City Girl (Yellow Rose Trilogy #3)

City Girl (Yellow Rose Trilogy #3)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  1,952 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Published January 1st 2001 by Harvest House Publishers

Barbara
The "city girl" of the title is Irish lass Eileen Reagan Sullivan, who can easily control a bicycle and maneuver her way around New York City, but whose deeply unhappy past prevents her from being truly joyous. Following an ad for a governess/nanny, she arrives in Texas only to find that life is quite different here.

With all romances, the formula is the same: boy meets girl (Cash Rawlings is a ranch owner who attends the same church as Reagan's landlords), boy loses girl (Reagan is vehemently an...more
Sara ♥
This was another cute little Christian fiction book... a nice end to the trilogy!

Reagan Sullivan is an independent woman who wants to get away from the city (NYC) and go west. So she takes a job (via mail) as a nanny for a widower's children in Texas. Except when she gets there, the guy has already gotten remarried. Oops... Anyway, so she takes a job as a cook at the local hotel/restaurant. In town, she meets several people, including Cash Rawlings, oldest of the three brothers, and hero of our...more
Kaylin
This is the series that got me into Lori Wick's books, and even after reading it several times, it's still a great light read any time. This is my favorite book in the series, especially because we still get to keep up with the rest of the Rawlings family. Highly recommended if you love this genre.
Andrea Hussey
plot spoilers
There's not a whole lot you can say about inspirational romances. There's so much Christian stuff in there and only the barest undertones of love. There's barely any humor and there's no excitement. The writing isn't that good, it's just blah. The only thing romance books have going for them is the romantic scenes; if you don't have that you don't really have anything. &clearly, this book has nothing.
I got sick and tired of all the praying and I read right over the scriptures. E...more
Rachel
I have no idea why i love this book so much but i do. It was one of the first books that i ever read that was more adult and for some reason it gets to me every time. I think i have read it at least 10 times again i don't know why its not like any other books i like. Its about a girl who wants better for herself so she moves from New York to Texas (takes place in 1883) for a nanny job. I fell in love with Reagan she is so independent and in no way does she want a man and normally im not into stu...more
Viktoriya Shostak
I just finished the book today but I really didnt know while i was reading how everything would set up right when all of those people they love had to come to Christ, its good to know a happy ending, or to many a new begining witch are always great. Im always sad at ending a trilagy of books but that gives me something to share with all of you. This book was something of an amazing I get to know The City, the one who only depands on herself but you realize that even those people need a friends a...more
Michelle
City Girl
Lori Wick
Christian Fiction
278 pages
copyright: 2001
isbn: 0-7369-2242-3

City girl Reagan Sullivan may know her way around New York City, but nothing back East has prepared her for the land of armadillos and tall Texans. Chasing after adventure to blur an unhappy past, the highly independent Reagan has landed a job out West—but quite clearly she is not out to land a husband. When the gentle rancher Cash Rawlings comes into her life, Reagan finds herself intrigued with the man and his faith—...more
Jenn
I don't know why this book is in the romance section. She doesn't even meet the guy until half way through the book and hardly has much interaction with him at all. Most of the book is about her coming to Christ - which is a great thing, but I am already religious and if I wanted a 2 page sermon (I'm not kidding, the preacher's words take up 2 pages) I would just read my scriptures. I feel completely misled and I think the author is just seriously out to do some converting. This book should be i...more
Kieraanne
I enjoyed this one, though I think I still liked the second one best of the series. I liked Reagans character but I thought there would be more background to her story and I wished there had been more time spent on the romance then on her and Katy being "saved" but I guess that wasn't really the point of the book. I thought it was funny all of the guys "noticing" her...I thought it would have been better if she had noticed them notice her more and Cash had gotten a little jealous and kissed her...more
Rebecca
Per usual, Lori Wick provides me with a good, quick read that I always know will be clean and make me smile and roll my eyes.
Lynnda Ell
Lori Wick is one of my fovorite Christian novelists. The seamless way she crafts her stories amaze me. City Girl is no exception.

The story is set in Texas during the late 1800s and tells the way an unlikely couple fall in love. The descriptions are rich in detail and the plot kept me turning the pages. When you read this book, look for the way Lori Wick portrays the tensions in families when some are Christian and others are not.
Nikki
May 18, 2007 Nikki rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans Of Lori Wick
Reagan Sullivan knows her way around New York, but nothing has prepared her for the land of armadillos, quick draws, and Texas twangs. Spirited and fun, she lands a job out West—but clearly is not out to land a husband. When Reagan meets Cash, she is intrigued with his faith and high esteem for family. Taken with Texas ranching—and a certain Texan—she reckons with her apprehension regarding marriage and family.
Judine
Jul 14, 2008 Judine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Christian romance fans
This is my favorite of the Rawlings brothers' books. Not so much because of Cash (I still like Dakota better) but because I would LOVE to play Reagan! It reminds me of a story I'm working on and the whole working to earn trust thing. What I like best is how neither of them realized at first that their love was mutual. Priceless!
Judie
Yellow Rose Trilogy, about three brothers who come to Christ and find love. I read these over and over and don't mind that they are predictable to me. It's like having a conversation with an old friend that will come to a satisfactory end.
Larry Holshu
Excellent story! Lori Wick is an excellent writer and a good story teller. Her writing is refreshing and her Christian views are beautiful and heart warming. A must read for anyone and everyone! May God bless her and her family. :o)
Mindy Worley
I love her yellow rose trilogy the best, but this female character is easily one of my favorites out of all of her books. Reagan Sullivan is one of those characters you strive to be more like.
Marilyn
I listened to the book while machine quilting. That means I miss some words as the machine is quite loud. I enjoyed the uplifting story of determination, kindness, service, and love.
Faith
A nice wrap up of a good series. I just wish the writing would not have seemed so forced. Definitely not the most well-written book I have read from Mrs. Wick.
Shannon
The last of the three brothers meets a girl for New York. Who rides a Bike on his ranch and into his heart.
Janet Garrett
Dec 11, 2012 Janet Garrett rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Janet by: Mesquite Library
Love Lori Wicks books. Only thing is I don't find all the books in a series at my library. :-(
Karen Halterman
This book was a fun, romantic CLEAN book. I enjoyed it for a summer quick read.
Aida Sarria
Is the reason why I love cowboys and 1800's books, are just perfect together :)
Miah
I adored this book. I admit it, I'm a lover of sappy stories. :D
Courtney
It was a little slow to get started but still a good book.
Alicia Wilson
very good book i really liked the story line
Kenzie Lee
Just another good ole' Lori Wick publication
Erika
Not my favorite of the series, but good.
Annissa
This was a great end to the series.
Maggie
this book is wonderful!!
  • Hope (Brides of the West, #3)
  • Shadows of the Canyon (Desert Roses, #1)
  • The Husband Tree (Montana Marriages, #2)
  • Patterns of Love (Coming to America, #2)
  • Bittersweet (California Historical Series, #2)
  • The Bachelor's Bargain (Miss Pickworth Series #2)
  • Kansas Brides: Stranger's Bride/Never a Bride/Bittersweet Bride/His Brother's Bride
  • A Hope Beyond (Ribbons of Steel, #2)
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Lori Wick is known as one of the most versatile Christian fiction writers on the market today. From pioneer fiction to a series set in Victorian England to a contemporary novel, Lori's books (over 5 million in print) continue to delight readers and top the Christian bestselling fiction list. Lori and her husband, Bob, live in Wisconsin with "the three coolest kids in the world."
More about Lori Wick...
The Princess Sophie's Heart The Hawk and the Jewel (Kensington Chronicles #1) Pretense Wings of the Morning (Kensington Chronicles #2)