Start by marking “The Sins Of His Past” as Want to Read:
The Sins Of His Past

The Sins Of His Past

For one incredible night, Kendra Locke gave Deuce Monroe everything she had. Then he walked away without a backward glance to chase his big-league dreams as far as they would take him. Years later, after one daredevil stunt too many, Deuce was back in his hometown, ready to pick up where he left off.

Kendra had no intention of letting him. The consequences of that one night

Published January 10th 2006 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about The Sins Of His Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sins Of His Past

Susan
Mar 19, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing
Very good book, with lots of emotion. When Deuce came home, he expected to walk in and take over running his dad's bar. He had lots of good ideas about turning it into a fantastic sports bar. He got a rude shock when he discovered it had been turned into a cyber-cafe, and Kendra was running it. She had big plans also, and when Deuce's dad gave them six weeks to work out a compromise, she wasn't sure what to do. She didn't want to give up her dreams again, but spending time with him hurt too much ...more
Kyraryker
Oct 01, 2013 Kyraryker rated it it was ok
It's weird but I feel like I started reading in the middle of the book; it just starts off kind of awkwardly.

The writing style is a little immature and low quality. The author never digs deeply into her characters and they are definitely not multifaceted. This story wasn't even what I would call a guilty pleasure read, you know the fast, dirty, but not particularly intelligent read with quality writing. This whole story was dull.

This was an "eh" book for sure, not even positive I would call it
Ashley F
Ms. St. Claire's contribution is "The Sins of His Past" which features two people who had a thing years ago and features them reuniting years later in a competitive manner. Basically Deuce and Kendra slept together years ago and then he left town because he was playing baseball or something. He promised to call and then didn't. Thus leads to the competition that had me throwing the book across the room.

See Deuce's father owns a bar and Deuce, in a fit of stupidity, decides to return home and man
Amanda Chomiak
Mar 04, 2014 Amanda Chomiak rated it really liked it
Vary quick read, but very human characters with believable and relatable backstories. I found this book to be incredibly emotional and quite heartbreaking, though it had a HEA ending.
Dee
Feb 10, 2014 Dee rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2014
been a while since i've read an actual category romance..no real surprises but a nice lite read
Melissa Spears
Sep 29, 2015 Melissa Spears rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. But then I usually like sports guy books! Enjoy
Carol
Aug 12, 2012 Carol rated it really liked it
Read this story as part of the "Kiss Me I'm Irish" anthology. I am going to count the 3 books individually for my challenge because all of them were previously published as single books. (I seen 2 of the 3 on the Swap Book cart at the library just last week...how weird). Anyways, I enjoyed this book, it hooked me right from the start. It was also a nice quick read. It's been awhile since I've read anything by her, and all of that was her NASCAR related books so it was a nice change of pace.
Dee Haddrill
I had trouble with this one at the beginning because I really didn't like Deuce Monroe. What an arrogant jerk and I was nearly in tears for poor Kendra when he arrived back in town, ruining her plans by announcing he was taking over his family's bar! Luckily, Ms St Claire has an incredible ability to change your mind about Deuce and quickly was able to make me like him. This is the first story by this author that I have read, and I'll definitely be reading more.
Awilk -never sleeps-
A quick enjoyable read. This story was a sweet little romance that filled an enjoyable couple of hours. I liked Roxanne's style and will probably look up some of her other stories.
Carolyn
Sep 19, 2012 Carolyn rated it really liked it
Gotta love a romance for easy, light reading.
Macy
Jul 30, 2008 Macy rated it really liked it
As usual, Roxanne writes a compelling book!
Kristi
Aug 26, 2012 Kristi rated it liked it
Cute romance!! Quick read!
Cecilia Aubrey
Cecilia Aubrey rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2016
Jean Nocomura
Jean Nocomura marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Keira Palmer
Keira Palmer rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Amjo19
Amjo19 marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
TaniLu
TaniLu marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Jennifer rated it liked it
May 09, 2016
Steph
Steph rated it it was ok
Apr 13, 2016
Mirella
Mirella rated it it was ok
Apr 04, 2016
Sunnie
Sunnie rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Chris Kotrodimos
Chris Kotrodimos rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Shamona Hagan
Shamona Hagan marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I don’t know about you, but when I check out an author's bio, it’s usually because I’ve read a book I liked and wondered about the person behind it. Let's skip the formal bio and I'll give you the inside scoop on who Roxanne St. Claire really is.

First of all, call me Rocki. Everyone does. Evidently, when my mother brought me home from the hospital I seemed too scrawny and small to pull off “Roxan
More about Roxanne St. Claire...

“Do you have everything you need?"
No. She needed blinders to keep from staring at him, and a box of tissue to wipe the drool. Throw in some steel armour for her heart and a fail-safe chastity belt, and then she'd be good to go.”
3 likes
“She managed to clear her throat. "I'm sure this is impossible for you to comprehend, Deuce, but somehow, some way, without formal therapy or controlled substances, every single resident in the town of Rockingham, Massachusetts, has managed to survive your long absence. Every. Single. One.” 2 likes