Start by marking “Dios de lo posible: ¿Puede cambiar Dios de parecer?” as Want to Read:
Dios de lo posible: ¿Puede cambiar Dios de parecer?

Dios de lo posible: ¿Puede cambiar Dios de parecer?

El Dios de lo Posible UNA INTRODUCION BIBLICA AL CONCEPTO ABIERTO DE DIOS Por que le dijo Dios a Ezequias que iba a morir, para anadirle despues quince anos a su vida? Si Dios sabe que ciertas personas van a ir al infierno, por que las crea? Conoce Dios de antemano las consecuencias de todas las decisiones que nosotros tomamos? En este libro, accesible pero desafiante, Gre ...more
Published September 8th 2003 by Vida (first published May 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Dios de lo posible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dios de lo posible

Scott Heaton
Feb 21, 2011 Scott Heaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
God of the Possible by Dr. Gregory Boyd was a difficult read for me. It is a theological book that challenges the traditional view of God (mostly my ideas) and argues for the ‘open view of the future.’ It was difficult for me, not because the writing was poor or that the logic was faulty, but the exact opposite. This was an easy-to-understand book that took me awhile because I had to put it down so frequently to think about the ideas that were being presented. (Mainly because he launched an arse ...more
Adam Ross
Feb 04, 2014 Adam Ross rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
After reading an interesting interview with Greg Boyd online, I picked up this book and enjoyed it a lot. I'm not fully convinced of his case, but the book certainly convinced me that Open Theism is no heresy. It is, instead, a means of trying to reconcile God's sovereignty and man's free will in a satisfactory way. Having remained unconvinced by the attempts of Calvinism to deal with free will and the Arminian attempt to explain God's sovereignty, I found this to be an interesting suggestion fo ...more
JJ Vancil
Jan 29, 2013 JJ Vancil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
Greg Boyd is one of my favorite authors and this book helps the reader understand the driving principles of his theology. I happen to understand God through the open lens and see it lining up with the whole counsel of Scripture. I appreciate Boyd's heart and the depth in which he uses Scripture. People are free to disagree with him, but they can't accuse him of not teaching the Word. I believe that the open view, as espoused in this book, paints the most accurate picture of God and after reading ...more
Carl Jenkins
May 07, 2015 Carl Jenkins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book asks a lot of good questions about the nature or depth of God's foreknowledge. Boyd's position is that God is indeed all knowing, but that, for the most part, God leaves the future "open" or "unsettled." That is to say that the future isn't eternally settled, and God doesn't know all of the exact decisions you will make. That leaves God also open to be able to change his mind on issues, such as giving Hezekiah 15 more years to live. The position of "Open Theism" puts much more responsi ...more
Joshua Duffy
Jun 17, 2013 Joshua Duffy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is not a lot not to love about this book, unless you are a determinist. It is well written, concise, effective, and what is likely the best introduction to the idea of 'Open Theism' that I can imagine. It remains quite disconcerting that there are aspects of the future that God possibly does not know, but Boyd fills in the blanks quite nicely. Whether or not you accept Open Theism after reading this one, you most likely will have to admit it makes way more sense than Determinism.
Feb 25, 2013 Carl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this after reading "Letters..." because I had questions about Boyd's Open View as presented to his father. Never having been completely comfortable with the classical arguments presented by Calvin or Arminius, I am intrigued by Boyd's presentation and by the evidence he brings from Scripture. Those who want to label him a blasphemer or heretic go too far.
Husain Alshehhi
Well. Not bad for an open theist, but not satisfying either.

The author tried to show that open theism is true based on scripture. I doubt that is what he did. Every time he takes a passage, he interprets it though a philosophical insight, rather than do a proper exegesis.

1. When scripture says that God knows the future, Boyd jumps and says "not All future".

2. When he gives, however, passages that shows that God changes his mind, he doesn't say "it doesn't show that God doesn't know the future, H
Donovan Richards
When Bible Study Becomes Scary

When I was young, my parents hosted a couples’ Bible study on Sunday nights. While my parents studied in the community of believers, I listened to music and played video games in the office.

One Sunday evening, I remember my mother visibly shaken after a study. During the Bible study, one member shared with the group his personal study on the actions God cannot perform. The very thought, to my mother, seemed heretical. God is God right? God can do anything!

But the pe
Aug 31, 2014 Alan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
While I'm sure Greg Boyd is a very nice man, I feel his understanding and explanation of divine sovereignty and foreknowledge is theologically shallow and wrong-headed. Bruce Ware has written multiple books that address the exegetical shortcomings of open theism that I would highly recommend if you are looking for a solid response to Boyd's articulation of open theism. Personally, I was borderline annoyed at his constant accusations towards classical theists of misinterpreting 'straight forward' ...more
Daphne Tan
Jan 24, 2012 Daphne Tan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thankful for a work that common folk like me can read. Greg is candid that people should not be divided over this issue in the unity Christ has set up with his own flesh and blood, nor should they pretend to be ignorant about differences people have towards such issues. To paraphrase John Stott, not using our mind to think for ourselves on this issue (Calvinism/Arminianism/Open Theism/Molinism etc) is an insult to our Creator who designed us to use our minds to think.

Great introduction, Bible-ba
Calvary Church
Controversial! The future is partially open to God. Boyd places an emphasis on the Biblical texts that speak of God changing his mind, or being grieved, or giving people options – and constructs a new theology of God – referred to as Open Theism or Neothism. In all fairness, Boyd does not give up God’s sovereignty, but redefines it. His views have created a flurry of evangelical scholarship defending the traditional/classical view of God, even suggesting that Boyd’s views fall outside of the pal ...more
Greg Dill
Sep 23, 2015 Greg Dill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Open Theism is grossly misunderstood by many Evangelicals. They believe Open Theism greatly diminishes the sovereignty of God. This couldn't be further from the truth. In Open Theism, God still knows the beginning and the end, but not everything in between is predetermined/predestined while some things are. Think "Choose Your Own Adventure" books where the outcome is already written, but the in between stuff is for you to choose.

In a sense, to me it seems Open Theism is Arminianism on steroids (
Bryan Neuschwander
Boyd argues clearly and fairly. Not everyone will find him convincing, but his astute reflections and calm analysis may serve to shift certain deterministic presuppositions and to combat a kind of folk Christian fatalism that simply accepts whatever happens with the bland "God is in control" cliche.
Thomas Kinsfather
Jul 21, 2010 Thomas Kinsfather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved Boyd's approach to the future and God's sovereignty in Scripture. Boyd voiced a philosophy I have held for years, but never been able to put in words. That is, that the future hasn't happened, that it is partially settled and partially open. Well written with an overload of Scriptural support.
Brian Jones
Mar 09, 2014 Brian Jones rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent overview of the "Openness of God." A much needed corrective to the Reformed fad sweeping through evangelical circles.
Randall Pratt
In this book, Boyd presents his case for the open view of God (or, the open view of the future) in a highly readable text.

After a brief introduction, he uses the first chapter to present an honest description of the classical view (or views -- Calvin and Arminius) of divine foreknowledge. Each of these essentially sees the future as exhaustively settled, and Boyd presents the biblical case for such a view.

In the second chapter, he shows the motive for the open view by sound biblical exegesis of
Oct 16, 2012 Tom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Does God know in advance all of history, including the future, down to the last detail? Or does God experience the future as we do: as an array of possibilities that are not yet decided?

My cousin and her husband gave this book to me while I was visiting them. I told them I wanted some good theology and they literally pressed it into my hands. I had no idea what it was about.

It turns out to be a very thorough theological argument for what is known as the ‘Open View’ of God. In the ‘Classical Vie
Elizabeth Anglin
Apr 17, 2014 Elizabeth Anglin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very easy and quick read. It is more than a Biblical introduction to the Open View, as Boyd explains extra-biblical reasons for his view, which are nevertheless quite thought-provoking. This is a great, simple introductory book for those who are curious or have misconceptions of what the Open View actually means.
Ben Williams
Mar 20, 2014 Ben Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a helpful and extremely accessible introductions to the ideas leading to an Open Theist approach to understanding God's interactions with the universe. Though I still have questions about certain portions of the system, I found Boyd's exploration of the implications of his approach to be thoughtful and thorough.
For friends I have recommended this to: my five star rating was ALMOST a four star, since I would hardly call myself an evangelical Christian. But objectively, I found this book to be highly internally consistent, and therefore an excellent case for the open view of the future. So even though I don't necessarily agree with the evangelical Christian point of view, I feel I must give it five stars all the same. It was that good.
Brook M.
Mar 22, 2016 Brook M. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Boyd presents Open Theism and gives his arguments for it, primarily based on what he sees in scripture, rather than a philosophical basis. Prayer & Providence gave a more concise summary of this stance though. Read much of this in the Caribbean during Spring Break from teaching at Pinares.
Andrew Schumann
'Open Theism' (whether you subscribe to it or not) is an interesting view on God's foreknowledge. The open view stretches one's view on God's foreknowledge, and provides some interesting insight on scriptures that seem to show God changing his mind, or "regretting" decisions he made. Every Christian that is serious about theology should at least know what the open view of God is, and this book is an excellent starting point
James Seawel
It's worth more stars for the quality of his writing and the depth of his research, but Boyd convinced me early on to consider his position that God may know the future of possibilities without knowing the exactness of the future not yet lived out in humanity's God-given free will. I read the first half, skimmed the rest, said Amen and moved on.
Per André
Nov 13, 2014 Per André rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Does God know everything that is ever going to happen? Is the future extensively settled? Greg brings great insight into these questions. Loved it!
Jun 19, 2016 Bob rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
Very thought provoking. Challenged views I have held for a long time in a very constructive way.
Apr 15, 2011 Coryke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
This book was fine. I felt like a lot of the book was a conversation I've already had. This is in no way meant to diminish the book, rather, it didn't scratch the itch I thought it might. Nevertheless, I can think of several people who I would like to have read this book.

The highlight of the book, to me, seems to be tucked into the question and answer chapter at the end. I wish his line of reasoning there would have been highlighted, but alas it was not. Look for it! It is about how metaphors us
Andrew Ward
Mar 20, 2014 Andrew Ward rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very easy read and very interesting to those interested in theology.
Jul 18, 2013 Naomi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible, theology
Boyd invites his readers to consider something that might be new to them, in thinking about God and free will and the future. In so doing, he addresses questions of theodicy and God's involvement in history, and teaches readers a way of approaching the Bible that is consistent both Biblically and with accepting a world of probabilities as a perfect one, undoing the notion of perfection as static. He carefully distinguishes the open view of God from process theology. All in all, a fine christian ...more
Brian Collins
Jan 06, 2014 Brian Collins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pastoral and biblically argued points. The type of book that people would rate in terms of how they agree or disgree. My view is that any attempt to discuss Gods foreknowledge fails from the starting gun, but still open theism is probably the best we can get.

Its easy to read and I think people should consider the arguments within it.
Orlando Acevedo
Jan 03, 2015 Orlando Acevedo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worthy of studying.
  • The God Who Risks: A Theology of Divine Providence
  • A Community Called Atonement
  • The Openness of God
  • The Evangelical Universalist
  • Beauty Will Save the World: Rediscovering the Allure and Mystery of Christianity
  • The Jesus Legend: A Case for the Historical Reliability of the Synoptic Jesus Tradition
  • Jesus and Nonviolence: A Third Way
  • Inspiration and Incarnation: Evangelicals and the Problem of the Old Testament
  • Against Calvinism
  • Healing the Gospel: A Radical Vision for Grace, Justice, and the Cross
  • Paul: In Fresh Perspective
  • Four Views on Divine Providence
  • Heaven Is Now: Awakening Your Five Spiritual Senses to the Wonders of Grace
  • Fight: A Christian Case for Non-Violence
  • Blessed are the Peacemakers: Christ's Teachings of Love, Compassion, and Forgiveness
  • A Primer on Postmodernism
  • The Bible Made Impossible: Why Biblicism Is Not a Truly Evangelical Reading of Scripture
Gregory A. Boyd is the founder and senior pastor of Woodland Hills Church in St. Paul, Minn., and founder and president of ReKnew. He was a professor of theology at Bethel College (St. Paul, Minn.) for sixteen years where he continues to serve as an Adjunct Professor.

Greg is a graduate of the University of Minnesota (BA), Yale Divinity School (M.Div), and Princeton Theological Seminary (PhD). Gre
More about Gregory A. Boyd...

“It takes a greater God to steer a world populated with free agents than it does to steer a world of preprogrammed automatons.” 2 likes
“Biblically, God is repeatedly depicted as facing a partially open future. Theologically, several unsolvable problems inherent in the classical view can be avoided when one accepts that God is the God of the possible and not simply a God of eternally static certainties. Practically, a God of eternally static certainties is incapable of interacting with humans in a relevant way. The God of the possible, by contrast, is a God who can work with us to truly change what might have been into what should be.” 0 likes