Start by marking “Adventures of the Greek Heroes” as Want to Read:
Adventures of the Greek Heroes

Adventures of the Greek Heroes

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The myths of six Greek heroes are told in a simple, straightforward style.
Published May 4th 1973 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1961)

To ask other readers questions about Adventures of the Greek Heroes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adventures of the Greek Heroes

Nassir
Oct 24, 2014 Nassir added it
I think this book is good to read because it will help you to learn a lot of things. One of example I learn in this book to stop give up.
Savannah
The Adventures of the Greek Heroes
I have really enjoyed this book filled with fun adventures of bravery. My favorite tales in this book are the stories about Theseus. Theseus showed great courage, strength, and wisdom. His father, Aegeus, buried his sword and magical shoes in the ground, and he put a giant rock over them. In order for his son to take these valuables, he would have to lift the heavy rock. When Theseus was born he worked hard throughout his life, and when he was older, he was abl
Jes
Jan 02, 2014 Jes marked it as to-re-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
One of a handful of books that have survived since my childhood without being traded in for credit at a used bookstore or given to family members younger than me. I absolutely loved this book as a child, but remember feeling a little "bristly" at the names of some Roman gods interspersed with those well-loved Grecian gods and goddesses. I may re-read it in the future, just for fun. It was what sparked a lot of my interest in classical Greek literature in high school and now.
Caroline
Some of the sentences were abrupt, and the stories weren't told in the best way they could have been told... Overall it was okay.
Ingrid
An interesting and textual claim on the myths of six heroic Greekians, and might i say that some are the heirs to one of the most heirarchal leaders of mankind! It all starts with Zeus, a nefarious leader who robs mankind of one element he cannot sustain without; slowly the first hero starts a horde of things. one after the next (wild, exaggerated punishments). And the chain of destruction-saving through the onslaught of heroes continues. join the tales of brave and laborous Hercules, lyrical Or ...more
Joseph
Sep 13, 2007 Joseph rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
ok, this book was written for adolescents. and it's probably a really good book for those who are just beginning to learn english, but i liked it. i mean, what's not to like with greek mythology and tragedy? it was good to reread the stories of medusa. and finally understand who the argonauts were (again). this is a good book to scape the dust out of the corners of your mind for those old classes where you read mythology. i love this shit.
Amy
Joseph is all about heroes. He identified immediately with Perseus in the first stories but then found Hercules and his strength very attractive. Hmmm...hard to decide. This was an excellent reading level for him, going into 4th grade and at a 3rd grade level. He had good retention after reading these stories, too.
Adam Lockhart
A simple introduction to some of the better known Greek Heroes. The storys are heavy on the high notes and light on details. It was a nice, quick read and will likely be a book that I encourage my 10 year old son to read next.
Ingrid
this adventurous story starts out with all the good and the bad greek gods and goddesses including medusa and zues,hercules and perseus, theseus and orpheus, and the argonauts including meleager
Kai Shen
This book has many greek myths, for instance, Theseus and the Minotaur, The 12 labours of Hercules and many more. The myths are also shortened, but still gives you the important informations.
Lisa Kuhn
Some of the stories were a little different from other versions. Like for example, isn't Prometheus a Titan? And he gets his liver torn out by a vulture, right? Not in this book.
Jerry
Dec 08, 2010 Jerry added it
this book is fun
Fabian Gomez
Fabian Gomez marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Debby Gendron
Debby Gendron marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Saicos Creative
Saicos Creative marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
John
John marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Robin
Robin added it
Oct 04, 2014
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Naeem Akhter
Naeem Akhter marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Robert
Robert added it
Aug 04, 2014
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014