Start by marking “Adventures of the Greek Heroes” as Want to Read:
Adventures of the Greek Heroes

Adventures of the Greek Heroes

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  79 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
The myths of six Greek heroes are told in a simple, straightforward style.
Published May 4th 1973 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1961)

Dayan Cruz
Nov 18, 2015 Dayan Cruz rated it it was amazing
Amazing book. Though most of the stories I already read about them. But there were new stories that I ha never hear of. My favorite part is that the format of the book is very interesting. Each chapter is different but it keeps going right after what had happened in the past chapter. I really recommend this book to Greek lovers. Also keep in mind that this book is pretty amazing and if you don't like it then try another book.
Nassir
Oct 24, 2014 Nassir added it
I think this book is good to read because it will help you to learn a lot of things. One of example I learn in this book to stop give up.
Savannah
Jan 04, 2014 Savannah rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
The Adventures of the Greek Heroes
I have really enjoyed this book filled with fun adventures of bravery. My favorite tales in this book are the stories about Theseus. Theseus showed great courage, strength, and wisdom. His father, Aegeus, buried his sword and magical shoes in the ground, and he put a giant rock over them. In order for his son to take these valuables, he would have to lift the heavy rock. When Theseus was born he worked hard throughout his life, and when he was older, he was abl
Kathryn Ruiz
Feb 04, 2016 Kathryn Ruiz rated it liked it
I love reading greek myths, so I enjoyed this book. The only thing I didn't like was that there was NO details or adjectives in this book . It was almost choppy. However, I still enjoyed this book. It had stories of Hercules and many other amazing heroes from Greek Mythology. I also believe that these stories are fun to read because of all the action in them. However, some these stories were pretty violent. But overall, I like this book and would recommend this book to people who love books abou ...more
Steven
Jul 28, 2015 Steven rated it liked it
Read this on vacation. Always fun to read the mythologies even if they're simplified and severely abridged."Hercules completed other trials, but that is another story," Really, I have time. Tell me some more. We stay at the same house every year. Going to shoot for the George Washington bio next year.
AxeL Juarez
Nov 02, 2015 AxeL Juarez rated it really liked it
This book is full of history. It talks about what greek did back in the old days. I love this book it is full adventure. I recommend this book who likes history.
Caroline
May 14, 2014 Caroline rated it it was ok
Some of the sentences were abrupt, and the stories weren't told in the best way they could have been told... Overall it was okay.
miaaa
Jul 23, 2015 miaaa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fictions-others
those days when bravery, valor, and wisdom differ heroes from mere human
Salo Beyer
Sep 06, 2015 Salo Beyer rated it it was amazing
Such a good book. I am now sooo into greek mythology!
Drake
Feb 20, 2015 Drake rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
bruh i thought we can read it on this cite.......... faq
Ingrid
Aug 10, 2013 Ingrid rated it liked it
An interesting and textual claim on the myths of six heroic Greekians, and might i say that some are the heirs to one of the most heirarchal leaders of mankind! It all starts with Zeus, a nefarious leader who robs mankind of one element he cannot sustain without; slowly the first hero starts a horde of things. one after the next (wild, exaggerated punishments). And the chain of destruction-saving through the onslaught of heroes continues. join the tales of brave and laborous Hercules, lyrical Or ...more
Saccheen Laing
Jul 30, 2015 Saccheen Laing rated it it was amazing
So magical
Joseph
Sep 13, 2007 Joseph rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
ok, this book was written for adolescents. and it's probably a really good book for those who are just beginning to learn english, but i liked it. i mean, what's not to like with greek mythology and tragedy? it was good to reread the stories of medusa. and finally understand who the argonauts were (again). this is a good book to scape the dust out of the corners of your mind for those old classes where you read mythology. i love this shit.
Amy
Aug 23, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joseph is all about heroes. He identified immediately with Perseus in the first stories but then found Hercules and his strength very attractive. Hmmm...hard to decide. This was an excellent reading level for him, going into 4th grade and at a 3rd grade level. He had good retention after reading these stories, too.
Adam Lockhart
Dec 09, 2011 Adam Lockhart rated it liked it
A simple introduction to some of the better known Greek Heroes. The storys are heavy on the high notes and light on details. It was a nice, quick read and will likely be a book that I encourage my 10 year old son to read next.
Ingrid
Apr 04, 2010 Ingrid rated it it was amazing
this adventurous story starts out with all the good and the bad greek gods and goddesses including medusa and zues,hercules and perseus, theseus and orpheus, and the argonauts including meleager
Kai Shen
Oct 02, 2013 Kai Shen rated it it was amazing
This book has many greek myths, for instance, Theseus and the Minotaur, The 12 labours of Hercules and many more. The myths are also shortened, but still gives you the important informations.
Lisa Kuhn
Apr 19, 2012 Lisa Kuhn rated it liked it
Some of the stories were a little different from other versions. Like for example, isn't Prometheus a Titan? And he gets his liver torn out by a vulture, right? Not in this book.
Eugenia Argerami
Joel
Joel added it
Feb 06, 2016
Norah
Norah rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Maria Ann
Maria Ann marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Natalie
Natalie rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Gabriellerh12
Gabriellerh12 rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Ellie
Ellie rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Seekers and Saviors (The Enchanted World Series)
  • Wizards and Witches (The Enchanted World Series)
  • The Greek Gods
  • Odysseus in the Serpent Maze (Young Heroes, #1)
  • The Gypsy Game (Game, #2)
  • Lateral Thinking Puzzlers
  • The Book of Goddesses
  • Ancient Egyptian Magic
  • Points of Departure
  • Egyptian Religion: Egyptian Ideas of the Future Life
  • Angels in Hell (Heroes in Hell, #7)
  • Return to Ithaca (Tales from the Odyssey, #5)
  • The Joy of Lex