Start by marking “Adventures of the Greek Heroes” as Want to Read:
Adventures of the Greek Heroes

Adventures of the Greek Heroes

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The myths of six Greek heroes are told in a simple, straightforward style.
Published May 4th 1973 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1961)

Oct 24, 2014 Nassir added it
I think this book is good to read because it will help you to learn a lot of things. One of example I learn in this book to stop give up.
Jan 04, 2014 Savannah rated it 5 of 5 stars
The Adventures of the Greek Heroes
I have really enjoyed this book filled with fun adventures of bravery. My favorite tales in this book are the stories about Theseus. Theseus showed great courage, strength, and wisdom. His father, Aegeus, buried his sword and magical shoes in the ground, and he put a giant rock over them. In order for his son to take these valuables, he would have to lift the heavy rock. When Theseus was born he worked hard throughout his life, and when he was older, he was abl
Dayan Cruz
Amazing book. Though most of the stories I already read about them. But there were new stories that I ha never hear of. My favorite part is that the format of the book is very interesting. Each chapter is different but it keeps going right after what had happened in the past chapter. I really recommend this book to Greek lovers. Also keep in mind that this book is pretty amazing and if you don't like it then try another book.
Read this on vacation. Always fun to read the mythologies even if they're simplified and severely abridged."Hercules completed other trials, but that is another story," Really, I have time. Tell me some more. We stay at the same house every year. Going to shoot for the George Washington bio next year.
AxeL Juarez
This book is full of history. It talks about what greek did back in the old days. I love this book it is full adventure. I recommend this book who likes history.
Some of the sentences were abrupt, and the stories weren't told in the best way they could have been told... Overall it was okay.
those days when bravery, valor, and wisdom differ heroes from mere human
Salo Beyer
Such a good book. I am now sooo into greek mythology!
bruh i thought we can read it on this cite.......... faq
An interesting and textual claim on the myths of six heroic Greekians, and might i say that some are the heirs to one of the most heirarchal leaders of mankind! It all starts with Zeus, a nefarious leader who robs mankind of one element he cannot sustain without; slowly the first hero starts a horde of things. one after the next (wild, exaggerated punishments). And the chain of destruction-saving through the onslaught of heroes continues. join the tales of brave and laborous Hercules, lyrical Or ...more
Sep 13, 2007 Joseph rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
ok, this book was written for adolescents. and it's probably a really good book for those who are just beginning to learn english, but i liked it. i mean, what's not to like with greek mythology and tragedy? it was good to reread the stories of medusa. and finally understand who the argonauts were (again). this is a good book to scape the dust out of the corners of your mind for those old classes where you read mythology. i love this shit.
Joseph is all about heroes. He identified immediately with Perseus in the first stories but then found Hercules and his strength very attractive. Hmmm...hard to decide. This was an excellent reading level for him, going into 4th grade and at a 3rd grade level. He had good retention after reading these stories, too.
Adam Lockhart
A simple introduction to some of the better known Greek Heroes. The storys are heavy on the high notes and light on details. It was a nice, quick read and will likely be a book that I encourage my 10 year old son to read next.
this adventurous story starts out with all the good and the bad greek gods and goddesses including medusa and zues,hercules and perseus, theseus and orpheus, and the argonauts including meleager
Kai Shen
This book has many greek myths, for instance, Theseus and the Minotaur, The 12 labours of Hercules and many more. The myths are also shortened, but still gives you the important informations.
Lisa Kuhn
Some of the stories were a little different from other versions. Like for example, isn't Prometheus a Titan? And he gets his liver torn out by a vulture, right? Not in this book.
Dec 08, 2010 Jerry added it
this book is fun
Minna added it
Nov 23, 2015
Rachel marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Heidi added it
Oct 16, 2015
Aniyah Austin
Aniyah Austin marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Ila deleo
Ila deleo marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Angelina Lebron
Angelina Lebron marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Lulu Perez
Lulu Perez marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2015