Start by marking “The One (Halo, #2)” as Want to Read:
The One (Halo, #2)

The One (Halo #2)

Avery Scott is a hopeless romantic, the complete opposite of his best friend, Easton. For most of his life, he’s been searching for that someone special to spend the rest of his life with. The problem is, he’s had nothing but bad first dates with crazy women he’s met online or at his bar, Halo. When he hears about a singles cruise, his plan is to meet a lot of single ...more
Published (first published October 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One

Kimberly
Nov 01, 2015 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
*Sigh*...two words...Avery Scott! ;)
Kristi
Oct 19, 2014 Kristi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The One by Kimberly Knight is book two in The Halo series. While book one focuses on Brooke and Easton, book two looks at the relationship between their best friends, Nicole and Avery.

Much of the book follows the same outline of book one, but from Nicole and Avery’s points of views, it’s their story. Nicole is looking for a serious boyfriend, she’s ready to commit. Avery is tired of one night stands and is ready to settle down, get married and begin a family. Both are looking for THE ONE. When
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Overall Rating: 4.5 Rockin’

Kimberly Knight portrays a love at first sight relationship in this intriguing novel. Both Avery and Nicole are from different worlds but both are looking for love that lasts a lifetime. They both decide to drag their best friends on a singles cruise in the hopes of finding the one. Avery is drawn to Nicole inexplicably. He can't take his eyes off her. Nicole feels the same powerful draw that he does. They fall down the proverbial rabbit hole together.

Soon they find o
Kami Dodson-Perry
Nicole & Avery

Nicole is tired of the men in her life. She needs a change of scenery. Nicole tricks her Best Friend Brooke into a singles cruise (even though Brooke has a boyfriend, Nicole dislikes her boyfriend).

Brooke goes with Nicole on the cruise and they both end up meeting the loves of their lives. Brooke needs to leave her loser boyfriend Jared and realize her feelings for Easton but that was all in Tattooed Dots - Book #1 of the Halo Series.

Nicole and Avery fall for each other instant
Christina
Dec 31, 2014 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed-2014
The One begins right about the same place that Tattooed Dots starts, with the exception that it is told from Avery and Nicole’s points of view. The two couples meet when they all take the singles cruise to Mexico, and where Brooke and Easton’s romance didn’t start until they had returned from the cruise, Avery and Nicole’s begins right away.

Avery and Nicole’s romance is certainly a whirlwind one, from just meeting to professing their love to each other in under a week, but that doesn’t mean it i
Sanne Heremans
Oct 21, 2014 Sanne Heremans rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
*** ARC provided in exchange for an honest review ~ Sanne - Scandalous Book Blog***

In this book we get to know more of Avery and Nicole, our previous leads best friends.

While Brooke and Easton's love grew more graduately, Nicole and Avery's was more like wham bam thank you ma'm. They fell for one another literally in a blink of an eye and wouldn't let go of each other ever again.

One the cruise they spent every second together and although it was a whole lot of sexy time you felt that they had a
Brandi Flanagan
Oct 13, 2014 Brandi Flanagan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say.. Kimberly has done it again!! I love Avery and his want for love!! He loves fiercely. This was another case of CANT PUT THE BOOK DOWN!!
Avery and Nicole have something that is undeniable but it doesn't mean it's any easier. You will laugh and cry and maybe even want to throw something..
I can not wait for more!!!
Beverly Quigley
Oct 09, 2014 Beverly Quigley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love The Halo books both books have been wonderful. I have laughed and cried...I can't wait for the rest of the series to come out....This is must read series!!!!! I'm so glad I got an ARC thank you Kimberly Knight!!!!
Page Turning Book Junkie
Oct 23, 2014 Page Turning Book Junkie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
*Provided copy for honest review* For your next fix-->http://www.pageturningbookjunkie.blog...

4 out of 5 Emotional, Passion-filled, Finding The One Stars!

This second book was a fantastic addition to this series. This one tells the story of Nicole and Avery, which were the best friends of Ethan and Brooke who we met in the first book. They all met on the same couples cruise, but Nicole and Avery instantly embraced their connection. They hopped right into each others beds and the fireworks were
Denise Van plew
Oct 14, 2014 Denise Van plew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first time in reading this author and by jove so glad I did. This is one of those books that intrigue you from the start because of the characters themselves that suck you in as they dialogue. Nicole has a personality that is quite charming but a woman who knows what she wants and is learning from what she had that did not work. When she is come to the conclusion that she is most definitely tired of being alone she is on a mission to find the one no more messing around (hopefully). ...more
K3
Oct 19, 2014 K3 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Tattooed Dots we got Easton and Brooke’s story and now we get Avery and Nicole’s story.

I knew what it was, what he was feeling. It was the same thing I was feeling for Nicole, but I couldn’t describe it either. It was instant. It was electric. It was magnetic. It was…f#@king awesome.

Tired of the single life, Avery is looking for “the one”. He is tired of the crazy chicks, one night stands and woman who do nothing for him mentally. The answer to his problem is to go on a singles cruise. The cr
Holly Price
Oct 20, 2014 Holly Price rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
The author did a great job with the synopsis, so I won’t go into any more detail. I would probably end up giving parts of the story away and really you just need to read this one for yourself. I’ll just tell you my thoughts on this one.

This is book 2 in the Halo series. I didn’t even realize that until it was time to do my review, so obviously you don’t have to read book 1 in the series to follow along. I will tell you that now that I have read The One, I will definitely be going back to read Ta
Im_so_indie_books
Oct 22, 2014 Im_so_indie_books rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tour, arc
*I have received an ARC for an honest review*
The One is Book Two in The Halo Series. Nicole is this loving person who has pretty crappy luck with finding available good men. Avery is a romantic at heart waiting for The One. Both have crazy chemistry between the two and in the second installment of the Halo Series, we finally get to hear their side of it. The One stays in the same time line as Tattooed Dots, but we get what we’ve all been dying to know… Nicole and Avery’s POV of their love whirl
Kim from My One True Obsession Book Blog
Oh Wow, what an emotional story. After reading Tattooed Dots I knew that Nicole and Avery’s story would be a good one and I was right. The story starts at the same place as Tattooed Dots, and its great how Kimberly is able to recreate the story from different character perspectives, but you don’t feel like you’re ready the same story again (if that makes sense).

Avery, is so sweet! I love him, he is a hopeless romantic that wants to find the one person that he will spend the rest of his life with
Stacy
Oct 11, 2014 Stacy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I was lucky & honored to be on Kimberly's beta reading team for this book and also given an ARC of the finished book for an honest review.

This is the second book of the Halo series. It is Nicole and Avery's story. It still has the favorite characters from the first book Tattooed Dots. After all Easton and Brooke are Nicole and Avery's best friends. If you read Tattooed Dots and you feel in love with Easton then let me tell you Avery is going to steal your heart away. He is just so sweet and
Monique Machuca-Austin
THE ONE is Kimberly Knight’s second novel in the Halo series, the story of Nicole Chambers and Avery Scott. Even though THE ONE could be read as a standalone novel, once you have read Kimberley Knight talented writing you will be immediately become a fan just as I have become with her ability to immerse me emotionally in the characters.

Nicole is tired of being alone, so she makes plans to take a single cruise vacation for a week in hopes to find ‘the one’. In addition, she is also using the crui
Chicks Looking For A Book Fix
This is one sweet read. You will smile, cry, and then smile some more. This is book two in The Halo Series, but you do not need to read book one in order to read this one. This book is told in dual POVs which I loved, because you will be able to feel all the emotions these characters are experiencing. This is Nicole and Avery's story.

Nicole and Avery are looking for their soul-mates...the one. Nicole hasn't had much luck on finding the right man so she believes a singles cruise could be just wha
Shanoff Reads
Oct 21, 2014 Shanoff Reads rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 out of 5 STARS

**I received an ARC from the Author for an honest review.**

This is my first book by this author. I know that it is recommended to read Tattooed Dots (Halo #1) but I was not lost at all while reading, although it does make me extremely curious and now I want to read book 1 when I have time.

This book is a sweet, funny and SEXY read. I LOVE the leading male character Avery and I also love his best friend Easton. (Another reason to read book 1) Avery is an honest character and I lov
Em The
Oct 20, 2014 Em The rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kimberly has done it again - yet another five star read for me and from the moment I picked up the book I was hooked.

Nicole and Avery were introduced to us and we first meet them and their fledgling romance on the cruise that we experienced in Tattooed Dots. But Avery "Mr Romance" himself is a man on a serious love mission and both Avery and Nicole fall at each others feet in a huge hot flurry of romance. As fast paced as their relationship becomes, it is still hot and fiery romance that will se
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.25 Stars!

I really enjoyed this book! This is the second book in a new series by the talented Kimberly Knight. This book is about finding your true love, overcoming obstacles, and trying to learn to have faith again. This book was beautifully written. I was smiling, laughing, and crying right along with the characters. You could feel the emotion pouring off of the pages.

This is Nicole and Avery's story. When you meet the one you know is your soul mate, what do you do? Do you grab the opportunit
Becky Carter Nichols
Reviewed for Stories and Swag

I was really excited to be part of this release.. Tattooed Dots (The Halo Series book 1) is easily one of my favorite books and The One was a great follow up! It is an emotionally charge book that was a joy reading =)

The One is the story of of Avery and Nicole, the best friends of Easton and Brooke from Tattooed Dots. They all met on the same Singles cruise but this is nowhere near the same story from Book 1. Reading how they met from their POV was wonderful.

The che
Helena Bookhooked
This book is a brilliant companion novel to Tattooed Dots. We get glimpse into the the relationship between Avery and Nicole during that book and I was excited to read their story. I was a little apprehensive when starting this as it runs along the same timeline as Brooke and Easton's story for the first 50% of the story which could be seen as repetitive but Kimberly brought these characters into their own and I loved to read of their antics and exploits whilst at sea.

I really enjoyed the dual P
Sassy Lit Chic Reviews
The One is a first-rate story of two single people, Nicole and Avery, who are both ready to settle down and are looking for “the One”. They meet on a singles cruise, and their attraction is instantaneous. By the end of the seven day cruise they both feel that they are in love, but don’t say the word (Because falling in love with “the One” in seven days is crazy, right?). Instead they agree to see each other on the weekend and start a long distance relationship. In six short weeks this couple ...more
Lisa
Oct 22, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give this a 5put of 5 Ravishing stars.
This is one amazing story about love, loss, and true love. It will tear at the heart strings and yet make you want to scream.
Avery and Nicole went on the same cruise as Brooke and East on had. Things between them start out at a very fast pace. Avery was looking for "the one " when he went one the cruise. He figured he would meet plenty of women and do who knows what with them but once it got a good look at Nicole that was it.
Nicole was always a independent
Sweets Books
Oct 16, 2014 Sweets Books rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I give this a 5put of 5 Ravishing stars.

Nicole was always a independ
Jodie Squelch
Oct 19, 2014 Jodie Squelch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-reads
This is the second book in the halo series and gives us.... Avery and Nicole's story... I adored this book and the story it told.... It was a cute rocky road love story...
We already know Avery and Nicole met on a single cruise and how they found the one.... But life is bigger than a cruise .... And sometimes you have to travel the rocky road so you enjoy the smooth times and realise what you have....
Avery and Nicole.... Thought life together was perfect... All hearts, flowers and love till the
Jennifer Sons
Oct 20, 2014 Jennifer Sons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 Awesome Stars

I received The One as a gift for an honest review. This is a standalone but the 2nd in the Halo series! I haven't read the 1st yet but will after reading this one which will help with the back story! Amazing sums it up! It's an amazing story of true love, loss & perseverance! You will laugh, cry, sigh, moan, scream & cry some more.

Nicole & her BFF decide to take a singles cruise where they meet up with Avery & his BFF Easton. It's lust at 1st sight but both we
Tina
Oct 19, 2014 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
****I received this book for an honest review****
This is the story of Avery and Nicole how they meet during the single cruise. To after the cruise to build a life together. I loved the chemistry between Avery and Nicole it was built up through out the story and keep me guessing till the end. I could feel and relate to this story in some way. They was where happy with each other and over joyed with being pregnant. Building the relationship and life the truly deserved. Then tragedy hit them really
Broadway Girl  Book Reviews (Beth Lattanzi)
First let me say that if you haven't read Tattooed Dots I would definitely read it prior to reading The One other wise you will have some spoilers.

This is Avery and Nicole's story! Definitely worth reading. I loved their characters in Tattooed Dots and I was so thankful to find out Kimberly Knight was writing their story! It didn't let me down either!

Avery and Nicole had instant, emotional, raw passion. From the very beginning those two fell for each other and you couldn't help falling with th
Cathy
Oct 17, 2014 Cathy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you haven't read Tattooed Dots then I very highly suggest you do so now.

After reading this story I have to admit I enjoyed Tattooed Dots much more. Avery knew from the second he spotted Nicole and Brooke talking to Easton on the singles cruise that Nicole was his One. He wanted her to be his from then on without freaking her out and telling her too much too soon.

Fate seemed to intervene or maybe just one bad batch of condoms. It might have been quick but, Nicole and Avery made a commitment
  • Promise It All (Blinded by Love, #2)
  • Torturous Kisses
  • Tied
  • Sanctuary from the Darkness (Storms of Life, #3)
  • Untitled (Criminals of the Ocean, #3)
  • Dark Lust (Dark Brother, #5)
  • Never Let Go (Take My Hand, #4)
  • Come Together (Rock Hard, #2)
  • A Hope and a Chance
  • Never Doubt Me (Judge Me Not, #2)
  • Dark Surrendering (Surrender Saga, #3)
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Play with Me
  • When Ash Falls (London Fairy Tales, #4)
  • Stronger (Strong, #2)
  • Damaging Me (Savor Us, #2)
  • Unforgiven (Unbreakable, #3)
  • Destry (Rough and Hard, #1)
Kimberly Knight is an USA Today Bestselling Author that lives in the mountains near a lake with her loving husband and spoiled cat, Precious. In her spare time, she enjoys watching her favorite reality TV shows, watching the San Francisco Giants win World Series and the San Jose Sharks kick butt.

She's also a two time desmoid tumor/cancer fighter that's made her stronger and an inspiration to her
More about Kimberly Knight...

Halo (4 books)
  • Tattooed Dots (Halo, #1)
  • Never Stop (Halo, #3)