Start by marking “Yellow, Volume 02” as Want to Read:
Yellow, Volume 02

Yellow, Volume 02 (Yellow #2)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  835 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Yellow Volume 2 marks the return of our heroes Goh and Taki to infiltrate the Japanese narcotics trade. This time, they're after your garden variety heroin that's being "floated" to Japan in a most unique way. Bullets will fly and Goh and Taki - preoccupied with their budding relationship and the reappearance of past flames - may not be able to avoid the crossfire!
Published November 1st 2005 by Digital Manga Publishing (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Yellow, Volume 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yellow, Volume 02

Kirsti
Dec 29, 2014 Kirsti rated it really liked it
A fun, exciting manga that all yaoi lovers would enjoy. It reminds me a lot of my favorite yaoi manga, "Fake". I actually read this series on the night before I left for the holidays, and even though I've been online since I haven't had time to sit and write a proper review.

Basically Taki and Goh intercept drugs and do odd jobs for a mysterious bartender. Mostly, they have to use seduction to get people to talk, and it helps that one of them is gay and the other hetero. They basically seduce al
Marsha
Once again Tateno brings us mounting tension liberally laced with humor as Taki and Goh negotiate the drug world’s underbelly, this time starting with a seedy nightclub that’s harboring a missing drug stash. In this story, the action is outweighed by the intelligence of and superlative teamwork between the two main characters. New factors are introduced by way of new characters called Kanji and Kei. Upbeat and spirited, Kanji presents a farcical element since he’s always crashing through doors a ...more
M.A. Ray
Sep 23, 2015 M.A. Ray rated it it was ok
Really difficult to get past the writing here. Art is really so pretty, but the story is blah.
Derekica Snake
May 09, 2011 Derekica Snake rated it it was amazing
The second volume redeemed the series for me. I actually sold off volume 1 because of brotherly love scene tweaked my squick factor. Yah, yah I'm someone who writes about fathers and brothers but they are not actually brothers and fathers...if you get my drift. This second volume gave enough of the history of Goh and Taki to make volume 1 beliveable. So much much do I like it? I bought the compendium! It's got to be good to part me from my money. I would like to see Goh's childhood now...
Leila Anani
Another excellent volume in this yaoi romance series following drug snatchers Taki and Goh. Loud mouthed Kanji gets introduced and starts working at the roost. We also get Kei, Goh's ex partner/lover return wanting Goh back. Some really nice imagry here like Taki (straight) and Goh (gay) being as poles apart as Penguins and polar bears.

Exciting, action packed stories, gorgeous artwork and strong characters make this series a delight to read.
Bradley
Aug 26, 2013 Bradley rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I love Yaoi, the Japanese term for female authored boy loves boy stories. Yellow is the perfect example of a great Yaoi read. Goh and Taki are undercover partners out to infiltrate a drug ring. Goh is gay and sexually attracted to Taki but Taki is straight and oblivious to Taki's feelings. Or is he?
Anna
Jan 16, 2016 Anna rated it liked it
The stories in this volume were not as interesting as the ones in the first volume. I didn't feel like the characters developed at all, except for in the last act. I know that the story develops tremendously after this volume, but this one by itself was just okay.
Oyceter
Aug 20, 2007 Oyceter rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, shounen-ai
A little better -- at least Taki's feeling something; I hate the entire "If I throw myself at someone, they are bound to love me back!" thing going on in vol. 1.

Full review: http://oyceter.livejournal.com/634730... (minor spoilers for entire series)
Chelsea
Apr 05, 2010 Chelsea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2005, read-in-2010
Elizabeth
May 20, 2007 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: yaoi manga lovers
The second volume means the story just gets better! :D Keep going!
SoAmy
Dec 25, 2015 SoAmy rated it liked it
Shelves: gay, manga
Alright, YES, the series now has me.
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Sandra Vivar Muñoz
Sandra Vivar Muñoz rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2016
Nido Kido
Nido Kido rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Suraya Shaffer
Suraya Shaffer marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
maurice ferdinand
maurice ferdinand rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2016
Christopher D Harris
Christopher D Harris marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Chibisuke
Chibisuke marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Sean Hower
Sean Hower rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
Amanda Nelson
Amanda Nelson rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2016
K.S. Trenten
K.S. Trenten rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Roxane
Roxane rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Shaya
Shaya rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Lyn Jensen
Lyn Jensen rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Romie
Romie rated it really liked it
May 21, 2016
Caitlin Martin
Caitlin Martin rated it really liked it
Christie Maynard
Christie Maynard rated it liked it
C
C rated it really liked it
  • Fake, Volume 02
  • Love Mode, Vol. 7
  • Little Butterfly, Vol. 03
  • Our Everlasting, Volume 02
  • The Crimson Spell, Volume 2 (Crimson Spell, #2)
  • Kizuna: Bonds of Love, Vol. 4
  • Desire
Name in Japanese: 立野 真琴
Birth Date: March 23

Also writes under the pen-name of Shinjuku Tango.

Makoto Tateno is an extremely prolific mangaka, having created 30+ series of manga in both the shoujo and BL genres. However, she is probably most well known amongst English-speaking audiences for her yaoi series “Yellow,” published by DMP. She debuted in 1986 with the short story "Yuraete Tamago Boys," pub
More about Makoto Tateno...

Yellow (4 books)