Start by marking “Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James” as Want to Read:
Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James

Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James (Serendipity Scavenger Hunt #2)

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  177 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The acclained author of Amber Brown Is Not a Crayon presents the sequel to Remember Me to Harold Square. Fourteen-year-old Kendra Kaye is visiting London with Frank Lee, the boy who stayed with her family last summer. She soon discovers that being in love and growing up are complicated, and she must trust her heart--and her parents--to lead the way.
Published October 1st 1995 by Berkley (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thames Doesn't Rhyme with James

Crowinator
Remember Me to Harold Square was one of my favorite novels growing up. Imagine my surprise when I learned that I had lived the whole rest of my childhood without realizing there was a sequel. So I got it from the library and read it in an hour or so and remembered why I loved the first one. This one isn't as funny (or punny) and sort of fell apart a little at the end, but I still enjoyed the low-stakes relationship drama, Kendra's worrying and wit, and the dynamic between bratty lovable OK and h ...more
Alisalias
This book taught me the correct pronunciation of Thames.
Jordan
Nov 22, 2014 Jordan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read this book in a really long time. But I was privileged enough to get this book autographed by Paula Danziger herself. She came to visit my elementary school in the 4th grade. Her Amber Brown series was the first set up books I ever picked up on my own and read. I couldn't read until the 4th grade, so it was a big deal for me. After reading her books, I became an accelerated reader. The day she visited, she, my mother, and a few of the faculty went out to dinner. I thought that was ...more
Emmaco
Jun 23, 2008 Emmaco rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
I loved Remember me to Harold Square when I was young but only discovered this sequel recently! 15 year old Kendra returns in this book to go on a scavenger hunt in London. There are some family/boyfriend dramas, and jokes a plenty, but overall I admit I preferred the first book. Short but fun!
Cindy May
previewing it before I give it to my 10 year old niece. cute book and nice story, lots of mentions about attractions in London, so you learn a bit about them too. will give it to my niece soon.
Halli Lauren
This was definitely a guilty pleasure. I read it in like 2 hours. Super dumb, but fun to read if you want to give your brain a break.
Cathy Houston
A Kids story but it reminded me of all the great sights in London that I would love to visit again.
Lisa
Jun 02, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remember reading this when I was in middle school.

However, I struggled with remembering the title except that it contained "Thames"

All I remember that it was set in London, and a family set up a scavenger hunt all over London while a teenage girl struggles to find time with the guy she likes.

If I can remember those vague details even though the last time I read that book was 12 years ago, then it must have been a good book in a way.
Carol Hardesty
I think it was this book that made me want to travel to London. A lot of what I said about "Remember Me to Harold Square" is relevant here too, so I won't be repeating anything. I will say, however, that Ms. Danziger was just as capable of writing entertaining teen fiction as she was writing children's fiction.
Susan
Wow. Paula Danziger's books just get worse and worse. Her knowledge of teens is seriously dated. The predicaments in this book are trite and uninteresting.
Mariafernanda
I read this when I was like 12, good times :)
Juliet
Jan 15, 2010 Juliet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got some children's lit free, and this was from an author I remember reading, so thought I would read it. It was a nice story.
Stacey
How is there a sequel to one of my most-beloved 80s YA books, that I never read? I need to seek this out immediately.
Annalisa
May 01, 2008 Annalisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as it's prequel "Remember Me To Harold Square" but still a great read.
Jase
Re-read April 2013.
michelle
10/21/06
Katie Wuebker
Katie Wuebker marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
Alison
Alison added it
Feb 11, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
OtterlyinLove
OtterlyinLove rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Jae
Jae rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2016
Jaymi
Jaymi added it
Jan 23, 2016
Kirstin Duckett
Kirstin Duckett rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Kaethe
Kaethe marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
MLK Center
MLK Center marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
  • Sunny: Diary 1 (California Diaries, #2)
  • London Calling (Elizabeth, #2)
  • Desire Lines
  • Werewolves Don't Run for President (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #49)
  • The Moonlight Man
  • A Time Apart
  • Jelly Belly
  • The Case of the Baker Street Irregular
  • Three Lives to Live
Born in Washington, D.C. and raised in New York, Paula Danziger knew since the second grade that she wanted to be a writer. Throughout her career, she wrote a collection of children's stories, including The Cat Ate my Gymsuit, The Divorce Express and, more recently, the Amber Brown series.
Danziger loved to travel and meet young kids all over the world. She was embraced by her audience for her abil
More about Paula Danziger...

Serendipity Scavenger Hunt (2 books)
  • Remember Me to Harold Square