Start by marking “If Mama Goes South, We're All Going with Her” as Want to Read:
If Mama Goes South, We're All Going with Her

If Mama Goes South, We're All Going with Her

Here's an invigorating dose of hope for overcoming demands of motherhood without feeling physically and emotionally drained.
Published September 1st 2003 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published January 1st 1900)

To ask other readers questions about If Mama Goes South, We're All Going with Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If Mama Goes South, We're All Going with Her

Amy
Nov 09, 2010 Amy rated it really liked it
This book started out ho-hum, with an absurdly abundant and increasingly annoying usage of the Mama Going South metaphor. Then, delightfully, it progressed to a more focused, scripturally supported, useful tool in reminding us women to take care of the whole self.
Some things that will stick with me:

The power of our will, our ability to choose those things that align with God's will, lies
in exercising our faith to believe the things in God's Word. When I must do difficult things,
and I succee
Bonnie
Oct 03, 2010 Bonnie rated it really liked it
I liked that the focus of this book was how vital it is for a mom to keep her own cup filled so that she has something to give others. No lists of all the things we should be doing to be better moms/wives/women. It starts with the assumption that God loves you and you are good enough for the family He gave you(duh), now don't forget about YOU or you'll get used up pretty quick. Who doesn't need to hear that?

I definitely got the most out of the chapter on being spiritually filled and how we reall
Karen
Jun 17, 2008 Karen rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Any woman, especially those who may be experiencing a time of emptiness/dryness in their lives
Good book for any woman - not just moms. The book includes many good reminders, but has also expanded my way of thinking about certain things. I love the way she writes about God being a potter with an unlimited supply of clay. "In the hands of our master potter, we are wet clay that He can shape, change and INCREASE IN CAPACITY. He has an unlimited source of clay; He is always ready to reach into His endless storeroom and gift us with whatever size pot our growth requires." I also enjoyed the ...more
Slim
Aug 27, 2011 Slim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Everything the author handed down I knew, nothing new here. I will soon get over the guilt I currently feel for not being closer to God. Maybe that will be my one take away. That I clearly suck at being a Christian.
Jahque Sweeney-Hill
Dec 12, 2014 Jahque Sweeney-Hill rated it really liked it
Funny but a whole lot of truth! Reminder for all women ESPECIALLY MOM'S take care of yourself 1st!
Chanika
Apr 03, 2013 Chanika rated it really liked it
I was looking for some comic relief about motherhood. This book ended up being very spiritual and enlightening. Short and sweet. I really enjoyed it.
Livijasings
Livijasings rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2014
Tracey Kenn
Tracey Kenn rated it did not like it
Jun 10, 2010
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2008
Tabitha.westburygmail.com
Tabitha.westburygmail.com rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2015
Charlene
Charlene rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Terri
Terri rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2012
Heidi W.
Heidi W. rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2013
Vicki Barry
Vicki Barry rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Rosemary
Rosemary rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Evelyn Westbury
Evelyn Westbury rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2013
Rachel Wolff
Rachel Wolff rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2008
Adriann
Adriann marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2008
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2008
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2008
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2009
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2013
Joanna
Joanna added it
Jul 18, 2013
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Robin Eblin
Robin Eblin is currently reading it
Jun 24, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Sandra Lamb
Sandra Lamb marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015