Start by marking “Diary Of A Mad Mother To Be” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Diary Of A Mad Mother ...

Laura Wolf

Diary Of A Mad Mother To Be

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  1,922 ratings  ·  96 reviews
Baby or Bust!

Published (first published April 29th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Diary Of A Mad Mother To Be, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diary Of A Mad Mother To Be

Kelli
I didn't think that I could laugh more than I did with "Mad Bride", but this book surpassed it for me. I just could not stop laughing and I had to stop reading in so many various areas in the book to wipe my eyes and catch my breath. It was a great, light, funny read and I read it in one day. I could not put this down.
Stephanie
Amy Thomas is back and this time she is more neurotic than ever! Two years after her 'mad bride' scenario, she embarks on a new career at a below par public relations firm and discovers that after the stick turns blue, life becomes a rollercoaster of emotional hilarities.

You will laugh till you cry as Amy's neurosis increases day by day. From her 60+ "Things to Do" list which includes such tasks as "creating will" and "building college fund" to the humorous "Things No One Tells You About Pregnan
Putri
This is the sequel book after the diary of a mad bride to be.
I happened to read this book first then the mad bride.
Yes, it;s indeed funny eventhough I haven't gone trough what she has, somehow I could feel her madness as well and laughed my butt off.
Anyhow, this is a very light yet funny story, whether this book could help pregnant ladies to put a smile on their face, that I dont know.
But at least it could make a non-pregnant woman like me laugh.
Mike Hoffman
Terrific book for the genre! It wasn't all about "being pregnant" and wasn't all of the shiny happy preggo moments most people deal with. it was the truth! And I repect her for telling it! Its a decent book for a father to be to read to catch a glimpse into the mind of his pregnant wife. I will never get to experience that, but at least I know a little of a few different people's perspectives.
Celestial
Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. The character struggles through her pregnancy with lots of interesting characters in tow. Favorite character in the book was Grandma "Sessy" because she reminds me so much of an old person I know. A good book to make you laugh out loud at the mom-to-be's craziness and her love of lists.....many lists.
Sandra
Funny humor talking about being pregnant for 10 months and making a shopping list of all the things that are "no-nos" (like no hot tub) during pregnancy.

I love the birth plan that states she wants it: "short & painless."
If you have seen the doctors plan out a birth plan with the new mom---they are never this simple. :)

funny!

Nlaramee82
Read this book with both of my pregnancies and loved it. It was a great break from all the non-fiction pregnancy books, that let's face it, can sometimes be terrifying to read while pregnant. It was an easy read, that at that point in time, I could totally relate to and laugh out loud at.
Ashley (angelashly)
I want to give this book a 3.5. I read it quickly and really enjoyed it, but the characters weren't developed and I think somethings came out of nowhere, but as a pregnant for the first time girl I loved the main characters feelings and bluntness about pregnancy.
Quite an enjoyable book! I learned quite a bit about being pregnant, which I find endlessly fascinating, and I love that it was presented in a humourous way. Plus I am also a "to do" list person so I totally understand :)
Debi
Humorous tale of a woman’s journey through pregnancy. Funny book. When Amy decides she wants a baby, there’s no stopping her. A control freak meets the unpredictability of pregnancy (what do you mean the due date is inexact??!).
Stacy Juba
I really like this author's voice. Her humor makes me smile and the pregnancy scenes are very realistic. I need to go back and read the author's previous book, about the character's wedding. A fun chick lit read.
Lisa
Cute book! Quick, easy ready, great for any first time moms out there. It's been on my list for awhile (obviously), just finally got around to reading it.
Danny Krill
As a guy, I thoroughly enjoyed this book because of it's great writing style, introspections, and storyline. Recommended.
Cj
Oct 03, 2010 Cj is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
for when i need fluff before going to bed of a late study session, i read a bit of this one.... cute. very NY author...
Melaglr
Dec 30, 2008 Melaglr marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
The next book I read, promise.
Molly
I laughed out loud throughout.
Amanda
So funny and easy to read!
Shelly
easy, fast, cute book
Ciara
Nov 09, 2008 Ciara rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who find a copy laying at a bus stop
all i remember about this book is that the protaganist is preggers. as with the overwhelming majority of chick lit that features a pregnant main character, i often wanted to rip my hair out & claw at my eyes as she inevitably frets over the pregnancy making her too "fat" to wear designer clothes, & yet she totters around on stilettos anyway until the day her water breaks, & she demands lots of pain medication & generally gets really psyched about shopping for baby stuff more than ...more
Melissa
When last seen, Amy Thomas, the mad bride-to-be, was working her way through her 70-item to-do list, trying to keep chicken off the reception menu, and vowing never to change her name. Now Amy Thomas Stewart is a newlywed and a career woman, and becoming a mom is the last thing on her to-do list. So why is Amy obsessing about baby clothes and ogling pregnant women on the street?

Laura Wolf is amazing; she truly is. Every time I read either Diary of a Mad Bride-to-be or Diary of a Mad Mother-to-b
Rebecca
I enjoyed the previous book by this author and this was a follow up, which I didn’t know existed, so when I saw it, I immediately picked it up. As usual, I like the first one better, but this one was okay too. Half the book was taken up with pointless lists that just repeated them selves, with more stuff just crossed out and it was written in diary format, so it was super easy to breeze through and also read during commercials on TV, which is always a plus for me. Gee, I wonder what this book is ...more
Ferina
Di awal-awal pernikahannya, pasangan Amy dan Stephen memutuskan untuk tidak mempunyai anak. Kata Amy, anak-anak itu berisik, rewel dan tidak tahu aturan. Tapi, jam biologis yang terus berdetak, membuat Amy berpikir. Usianya sudah kepala 3, bisa-bisa jika suatu saat dia memutuskan untuk punya anak, anaknya mungkin tidak akan mengenal orang tuanya apalagi kakek-neneknya.

Maka mulailah program baru Amy yaitu hamil. Dan ketika akhirnya Amy pun hamil, kembali Amy membuat daftar yang dibutuhkan untuk m
Irene J.
Mumpung lagi hamil juga, wiken kemarin gue beli buku ini. Bacanya cuma butuh waktu 2 hari aja.. karena ga ribet2 banget bukunya. Sebenernya pas kapan gue udah kepengin beli buku ini, karena perkiraan gue ini buku pasti lucu. Dan ternyata bener, emang lucu hehe...

Tokohnya Amy Thomas Stewart, umurnya ya segue lah (bedanya gue lagi hamil anak kedua aja hehehe..).. Di tengah depresinya dia nyari kerja, terus akhirnya dapet juga, dia tiba2 aja pengin punya anak. Dengan segala macem cara akhirnya dia
Candy Boisvert
Jun 19, 2008 Candy Boisvert rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mothers to be
Recommended to Candy by: No one
Title: Diary of a mad mother to be
Author: Laura Wolf
Copyright date: 2003
Publisher: Orion
How many pages: 337 pgs
How long it took me to read: 9 days
Category: fiction
I learned about this book from: searching the sales racks at Chapter's

This book was purchased at: Chapter's
This book is: for anyone who likes humorous novels
Other books by this author: Diary of a mad bride
Favorite characters: Amy, Eddie, Lucy
Least favorite Characters: Jon, Mandy, Anita, Tangy and Stephen
When and Where the story takes p
Devon
First Laura Wolf gave us a hilarious look into the mind of the to do list crazy Amy Thomas as she planned her wedding and drove her fiance and family crazy. Now in 'DIARY OF A MAD MOM-TO-BE' Amy is back and just as to do list crazy as ever, however, now she is hormonal to boot!

Amy is enjoying her life with her now husband of two years Steven just the way it is until one day at a family dinner it hits her..."I want a baby!" From there, trying to conceive all the way to delivery is a hilarious rid
Michelle
For a fluffy chick lit book, I enjoyed this one about a mom-to-be preparing for her 1st child. Although it was a bit corny at times, it was a quick, easy, enjoyable summer read, which is what I was looking for, something fun to read about being a mom-to-be.
Lucy
It was very cute and funny. But it was nothing extraordinary or special. Usual chick-lit.
Mary Elizabeth Morton
I enjoyed this book much better than Laura Wolf's 'Diary of a Mad Bride'. Cute & entertaining.
Meaghan
Made me LOL quite a few times...good to read to relieve stress before having a kid.
  • Notes From The Underbelly
  • Mommy Tracked
  • I Did (But I Wouldn't Now) (Crandell Sisters, #2)
  • Momzillas
  • Scot On The Rocks: How I Survived My Ex-Boyfriend's Wedding With My Dignity Ever-So Slightly Intact (Brooke Miller, #1)
  • The Yummy Mummy
  • Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? (Red Dress Ink)
  • Fashionably Late
  • For Better, for Worse
  • Always the Bridesmaid
  • Tales of a Drama Queen
  • The Baby Trail
  • Mike, Mike & Me
  • Goodbye, Jimmy Choo
  • The Importance of Being Married (Jessica Wild, #1)
  • Always the Bridesmaid
  • Gucci Gucci Coo
  • Family Trust
Diary of a Mad Bride

“I've never considered myself a yoga person; in fact I'm kinda disgusted by the whole yoga phenomenon - pampered white people getting in touch with their inner Indians.” 9 likes