Apr 29, 2008 Michelle rated it liked it
Kendall Hart
Fiction
263 pages
Copyright: 2008
isbn: 978-1-4013-0307-5

Harley Wilkins is in her prime: 30-years-old, living in Manhattan, and working tirelessly to make her cosmetics company, Flair, a success. As she works to introduce her first perfume, multitudes of complications begin to infiltrate Harley's life. Trying to get things done at work, she constantly has to play babysitter to her partner Parker, who is little more than a partying socialite who used her nepotism to get undeserved
Kristin
Jun 25, 2012 Kristin rated it it was ok
This book was boring. Now, I don't read other romance novels, so I didn't have anything to compare this to besides my occasional vampire smut book. But...it wasn't even sexy. Seriously, people. You get to "see" more on the show than was written about in this book. I didn't even get a little bit hot and bothered about anything in here.

It was boring and ridiculous. And if this is what all romance novels are like, I'm glad I don't read them. All these amazing things happened to the main character.
Howdy YAL
Little Known Fact About Me: I wanted to be a soap opera writer.

Okay, I am a huge ABC soaps fan and I used to really like All My Children till Charles Pratt started writing it and drove it off the air and I found One life to Live which was much better written (thanks Ron Carlivatii for giving renewing my faith in soaps). I bought this book as a bit of a joke. It was terrible. It has nothing to do with the show. Okay, so there was a love triangle that sort of had similar results to the character w
Rebecca
Aug 03, 2016 Rebecca rated it liked it
Several years ago the soap operas decided to tie in books with their shows. The idea was that a fictional character wrote a book, and I think fans enjoyed them. The most popular one was The Killing Club by "Marcie Walsh" on One Life to Live. I don't remember this book being anything other than a pool side or beach read. There really was a Charm! perfume that hit Walmart stores, though. Now that most of the soaps are long gone I think it's still fun to remember their hay day, books, and ...more
Kara
Jan 29, 2009 Kara rated it did not like it
So I decided to read this book because it was written by Kendall Hart(from All My Children) I love All My Children. But this book was TOO predictable. And we all know how far fetched soap operas are,Well this book is like 25 times more unrealistic than a soap..Total waste of time to read..The general idea of the book probably would have been an okay read if all the ridiculous drama didn't happen ever page. I know books need some, but seriously every page. Not a believable book at all!Don't waste ...more
Cindy Herdt
Jun 17, 2009 Cindy Herdt rated it really liked it
Which is really funny because Kendall Hart is not a real person. She's a character on All My Children. No where in the book does it list any other author. Too Funny. The book is right off the show. When Kendall was feeling down, she wrote "stuff" and for a "surprise" Greenley stole the manuscript and had it published. Charm is the perfume from their company ConFusion... on All My Children that is!
Tanja
May 13, 2009 Tanja rated it did not like it
I do not have a particularly high-brow taste when it comes to reading. I even admit to reading and liking romance novels; heck, I even have a favourite author or two. Plus, I've watched AMC since I was in the womb (not hyperbole). But this? This was bad. Predictable, boring, and not very well written. It was kind of like eating fast food: tastes alright while your eating it, goes down fast, but then you feel slightly sick afterwards, wondering why you ate something so bad for you.
Car
Poor Avery goes through too many relationships in this story. I thought it strange, though, that Avery was able to easily get boyfriends. From the descriptions of her past relationships, I thought she would be more wary of men and getting into relationships. I liked how the author portrayed Avery's strength and determination, and the way she dealt with Parker.
Kimberly Andersen
Sep 21, 2014 Kimberly Andersen rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I'm a huge hopeless romantic type of girl so books like this capture my eyes. I finished this book in 2 days and loved all the drama, romance and chaos. (Plus, I use to be an All My Children fan!)
Phyllis
Jan 23, 2016 Phyllis rated it did not like it
I am so disappointed with today 19s publishing firms having so many grammatical errors in their novels. This book was published by Hyperion and is full of errors. Doesn 19t anyone have any proofreaders these days?
Christy
Jan 01, 2009 Christy rated it liked it
I definitely over-anticipated this one! The cover is beautiful, the soap opera is one of the best on TV, but the book was just ... there. Typical chick lit, nothing exciting or extra here at all. Don't get me wrong... it wasn't BAD, exactly. It was just disappointing.
Diane
Aug 10, 2015 Diane rated it really liked it
You have to look at this for what it is. It's a cheesy chick lit book and on that level it succeeds. It's pretty low brow stuff but it's kind of like staying at a Motel 6 and complaining that it's not a Hilton. It is what it is. It's entirely predictable but for chick lit it was fine.
Sara
Aug 03, 2009 Sara added it
I'm a little embarassed to admit this, but I enjoyed this book that was written by a character on All My Children. It read very much like a soap opera, imagine that!
Anne C.
Mar 19, 2008 Anne C. rated it it was ok
Kendall Hart should keep her day job!

That being said, should Ms. Hart write a sequel, I'll be in line to read it!
Emily
Jun 14, 2008 Emily rated it liked it
It is a easy read and definatly a book for the beach. Very cute and kind of similar to the soap opera. But it was exciting to read and I enjoyed it all.
Kelly
Mar 09, 2009 Kelly rated it liked it
I picked this one up kinda as a joke with a friend.It was a quick easy read. Reminds me alot of the TV show. If you like the show you will probably like the book.
Shelby
Apr 25, 2015 Shelby rated it really liked it
I read this when I was in middle school and all three ABC soaps still aired back-to-back-to-back. This was a light, contemporary romance that was a quick read.
Morgan
Morgan rated it it was ok
Apr 23, 2012
Greg
Greg rated it did not like it
Nov 04, 2013
Tami Nelson
Tami Nelson rated it really liked it
May 21, 2013
Jill
Jill rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2010
Wendi Cole
Wendi Cole rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2012
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2010
Renee Corrigan
Renee Corrigan rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2012
Josh
Josh rated it did not like it
Jul 12, 2013
Debi Chandler
Debi Chandler rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2008
Gillian
Gillian rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2010
Leisa Gandolfo
Leisa Gandolfo rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2011
Taylor
Taylor rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Double Dare (Harlequin Blaze #324)
  • Tangled Memories
  • All My Life: A Memoir
  • Hot Rain
  • Zero Control
  • Come Toy with Me
  • Milky Way (Welcome to Tyler, #9)
  • Bachelor's Puzzle (Welcome to Tyler, #8)
  • Shiver And Spice (Harlequin Blaze #349)
  • Under The Influence (Harlequin Blaze #452)
  • Texas Heat (Harlequin Blaze, #491)
  • A Season for Grace
  • Crossroads (Welcome to Tyler, #10)
  • One Good Man (American Heroes: The Texas Rangers)  (Harlequin Blaze, #494)
  • The Billionaire Boss's Forbidden Mistress
  • The Mighty Quinns: Teague (The Mighty Quinns, #14)
  • Simpsons Comics Simpsorama
  • A Brevia Beginning
"Tune into All My Children these days, and you’ll learn that Kendall Hart, daughter of Erica Kane, has written a book published by Hyperion (both ABC and Hyperion are owned by Disney). And, sure enough, reality mirroring fiction, here’s that book, written by Kendall Hart. Those who watch the show know that despite the stress of running a cosmetics company, overseeing her son’s cochlear implant, ...more
More about Kendall Hart...