Start by marking “Organic Chemistry” as Want to Read:
Organic Chemistry

Organic Chemistry

This book provides an exciting introduction to organic chemistry for students majoring in chemistry and in related disciplines, especially the health and biological sciences. In this Fourth Edition, Brown, Foote, and Iverson build on the text's highly-praised hallmarks of unifying mechanistic themes, focusing on problem-solving, using applied problems from the ...more
Published October 21st 2004 by Thomson Brooks/Cole (first published January 1st 1901)

To ask other readers questions about Organic Chemistry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Organic Chemistry

Chris Rogers
Aug 11, 2012 Chris Rogers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great textbook. It's very easy to read; chapters around the forty-page mark fly by quickly. The authors focus on mechanisms much of the time, which I think is probably one of the best ways to really understand organic chemistry's reactions. Sometimes you have to skip a few pages to see the mechanism (often outlined in an orangish color) of a reaction they're introducing but that's not too big of a deal. Another thing is that unless your professor gives problem sets to help you work ...more
Hannah
Dec 12, 2012 Hannah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: College Chemistry Majors
To honestly tell the truth, the only time that I cracked open this book was to do the extracredit. My teacher made up her own homework assignments and quizes. She taught everything she wanted us to know about organic chemistry from the book and I only ever studied my notes. I passed my class with an A. So, am I going to give this book 5 stars? No, but I am going to give it three. When I briefly used it, it was easy to understand.
Jim Zubricky
It is not the best Organic Chemistry textbook out there, but it's not the worst, either. The first half of the text makes the transition from general to organic MUCH easier, but after the first half of the book (about Chapter 10 or so), then the book changes form and becomes difficult to follow at times.
Chen
Oct 24, 2015 Chen rated it liked it
Shelves: textbook
UBC, Chem 203 - Introduction to Organic Chemistry. Probably not the best book at explaining organic chem and obviously cramming 200+ pages in 2 days before the exam did not help with the understanding process either.
Maraia
Yes, I actually READ my textbooks. I mean if I'm going to spend that much money on a book and invest that much time and effort to learn the material, I might as well read it right? I love O chem, simple as that haha
jacalyn
Mar 07, 2007 jacalyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those without lives
i have a feeling this one will be on my shelf for a long long time. I keep finding myself drawn back to this book when life has taken me for a curve I just don't understand.
Guy
May 23, 2011 Guy rated it liked it
Shelves: science
Not as interesting as I thought it would be! I had higher hopes as I enjoyed general chemistry a lot. Chemistry seems so non-deterministic to me now; I think of it as being voodoo.
Gayathri Srinivasan
Gayathri Srinivasan rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2014
Drew Mendoza
Drew Mendoza rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Michael Gaudet
Michael Gaudet rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2014
Nisha
Nisha rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Zhanyang Li
Zhanyang Li rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2016
Mohammad Al
Mohammad Al rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2014
Miranda
Miranda rated it it was amazing
Jul 08, 2014
Mike Martinez
Mike Martinez rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2012
John  Ervin
John Ervin rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2009
Stephen
Stephen rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Uday Pathak
Uday Pathak rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Haris
Haris rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2014
Daniel Habbal
Daniel Habbal rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it did not like it
Feb 13, 2014
David
David rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2014
Sean
Sean rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2011
Larissa Uusitalo
Larissa Uusitalo rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
May 02, 2011
Sammi
Sammi rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2014
Ned Peneguy
Ned Peneguy rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Brandon
Brandon rated it liked it
May 13, 2013
Novy Cendian
Novy Cendian rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016