The Weeping Chamber
read ebook* *Different edition

The Weeping Chamber

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  184 ratings  ·  20 reviews
He was called The Teacher. Some said he could restore maimed limbs with a simple touch, that he had even raised the dead. Others called him a fraud, a magician.
He was maniac. Or Messiah.
Hated. Adulated.
A man of infinite mystery. One who might lead a rebellion against a world empire. Or destroy hundreds of genertions of established religion. Or both.
He was a man with one...more
Published March 2nd 1998 by W Publishing Group (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Weeping Chamber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Weeping Chamber

Anne Baxter Campbell
This is one book I love to read every year, beginning on Palm Sunday. The reason for the beginning date is obvious as you get into the book--that's when Chapter 1 begins. And you aren't you far into the book before you realize that the main character, Simeon, is intending to kill himself. He blames himself for the death of his only son and severe injury of his daughter, Vashti, in a disasterous fire in Cyrene. He's certain his beloved wife and daughter also blame him and hate him.
As he goes thr...more
Lisa Rathbun
This is a well-told story of two men: one seeking forgiveness and the other Jesus Himself. The case put forward by C.S. Lewis is reiterated here: either Jesus was a lunatic or He is Lord. If you've read lots of books about Christ (fiction & nonfiction both), you may find the story drawn out a little long with the many scenes taken straight from Scripture, but for those who aren't as familiar with Jesus, what He said, and what He was like, the scenes are compelling as Jesus is presented as co...more
Jamie
A very enjoyable read. Emotional, thought-provoking I was surprised at how much I enjoyed reading this book. I usually do not like history inspired books, but wow, this one was special.
Kimberly
This is a book that will stick with you long after you read it. (Isn't that the definition of a truly Good Book?) I loved reading it and will keep it on the shelf and read it every year leading up to Easter Sunday.
Val
An amazing book of a very familiar story.
Kairo Kimende
It took me seven (7) years to finish this book, LITERALLY. It was rich and entertaining when I started it in 2005, but that was high school. Finishing it today in 2013, I cant tell whether I liked it for its story or for my pursuit of Christianity. All the same I like its way of transporting you to a world you would never imagine in this day and time. It brings the realness of those days and answers many questions about the conceptions of the people who just had to kill him.
Jessica
I was profoundly moved many times during the parts of the book relating to Jesus. He is portrayed as irresistable; full of captivating love and endless compassion for sinners. The historical details and evident Biblical research are admirable; more than once I found myself arrested by some part of Jesus' last week on earth or his life history that I had never before considered.
Melissa
It took a little while to get into this book but once you get into it it is a good read. There were times when I wasn't sure I would enjoy it but I kept reading it because I wanted to see where the author was going with the story. By the end of the book I really liked the overall story and how it was all put together.
Brian
It is always interesting to read a novelized version of an historical event. We know the facts but wonder about the human interaction. Different perspectives of the events we know
This book does a good job of imagining and remembering. A good read to get in the Easter spirit.
Richard
A woderful book every person alive should read. This book is a wnderful reminder of the power of
Jesus and the wonderful gifts to us, especially when we are not expecting to recieve any miracles... sit stars out of five!!!
Sarah Honkanen
It took me a while to get into this book, but the idea of it, made me stick with it.
Still, my most favorite S.Brouwer book by far is "the Leper."
Marymary
Easy to read fictional story of Simeon and how he comes to carry the cross of Jesus. Made we dig a little deeper in the story and find out more.
Gail Allen
Excellent book about the events leading up to the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Very well written and easy to follow.
Michelle
the story of Simeon the tanner, but also tells the story of Christ's final days on earth
Celticsiren
Picked this up at the church library to read in honour of Holy Week.

BEAUTIFUL......
Shari
A bit of a slow start, but I really enjoyed this book once I got into it.
Rick
Read it around Easter in 2000. A good read for the season.
Cindy
Wow! I think I will read this EVERY year before Easter.
Eleisha Luck
Jul 29, 2007 Eleisha Luck rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
An amazing book about the man who helped carry Jesus' cross
Jamie
Nita gave me to read before Eastertime.
Julie Drucker
Julie Drucker marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Dini
Dini marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Melody Phillips
Melody Phillips marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Sigmund is married to songwriter recording artist Cindy Morgan. The couple and their two young daughters divide their time between Red Deer, Alberta and Nashville, Tennessee. He loves going to schools to get kids excited about reading, reaching roughly 80,000 students a year through his Rock&Roll Literacy Show.
More about Sigmund Brouwer...
Wings of Dawn Broken Angel (Caitlyn Brown, #1) Devil's Pass (Seven, #6) The Canary List Oxygen Level Zero (Mars Diaries, #1)