Start by marking “I Love You All Day Long” as Want to Read:
I Love You All Day Long

I Love You All Day Long

Owen's anxious question prompts this heartwarming, comforting tale of how a parent's love stays with a child whether they are together or apart -- all day long.
Published December 14th 2004 by HarperCollins (first published December 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about I Love You All Day Long, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You All Day Long

Kristen
Sep 14, 2009 Kristen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
wonderful back to school (or preschool or daycare) book! I picked it up at the library this week and the boys just love it! I think they enjoy reading that no matter where they are "I love them all day long" and no matter what they do good or bad, "I love them all day long".
Tricia
Jul 06, 2008 Tricia rated it liked it
reassuring story of a little boy whose mommy loves him all the time, especially when he is at school, doing all sorts of things that children do at school.
Anica
May 01, 2008 Anica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This book helped me realize that I love my children no matter what they do, good or bad. I think it also helps children realize that no matter what they do their parents love them.
Michelle Sebly
May 30, 2008 Michelle Sebly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: working parents
* spending days apart, daycare, school, etc.
Debra Lovett
another great first day of school book!
Maileigh
Oct 25, 2012 Maileigh rated it really liked it
A favorite for anytime, but particularly when starting to go through separation milestones (daycare/school/parent return to work). The main character is worried about being separated from his mother when he goes to school, and is reassured that her love continues even if she is not there and no matter what is going on in his day (good or bad).
Marielle
Nov 03, 2012 Marielle rated it it was amazing
I helped my 2nd grader niece to do a book report about this and I can say that I love it!
Owen's mom is just so sweet that she always tells him I love you. This is a perfect example that
a mother's love is really unconditional. You don't need to impress them with every single thing you do
because being you is what mother's always love. :))))
Chrystal Phillips
Another fabulous book that will be perfect for our first week of school next year! I love how this story really sends the message that no matter what you are doing or where mom and dad may be, their love goes on and on!
Sephire
Mar 12, 2010 Sephire rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a cute book! It is about a little pig that does not want to leave his mother and go to school. But his mom reassures him that she loves him all day even when she is not with him. Which makes him feel so much better.
Sha-Quita Jordan
Feb 10, 2011 Sha-Quita Jordan rated it it was amazing
Owen does not want to go to school, so he ask "If he can stay home?" She responds, "No, but remember I love you when we are together and when we are apart!" This book would help students understand that when they are at school and not with their parent/guardian, they are still loved!
Hannah
Jun 22, 2011 Hannah rated it it was amazing
I read this to my younger brother tonight, and loved loved loved it! It is so adorable and almost made me tear up a bit. It's amazing that you can read so many great books, but it's the simple and wonderful messages of books like these that really touch your heart. :)
Meadow
Feb 08, 2010 Meadow rated it it was ok
Shelves: kid-lit
It was okay, but the story didn't flow well. Hazel did not ask for it to be re-read, which means she didn't much care for it either.
Rebecca Dean
This is a good book to read to a preschool class. This story could help a child who is having problems being seperated from a parent all day.
Christina Davis
Didn't really dig this book. Mom and child are imitated by pigs. THe child pig asks his mother if she would love him/her if she did all of these crazy..
krym
Oct 07, 2014 krym rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
Aside from the very beautiful illustrations, I love the book simply because it teaches good manners. This can also be a very nice springboard for the mother curriculum.
Tami Bedenis
Tami Bedenis rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2016
Darla
Jul 03, 2014 Darla rated it really liked it
Shelves: story-time
Simple. Full of love. Ready for preschool and leaving mom for the day.
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2014
sangmi lee
sangmi lee rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2016
Gill
Gill rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2015
Camilla
Camilla rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2008
Tracey Peer
Tracey Peer rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2014
YU LIUYANG
YU LIUYANG rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Apr 15, 2009
Shayla Drumm
Shayla Drumm rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2015
Janine Weston
Janine Weston rated it it was ok
Jun 30, 2010
Isabelle Zierenberg
Isabelle Zierenberg rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2009
Susan Allers
Susan Allers rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2016
Henry Herz
Henry Herz rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Miss Bindergarten Stays Home from Kindergarten
  • I Love You Like Crazy Cakes
  • Love and Kisses
  • Don't You Feel Well, Sam?
  • Willy and Hugh
  • Charlie Anderson
  • In the Forest
  • Cinderella
  • Kiss Kiss! (Mini Edition)
  • Every Friday