The Haunted Mansion, Volume One: Welcome, Foolish Mortals

The Haunted Mansion, Volume One: Welcome, Foolish Mortals

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Destined to be a highly sought-after item for Disney collectors, The Haunted Mansion Volume One: Welcome Foolish Mortals! collects stories from the first six issues of the comic book series based on the classic Disney attraction. Produced to resemble a tome that would be found on a shelf in the famous manse with an imitation leather, gold foil stamped cover and deckled edg...more
Published December 25th 2007 by SLG Publishing (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Haunted Mansion, Volume One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Haunted Mansion, Volume One

David

I love the Disney's Haunted Mansion, and all the various stories people come up to explain aspects of the ride or the little details around the ride and surrounding decor of the area- in all the disney parks where there IS such a ride, of course!

This book seemed to be a conglomeration of stories written by people who each had thier own concepts of the various characters or scenes inside the ride- for instance, one story explains the life (and untimely death and arrivel to the mansion) of the gho...more
Danielle Klassen
This is a delightful collection of stories from the cast of the Haunted Mansion, giving you little snippets of backgrounds and a sense of their antics. Some of the stories are better than others but some are really sweet and the artwork is great. Highly recommended.
Sarah Evans
A quirky set of stories about ghosts who are a part of Gracey Mansion. The stories range from funny to sweet to creepy. I would have loved this when I was around 10 years old. I also enjoyed being introduced to a variety of graphic artists.
Jessica Oban
Cute and sweet, but creepy at times. They're not actually the stories of the Haunted Mansion that I have had already heard, so that got me a little disappointed in the material. Still, an enchanting read.
Jeff Heimbuch
Of course I gave this 5 stars. I've been looking for it FOREVER, and found it super cheap (and new!) at a comic shop in Philly. It was fantastic!
Chelsy
Absolutely wonderful! An anthology of how some of the ghosts got to the "Haunted Mansion." To me this was the COOLEST find EVER!
Fang Mcgee
Like the Disney ride, the right mix of camp and horror, but the artists need to use an "exotic" font that's more legible.
Samra
Oct 11, 2011 Samra rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Haunted Mansion Disney fans
Shelves: library
Cute stories and art. very disney. interesting background stories for some of the ghosts in the ride.
Rachael Mcreynolds
Rachael Mcreynolds marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Elizabeth Elias
Elizabeth Elias marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Mansour Alex
Mansour Alex marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Missy
Missy marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Amanda Garcia
Amanda Garcia marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Tony
Tony marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
Allie
Allie added it
May 12, 2013
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2013
Dean
Dean marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2013
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Haunted Mansion #7 Haunted Mansion #6 The Secrets of Sarah Winchester The Griffin Haunted Mansion Volume 2: A Ghost Will Follow You Home