Yellow, Volume 02

Yellow, Volume 02 (Yellow #2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  622 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Yellow Volume 2 marks the return of our heroes Goh and Taki to infiltrate the Japanese narcotics trade. This time, they're after your garden variety heroin that's being "floated" to Japan in a most unique way. Bullets will fly and Goh and Taki - preoccupied with their budding relationship and the reappearance of past flames - may not be able to avoid the crossfire!
Published November 1st 2005 by Digital Manga Publishing (first published 2003)

Marsha
Once again Tateno brings us mounting tension liberally laced with humor as Taki and Goh negotiate the drug world’s underbelly, this time starting with a seedy nightclub that’s harboring a missing drug stash. In this story, the action is outweighed by the intelligence of and superlative teamwork between the two main characters. New factors are introduced by way of new characters called Kanji and Kei. Upbeat and spirited, Kanji presents a farcical element since he’s always crashing through doors a...more
Derekica Snake
The second volume redeemed the series for me. I actually sold off volume 1 because of brotherly love scene tweaked my squick factor. Yah, yah I'm someone who writes about fathers and brothers but they are not actually brothers and fathers...if you get my drift. This second volume gave enough of the history of Goh and Taki to make volume 1 beliveable. So much much do I like it? I bought the compendium! It's got to be good to part me from my money. I would like to see Goh's childhood now...
Leila Anani
Another excellent volume in this yaoi romance series following drug snatchers Taki and Goh. Loud mouthed Kanji gets introduced and starts working at the roost. We also get Kei, Goh's ex partner/lover return wanting Goh back. Some really nice imagry here like Taki (straight) and Goh (gay) being as poles apart as Penguins and polar bears.

Exciting, action packed stories, gorgeous artwork and strong characters make this series a delight to read.
Bradley
I love Yaoi, the Japanese term for female authored boy loves boy stories. Yellow is the perfect example of a great Yaoi read. Goh and Taki are undercover partners out to infiltrate a drug ring. Goh is gay and sexually attracted to Taki but Taki is straight and oblivious to Taki's feelings. Or is he?
Anna
The stories in this volume were not as interesting as the ones in the first volume. I didn't feel like the characters developed at all, except for in the last act. I know that the story develops tremendously after this volume, but this one by itself was just okay.
Oyceter
A little better -- at least Taki's feeling something; I hate the entire "If I throw myself at someone, they are bound to love me back!" thing going on in vol. 1.

Full review: http://oyceter.livejournal.com/634730... (minor spoilers for entire series)
Chelsea
Elizabeth
May 20, 2007 Elizabeth rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yaoi manga lovers
The second volume means the story just gets better! :D Keep going!
Sori
Jul 31, 2009 Sori rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: gay, manga
Alright, YES, the series now has me.
Kirra
Kirra added it
Jul 27, 2014
Cassandra Hill
Cassandra Hill marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Morgan
Morgan added it
Jul 15, 2014
Jerrymaynor
Jerrymaynor marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
  • Love Mode Vol. 3 (Love Mode, #3)
  • Fake, Volume 05
  • A Gentleman's Kiss 1
  • Rin!, Volume 03
Name in Japanese: 立野 真琴
Birth Date: March 23

Also writes under the pen-name of Shinjuku Tango.

Makoto Tateno is an extremely prolific mangaka, having created 30+ series of manga in both the shoujo and BL genres. However, she is probably most well known amongst English-speaking audiences for her yaoi series “Yellow,” published by DMP. She debuted in 1986 with the short story "Yuraete Tamago Boys," pub...more
More about Makoto Tateno...
Yellow, Volume 01 Yellow, Volume 03 Yellow, Volume 04 Hero Heel, Volume 01 Hero Heel, Volume 02