Start by marking “Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James” as Want to Read:
Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James

Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James (Serendipity Scavenger Hunt #2)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The acclained author of Amber Brown Is Not a Crayon presents the sequel to Remember Me to Harold Square. Fourteen-year-old Kendra Kaye is visiting London with Frank Lee, the boy who stayed with her family last summer. She soon discovers that being in love and growing up are complicated, and she must trust her heart--and her parents--to lead the way.
Published October 1st 1995 by Berkley (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James

Crowinator
Remember Me to Harold Square was one of my favorite novels growing up. Imagine my surprise when I learned that I had lived the whole rest of my childhood without realizing there was a sequel. So I got it from the library and read it in an hour or so and remembered why I loved the first one. This one isn't as funny (or punny) and sort of fell apart a little at the end, but I still enjoyed the low-stakes relationship drama, Kendra's worrying and wit, and the dynamic between bratty lovable OK and h ...more
Alisalias
This book taught me the correct pronunciation of Thames.
Emmaco
I loved Remember me to Harold Square when I was young but only discovered this sequel recently! 15 year old Kendra returns in this book to go on a scavenger hunt in London. There are some family/boyfriend dramas, and jokes a plenty, but overall I admit I preferred the first book. Short but fun!
Halli Lauren
This was definitely a guilty pleasure. I read it in like 2 hours. Super dumb, but fun to read if you want to give your brain a break.
Cathy Houston
A Kids story but it reminded me of all the great sights in London that I would love to visit again.
Lisa Craig
I remember reading this when I was in middle school.

However, I struggled with remembering the title except that it contained "Thames"

All I remember that it was set in London, and a family set up a scavenger hunt all over London while a teenage girl struggles to find time with the guy she likes.

If I can remember those vague details even though the last time I read that book was 12 years ago, then it must have been a good book in a way.
Carol Hardesty
I think it was this book that made me want to travel to London. A lot of what I said about "Remember Me to Harold Square" is relevant here too, so I won't be repeating anything. I will say, however, that Ms. Danziger was just as capable of writing entertaining teen fiction as she was writing children's fiction.
Susan
Wow. Paula Danziger's books just get worse and worse. Her knowledge of teens is seriously dated. The predicaments in this book are trite and uninteresting.
Mariafernanda
I read this when I was like 12, good times :)
Juliet
I got some children's lit free, and this was from an author I remember reading, so thought I would read it. It was a nice story.
Stacey
How is there a sequel to one of my most-beloved 80s YA books, that I never read? I need to seek this out immediately.
Annalisa
Not as good as it's prequel "Remember Me To Harold Square" but still a great read.
Jase
Awful. "Poisonous Pedagogy"
Erin
Re-read April 2013.
michelle
10/21/06
Richa
Richa marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Reshma Cheriyan
Reshma Cheriyan marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
  • Amalia: Diary 2 (California Diaries, #9)
  • Classroom At The End Of The Hall
  • London Calling (Elizabeth, #2)
  • Twenty Pageants Later
  • Three Lives to Live
  • For the Love of Venice
  • The Zebra Wall
  • Werewolves Don't Run for President (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #49)
  • Zink
  • Jelly Belly
  • A Time Apart
  • The Case of the Baker Street Irregular
  • Desire Lines
  • Part of Me: Stories of a Louisiana Family
Born in Washington, D.C. and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since the second grade that she wanted to be a writer. Throughout her career, she wrote a collection of children's stories, including The Cat Ate my Gymsuit, The Divorce Express and, more recently, the Amber Brown series.
Danziger loved to travel and meet young kids all over the world. She was embraced by her audience for her abil
More about Paula Danziger...
The Cat Ate My Gymsuit Amber Brown Is Not a Crayon P.S. Longer Letter Later (Elizabeth and Tara*Starr, #1) Amber Brown Goes Fourth The Pistachio Prescription