Start by marking “Poder del Espiritu Santo” as Want to Read:
Poder del Espiritu Santo

Poder del Espiritu Santo

4.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  70 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
To know the Holy Spirit is to know Him as an ever-present, loving Friend and mighty Helper. From the Scriptures, Spurgeon shows that the Holy Spirit wants to be our Comforter, Teacher, and mighty Advocate. The miraculous life the early Christians lived amazed the world and "turned it upside down." Today, many are experiencing the same healing, miracles, and other gifts of ...more
Published April 1st 2008 by Whitaker Distribution (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Poder del Espiritu Santo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Poder del Espiritu Santo

Ron
Dec 16, 2013 Ron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"To a great extent, this generation has gradually and almost imperceptibly become godless. Science has discovered second causes for us. Thus, many have forgotten the first great Cause--the Author of all. Even among professing Christians, while there is a great amount of religion, there is too little godliness." Those words were spoken over 130 years ago by Charles Haddon Spurgeon, hailed in England as the "Prince of Preachers." He spoke to a congregation of over 5000 every Sunday for decades, wi ...more
Thomas Fitzpatrick
This short book, compiled from some of Spurgeon's sermons may appeal to some ex-charismatics for its length and title looking for some hope that they can remain reformed yet "spirit led". It's not that. I'm afraid that the pursuit of the miraculous works of the Spirit in this book would cause some to miss the greater work of God the Holy Spirit in his people. The work of comforter, teacher and Christ exalter aren't the sparkling arena filling acts of God, rather the dreary miserable daily buildi ...more
Angie
Once again, I have been inspired by one of the greatest and godly men in history. Spurgeon reminds me from Scripture that to be known by the Spirit of God is an act of God's grace. I cherish what he wrote on page 107
"The law commands and makes us know what God requires of us, but the gospel goes further and inclines us to obey the will of the Lord. It also enables us to practically walk in His ways. Under the dominion of grace, "God worketh in you both to will and to act according to His good p
Ryan Rust
Jun 24, 2016 Ryan Rust rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always loved Spurgeon as a good reformed baptist would. This little book on select sermons on the Holy Spirit is quite refreshing. As always Spurgeon uses the English language exquisitely to convey the truths of God in his very unique style. After spending a little time in this book everyday for the past two weeks I can see a genuine difference in my life in acknowledging the work of the Holy Spirit and asking more of Him in my time in the word.
Phil Sessa
Mar 19, 2014 Phil Sessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The person of the Holy Spirit is often not thought about by many believers. This is a great work that keeps the ministry of the Spirit in biblical bounds, glorifying Christ The Lord. I would certainly recommend this book.
Yasmin Alberto
Jun 14, 2013 Yasmin Alberto marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
One of the best books I've read on the Holy Spirit. Charles Spurgeon really breaks down who the Holy Spirit is and what He can do in our lives if we allow Him too. I love his writing style and how real he is! This is the first Spurgeon book I've read, but definitely not the last. There's no "fluff" on this pages and I'm loving it! I have highlights and notes written all over it. Can't wait to finish it and read it again!!
Garrett
Aug 30, 2011 Garrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An insightful book that delves into the Holy Spirit's work in believers' lives. C.H. Spurgeon writes in a compelling way, urging the reader on every page to consider the beauty of the Spirit and yield to His promptings.
Gary B
Sep 24, 2011 Gary B rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
Difficult to read or understand in parts, but some very helpful and useful material in other parts by the same token. I hadn't read any of Spurgeon's writings before but would keep a lookout for more of his work.
Erik
Kinda difficult to understand due to the 19 century English. Nevertheless, I can see that Spurgeon attempts to enlighten people towards the role of the Holy Spirit in Christians.
Jamie Leeper
Nov 28, 2009 Jamie Leeper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good book. It is a deep look in the many attributes and works of the Holy Spirit. Would make a good bible study for older teens and adults!
Mavilinda
Jul 07, 2014 Mavilinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was very good. I really helped me to really understand the power of the Holy Spirit.
Luis
Dec 05, 2012 Luis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a real book about the REAL WORK of Holy SPirit in men's heart and life.
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Binta
Binta marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Marisol Garcia
Marisol Garcia is currently reading it
Jul 18, 2016
Ronda Kinnett
Ronda Kinnett rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Jessica Metzing
Jessica Metzing marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
David Murray
David Murray marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Michael David
Michael David rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Casey
Casey added it
Jun 15, 2016
Reed Stratton
Reed Stratton marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Garfield Danclar
Garfield Danclar marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
David Hedlund
David Hedlund rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Brian Ring
Brian Ring rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
James Nixon
James Nixon rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
  • The Mystery of the Holy Spirit
  • The Two Covenants
  • Summary of Christian Doctrine
  • The God Who Justifies
  • On the Anvil
  • The Doctrines of Grace: Rediscovering the Evangelical Gospel
  • The Day I Was Crucified
  • Strange Fire: The Danger of Offending the Holy Spirit with Counterfeit Worship
  • A God-Sized Vision: Revival Stories That Stretch and Stir
  • Systematic Theology
  • What's So Great about the Doctrines of Grace?
  • The Life God Blesses: The Secret of Enjoying God's Favor
  • The Good News We Almost Forgot: Rediscovering the Gospel in a 16th Century Catechism
  • Jonathan Edwards on True Christianity
  • Revival
  • The Distinctiveness of Baptist Covenant Theology
  • The Existence and Attributes of God
  • Pillars of Grace, AD 100–1564 (A Long Line of Godly Men, #2)
Charles Haddon Spurgeon (1834-92) was England's best-known preacher for most of the second half of the nineteenth century. In 1854, just four years after his conversion, Spurgeon, then only 20, became pastor of London's famed New Park Street Church (formerly pastored by the famous Baptist theologian John Gill). The congregation quickly outgrew their building, moved to Exeter Hall, then to Surrey M ...more
More about Charles Haddon Spurgeon...