One Yellow Lion

One Yellow Lion

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Every page contains a surprise in this active picture book, filled with countable, colorful critters to engage the very young. Each spread features a number word from one to ten, a color word, and an Arabic numeral, folding out to reveal one or more lively animals. Full color.
Published May 4th 1992 by Dial

To ask other readers questions about One Yellow Lion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Yellow Lion

Sarah Sammis
When Sean was a preschooler, one of his favorite authors was Matthew Van Fleet. He adored Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings and Tails. Recently at the library I spotted a Van Fleet book we hadn't read that I thought Harriet would enjoy: One Yellow Lion. I was right; she loved the book!

One Yellow Lion is a counting book that mixes colors, numbers and animals together just as Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings does with shapes. Van Fleet's books incorporate a lift the flat piece into every page. In One Yellow Lion the f...more
Carmen Hartono
Children of all ages (Yes, even this grandmother!) will have fun counting the multi-colorful animal friends.
Gail
The flaps are fun. This might be worth buying. There are many color and counting books out there, but what makes this one special is the long fold out flap on the last page where you have to look for the animals.
Heidi
This was adorable. I might have to give this to a niece or nephew. Just too cute!

2/23/10 Cute--but not sure how to work into a storytime. I like it more as a lap-read.
Katieb (MundieMoms)
You can't go wrong with this book either! My son loves the touch and feel, left the flaps and the numbers on each page.
Joanna
Very very adorable counting book.
Emily
Emily added it
Jun 26, 2014
Vince
Vince added it
Mar 29, 2014
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Carrie Guipe
Carrie Guipe marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Laurie Ellis
Laurie Ellis marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2013
A
A added it
Aug 08, 2013
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
Sarah added it
Jul 06, 2013
Annemaria Odriscoll
Annemaria Odriscoll marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Jami Dwyer
Jami Dwyer marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2013
Matthew Van Fleet's innovative books have been introducing children to basic concepts for over twenty years. His unique formats invite toddlers to touch, press, pull, lift and even sniff as they explore colors, shapes, numbers, letters, opposites and more. His books include the #1 New York Times bestsellers TAILS and DOG as well as the New York Times bestsellers CAT, ALPHABET, and HEADS.
More about Matthew Van Fleet...
Tails Dog Heads Alphabet Cat