Start by marking “The Other Sister” as Want to Read:
The Other Sister

The Other Sister

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  19 reviews
No longer the only daughter and the 'smart one' in the family, Josey struggles to accept her infuriatingly friendly, witty and talented older sister. But feelings of betrayal and jealousy threaten to boil over when she learns that Audrey is on her way to becoming a psychologist, Josey's life goal.
Published March 8th 2007 by Flux (first published March 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Other Sister, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Other Sister

oliviasbooks
May 30, 2010 oliviasbooks rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who love good ya but do not miss romance when it is not on the menue.
This story told in the voice of fifteen-year-old Josey Muller, only daughter, but middle-child of a set of three, narrates the rare case of a couple who had been pushed to give up their baby for adoption, when they were still high-school-students and stayed together against all odds to start a family later on.

Josey's parents cannot believe their luck, when Audrey at the age of 25 contacts them via the adoption agency in order to get to know her birth mother and is suprised by being presented a
laaaaames
I should have loved this book because I am a nut for fiction about discovered family members. HUGE NUT. I have been eager to read this book since discovering its existence, so it was huuuugely disappointing not to like it.

My main problem with this book was the voice, which felt about three years younger than it was supposed to. Every time I realized Josey was supposed to be almost sixteen I had to kind of shake my head and force myself to believe it. I couldn't find much that was authentic there
Jamie Diehr
Nov 09, 2007 Jamie Diehr rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teenagers
IS A GOOD BOOK =]
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

Everyone hopes that they have a normal family with very little or no secrets among them, and for Josey Muller, it seemed like she had that life. She had a mother and father who loved her and two brothers who, although they can sometimes drive her crazy, care for her, too. But then Josey's life turns upside down when her parents tell her that her brothers aren't the only siblings that Josey has.

Josey also has a much older siste
Ian Wood
This is the complete review http://ianwoodnovellum.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-other-sister-by-st-underdahl.htmlas it appears on my blog. Any links which may be in the blog review are not reproduced here.

Note: Mild spoilers!

Susan Thompson Underdahl is a psychologist who has experienced the very story she relates in this novel, and relate she does. I don't know how much of it is fiction and how much is actual memory, but I do know this was a novel I read through from cover to cover in one sitting, a
Tan
Originally reviewed - 5/20/08

I'm always up for a good story about someone who was adopted and finds their family. But S.T. Underdahl, who was adopted and found her family, takes a different approach and tells this story from the other sibling's POV. By doing so she gives readers a chance to see how an adopted child re-entering the lives of the family they never knew effects the way siblings may feel about the new development and an effective way to deal with it. I for one would have loved to hea
Hana
This was a great, quick read. :)
Yolanda
I really enjoyed this book. It was a serious subject but it wasn't a heavy read. The point of view of the main character, Josey, was pretty realistic. I wouldn't necessarily say that this book would by any means help someone who is going through this type of a situation, but I would say that this would be a good book for anyone who wanted to read something of a more serious nature.
Hatsune Miku
The other sister is a great novel. The story takes place in modern day society, when a girl finds out that she has an older sister, that was given up for adoption, before she was born. And funny thing, they look just alike!!! So if you want to read a book, filled with action, and real life situations, read The other Sister, by S.T. Underdhal.
WCPL Teens
Josey is a typical teenager living a typical life, until she finds out that her parents had a child when they were teenagers and had to give her up for adoption. When the child contacts Josey's mother, a reunion is planned, but Josey feels like she's been displaced. Will she learn to accept her new older sister?
Heav
This was a really great book about a sisters reunion to her family and other siblings. I really enjoyed how the story was told and the perspective. I also like how there was also a sub plot and not just this one main plot about Audrey and Josey. Great book.
Lynne Spreen
Young adult fiction isn't my thing but I enjoyed reading this and Underdahl's other book, Remember This. I especially enjoyed the author's sense of humor, and she does tension well. Also the pace was just right. A good read.
Stephanie A.
Sweet story about family. She knows how to write a quality YA tale without being stupid and/or gross.
Kaitlin
Wow! I was so amazed about this story, it made me feel so amazed about the situation.
Tracy Jacobs
Absolutely loved this book. Couldn't put it down. Must read.
Caitlyn Bianco
This book was very good. Definitely one of my favorites.
Michelle Truong
Meeting a new sister..wonder what that is like.
Kiki
couldnt even finish reading it
Dhwani
based on a true story.
Willow
Willow marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Katerina
Katerina marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Lydia Naylor
Lydia Naylor marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Genoa
Genoa marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Tia
Tia is currently reading it
Nov 07, 2014
Tomna
Tomna marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
  • Not Like You
  • Eighth-Grade Superzero
  • The Me Nobody Knew: A Story of Triumph for All Girls (Single Titles)
  • Burn
  • Girl Stays in the Picture (Girl, #1)
  • Losing Forever
  • Believing (Lily Dale, #2)
  • Local Girls (Island Summer, #1)
  • Revolution Is Not a Dinner Party
  • Dear Zoe
  • Forgotten: Seventeen and Homeless (Secrets, #1)
  • The Star Shack
  • 24 Girls in 7 Days
  • One True Theory of Love
  • Looking for JJ (Jennifer Jones, #1)
  • Plus
  • Sacrifice (Crave, #2)
  • Cathy's Ring (Cathy Vickers Trilogy, #3)
Full name: Susan Thompson Underdahl
Occupation: Writer, neuropsychologist, mom of six
More about S.T. Underdahl...
Remember This No Man's Land Summer on Lake Tulaby The Other Sister