Start by marking “One Yellow Lion” as Want to Read:
One Yellow Lion

One Yellow Lion

Every page contains a surprise in this active picture book, filled with countable, colorful critters to engage the very young. Each spread features a number word from one to ten, a color word, and an Arabic numeral, folding out to reveal one or more lively animals.
Novelty Book, 52 pages
Published May 4th 1992 by Dial Books

To ask other readers questions about One Yellow Lion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Yellow Lion

Sarah Sammis
Jan 09, 2010 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
When Sean was a preschooler, one of his favorite authors was Matthew Van Fleet. He adored Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings and Tails. Recently at the library I spotted a Van Fleet book we hadn't read that I thought Harriet would enjoy: One Yellow Lion. I was right; she loved the book!

One Yellow Lion is a counting book that mixes colors, numbers and animals together just as Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings does with shapes. Van Fleet's books incorporate a lift the flat piece into every page. In One Yellow Lion the f
Michelle Vaughn
Mads, age 2: four stars
Mom: three stars

It took me a while to realize Mads thought the nine green alligators were dragons, which is why he kept insisting they would "fly up to the sky." The thought of flying alligators is a lot scarier than dragons; thanks for the nightmares, little buddy!

Fun, interactive little book--of color, animals, numbers. In our house, I've found this is a great book for my toddler to "read" to me as well as the other way around. He tells me all sorts of stories (and makes
Gail
Jun 03, 2009 Gail rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
The flaps are fun. This might be worth buying. There are many color and counting books out there, but what makes this one special is the long fold out flap on the last page where you have to look for the animals.
Katieb (MundieMoms)
Feb 15, 2008 Katieb (MundieMoms) rated it really liked it
You can't go wrong with this book either! My son loves the touch and feel, left the flaps and the numbers on each page.
Carmen Hartono
Sep 01, 2014 Carmen Hartono rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Children of all ages (Yes, even this grandmother!) will have fun counting the multi-colorful animal friends.
Heidi-Marie
This was adorable. I might have to give this to a niece or nephew. Just too cute!

2/23/10 Cute--but not sure how to work into a storytime. I like it more as a lap-read.
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Haurtytt
Haurtytt rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Ginger
Ginger rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2017
David Surn
David Surn rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2009
Neus
Neus rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Erin Price
Erin Price rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2011
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2009
Zoe Hinchliffe
Zoe Hinchliffe rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Raymond
Raymond rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2011
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2009
Joanna
Aug 11, 2009 Joanna rated it it was amazing
Shelves: board-books, 123
Very very adorable counting book.
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
Oct 10, 2010
Parker Catlett-Miller
Parker Catlett-Miller rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2014
Mo
Mo rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2014
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2012
Angela
Angela rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2011
SUSIEQBELL
SUSIEQBELL rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2014
Deborah
Deborah rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2011
Margo
Margo rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2013
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2012
Roxy
Roxy rated it really liked it
May 03, 2011
Nikki Fox
Nikki Fox rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Teresa
Teresa rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2009
Matthew Van Fleet's innovative books have been introducing children to basic concepts for over twenty years. His unique formats invite toddlers to touch, press, pull, lift and even sniff as they explore colors, shapes, numbers, letters, opposites and more. His books include the #1 New York Times bestsellers TAILS and DOG as well as the New York Times bestsellers CAT, ALPHABET, and HEADS.
More about Matthew Van Fleet...