Start by marking “Lakota Love Song ” as Want to Read:
Lakota Love Song

Lakota Love Song

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  428 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
A DARING RESCUE

When Kaylee Matthews finds a wounded Lakota warrior on her family's property, she knows she must help him --- even though it means concealing him from her watchful stepfather. As she secretly tends to the stranger's injury, Kaylee feels a powerful attraction to this handsome, mysterious man --- one that opens her eyes to an entirely new destiny ...

A FORBIDDE
Published January 1st 2002 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Lakota Love Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lakota Love Song

Comanche Moon by Catherine AndersonDancing on Coals by Ellen O'ConnellReclaim My Heart by Donna FasanoEyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O'ConnellComanche Heart by Catherine Anderson
Best Native American Romance
53rd out of 269 books — 323 voters
Dazzled by Darkness by Erica MilesTalk Sweetly to Me by Courtney MilanMine Till Midnight by Lisa KleypasSeduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa KleypasWhat the Earl Desires by Aliyah Burke
Interracial Historical Romance
71st out of 148 books — 65 voters

More lists with this book...

MelissaB
Mar 28, 2010 MelissaB rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Native American/western romance fans who like sweeter romance
Kaylee Matthews is out riding with her friend Randy one day when she comes upon a wounded Indian. She cannot stand the thought of letting the Indian die, so she has the reluctant Randy help her take him to an abandoned cabin. The Indian has been shot a few times, so Kaylee gets her mother who knows about healing to help patch him up. She makes her mother promise not to tell her step-father because he doesn't like Indians and would probably kill him. As Kaylee helps the Indian recover, she feels ...more
Elise Wilson
Jan 26, 2011 Elise Wilson rated it really liked it
I thought this book was fairly engaging -- it did hold my attention until the end. I always like learning more about different cultures and this book gives a historical account of some Native American people/tribes. I also like the heroine, Kaylee a lot. Her character was well-developed and I could sense her love, dedication and compassion. While fictional the story is based on real life and it was heartbreaking to read of Blue Hawk's family and culture being stripped away due to violence and gr ...more
heather ♥
Oct 18, 2011 heather ♥ rated it liked it
A good story, though a few things did irk me a bit. Mostly the fact that Kaylee was taken into the Lakota lifestyle with no resistance by the indians whatsoever. Blue Hawk was protecting her sure, but you'd expect at least some unfriendly looks at least. Otherwise I thought the story was very sweet, if a bit fast between the two of them.
Chris
This is a good representation of Native American frontier on a mild, sweet way of telling old stories about red-skinned injuns. Everything about this book is retold in such a mellow, saccharine fashion which the readers can't help but sigh along the way and let their hearts be melted by the delicious, brave, Lakota warrior named Blue Hawk. There's not so much brutality, no rape, no explicit detailed scenes about war, or even the sex scenes are so sweet.

This is retold on the eyes of a girl in lov
Debra
Jun 20, 2013 Debra rated it it was amazing
Lakota Love Song (Paperback)
If you like Indian history, you will love this book. If you are looking for a quick "Handsome Indian Grabs Beautiful White Maiden", you might be disappointed.

This was a real love story about two people of different customs and races, and the difficulties they found trying to fit into either world. In this book, you find yourself pulling for one side and then the other, only to discover that there really is no right or wrong side.

I personally found the book fascinatin
Katrina Passick Lumsden
There was something refreshing but also off-putting about this book, and I'm still not sure what it was. I appreciated the absence of too much unnecessary melodrama and shrewish behavior from the heroine, and I liked that the hero was actually a nice guy while also being a warrior badass...but it didn't really have any emotional tug. It was sweet and a pleasant way to pass the time, and there are parts I wouldn't mind reading again, but it lacked that certain something that would make me rank it ...more
Lynsey
This started off quite promising, but unfortunately after a while I found that it didn't really hold my interest. It was very predictable and formulaic, plus I think the author tried to pack too much into it.
Maura
Jessica
Sep 20, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my favorite book in the world. its a good read.
Jenny
Feb 17, 2014 Jenny rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming heroic journey filled with love and the beginnings of an understanding of different people.
There are always two sides to a story. Young Kaylee was raised believing the Indians were savage and killed for the pleasure of it, but soon she learns it is not so. After saving Blue Hawk, she lives with his people and shares their pain and joy. Their people are accepting of her where her people shoot first and ask questions later. But the love these two share soon makes all the difference
pamsreading
Jan 02, 2016 pamsreading rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, romance
Okay, I thought we were were clear that I came out here to have fun reading ROMANCE GENRE expecting an easy instant HEA but I'm feeling so attacked right now. WELCOME BOOK HANGOVER which I'm having them double right now!

What the fuck am I crying

The thing is I thought I could get away with not reading something Little Bighorn or of Crazy Horse *cough the sequel of Hundred in the Hand cough* by reading a romance (which I thought it would give a secured HEA) set in that timeline instead because t

Malory
Dec 07, 2011 Malory rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-good
I don't know if I can describe in how many ways this story went wrong. To start, I didn't begin the book with the expectation that it was going to be a work of art and one of the greatest literature of all time. I did expect a cute story with interesting and lovable characters with a heavy romantic theme. What I received was...less than stellar.

The character's were very flat, not much to them. However, that wasn't the main crux of the story. The plot went way too fast. She found the injured Indi
Hermawati
cerita bermula saat Kaylee dan Randy, sepasang pria dan wanita kulit putih yang tengah berkuda dihutan secara tidak sengaja menemukan seorang lelaki Indian Lakota bernama Blue Hawk yang terluka dan tak sadarkan diri.

semula randy menolak untuk menolongnya, bahkan dia sempat bersikeras untuk membunuh lelaki indian tsb, namun usaha tsb dihalangi kaylee. akhirnya dengan berat hati dan tetap waspada ia terpaksa mengikuti kemauan teman wanitanya.

kemunculan Blue Hawk diareal ranch Double R bukan tanp
Maddux
I did not connect with these characters at all. I wasn't given a chance to.

I felt more for the heroine's mother and step-father than I did for the hero and heroine.

The ending turned out nice, but I skimmed to get to it.

2 stars from me, but don't let that deter you from enjoying.
Charlotte
Feb 02, 2014 Charlotte rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this book! From start to finish I was engrossed in it. I love how much effort Madeline Baker put into the book as far as Lakota history, values, their ways ect. Many authors would have just generalised the tribe as a typical Native American tribe. Not this author. Her style of writing is also just incredible.

The love story between Kaylee and Blue Hawk starts with her saving him from death, and in return, he kidnaps her. How adorable, right? They soon fall for each other and
Elizabeth
Mar 05, 2013 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Lakota Love Song is the first of its genre I've ever indulged in, but for the exceptional e-book price ($1.99), I felt adventurous enough to give it a try.

Baker does her homework and it shows in this book as she makes the effort to expose the reader to Lakota culture in a way that's interesting and enlightening. Her character, Blue Hawk, is brave, noble, amiable, and easy to fall in love with.

There was a lull in the middle of the book where the love scenes grew redundant and the pace slowed trem
Rachael
May 22, 2012 Rachael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually really liked this one :) this was my first madeline baker book that i had read but i was really impressed (and it makes me wanna read more of the NA book genres now)
i like the story .. and it seemed to flow really well .. i like the mix of action and adventure and the romance ... though wasnt heavy on the sex scenes was really lovely to read (and was enough to imagine)

the ending was a lil too quick and a lil too wrapped up for me but was nice when i read the epilogue
(wont say too m
Latia
Sep 15, 2015 Latia rated it it was amazing
loved, loved this book
Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide
Classic historical romance. Good story, sweet and mushy type romance that I really enjoyed.
Macie
Sep 14, 2013 Macie rated it it was amazing
i thought is was a masterpiece it was beautiful and i couldn't put it down
Splage
Nov 25, 2011 Splage marked it as wish-list
December Book of the Month Read for Western/Medieval Group
Amanda
Aug 30, 2011 Amanda rated it it was ok
Shelves:
Having a hard time staying interested in this book.
Julia
Apr 29, 2013 Julia rated it really liked it
This was a fun read and nothing too serious.
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Alexa81
Alexa81 marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Kalesi
Kalesi rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
Barbara Mandrisch
Barbara Mandrisch is currently reading it
May 19, 2016
Andrea Harris
Andrea Harris marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
  • Beloved Savage
  • Cheyenne Song
  • Too Tough to Tame (Tough Man, #1)
  • Savage Autumn
  • Night Flame
  • Shadow Walker (Flame Set, #2)
  • Cherokee Storm
  • Savage Obsession (Chippewa, #1)
  • Texas Splendor
  • Savage Heat
  • Night Thunder's Bride
  • Indigo Blue (Comanche, #3)
  • T'on Ma
  • Dancing on Coals
Madeline Ruth was born on 1963 in California, where she raised. She married her high school sweetheart and they have three sons, all handsome enough to be cover models. Growing up, her favorite pastimes were going to the movies and going horseback riding on Saturday mornings at Griffith Park. Madeline has always been "horse happy." A horse was the one thing she asked for on every birthday and ever ...more
More about Madeline Baker...