Start by marking “The Way You Love Me” as Want to Read:
The Way You Love Me

The Way You Love Me (Grayson Friends #1)

Nothing gets to Shane Elliott. A former Army Ranger, now head of security for a wealthy real estate tycoon, Shane can handle whatever life throws at him—until he meets the beautiful, kindhearted Paige Albright. She’s about to inherit a fortune, and Paige’s mother has asked Shane to investigate her boyfriend. It should have been a simple, standard assignment for Shane…if

Published August 26th 2008 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Way You Love Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way You Love Me

Shawnette
Sep 02, 2008 Shawnette rated it it was amazing
Shane FINALLY Meets His Match

Okay...no it wasn't as HOT & SPICY as “Only You”, but it's still a GREAT BEGINNING to the “Grayson Friends” series. I was CAUGHT UP in Shane and Paige's journey to love. I ABSOLUTELY love the fact that they actually became friends before they became lovers. It's one of those romance novels that had me saying, “AWWWWW” out loud...LOL...and dabbing at a tear or two. So, even without the “HEAT” I thought Mrs. Ray still spun a sweet, sensual and charming romantic tr
Lakeisha
Apr 16, 2009 Lakeisha rated it it was amazing
Very good book. Couldn't put it down. The Grayson Novels are so good. Can't wait for another one to come out.
African Americans on the Move Book Club
Falling in love with someone you have to protect with your life isn't hard to do, even big bachelor Shane Elliot. Keeping your Desire from someone who you are close to everyday is not easy no matter how hard Paige Albright may try. In this Novel Paige's mother is living in fear that Paige will marry a gold digging man just because her father who recently passed liked him. So hires Shane to come and investigate Russell and help her daughter see the light. When an impromptu Flow of desire and awar ...more
Michelle Crawford
Oct 21, 2015 Michelle Crawford rated it it was amazing
Very nicely done. Another great love story for us hopeless romantics. What girl doesn't dream of her own Black Knight? Shane is every girls dream. Paige is so sweet. You can't help but hope for the best for these two.
Linda
Jun 03, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
Very sweet

Although they fell in love much to quick I did like how the passion ignited. Good read. I would recommend to friends. Romance and sizzle.
Carla
Jun 15, 2010 Carla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am giving this book five stars although it was my least favorite so far in the series. The book is well written, however I tend to judge a book on the characters and I could not stand Paige. I thought she was just so silly and naive and that always bothers me. I would not have chosen her for Shane but then again I am not the author just a reader emotionally invested in the series as some people are with their favorite tv show.

I recommend reading every book in the series starting with the Tagg
Ariana
Jun 13, 2016 Ariana rated it it was amazing
Swear I thought Shane was white. Any way I loved the book. But I hate women like Paige, your dad was a cheating abusing whore get over it. You aren't daddy's little girl grow up.
Carla
Aug 31, 2010 Carla rated it it was amazing
This is the story about Shane who was first introduced in Dreaming of You and whom we got to know a little bit better in Only You. The female in this book worked my nerves she was naive and kind of childish. She had these silly expectations of her mother and was pretty sheltered.

The books is quite good as always Mrs. Ray does not disappoint.
Crystal
Feb 24, 2015 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I secretly wish I could find the love of any of the men in one of these books. But until that happens I am content with just reading their stories and the fierce love they have for their friends, family and the women they fall in love with.
LC
Oct 19, 2012 LC rated it liked it
I couldn't wait to read Shane's book... But the chemistry took too long to develop. I just wanted them to get together already! If it hadn't taken so long it would have been a 4 star book but by the time they finally got together, the book was over!
Debbie
Nov 12, 2012 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Loved this story, always love a Grayson story, but the only problem I had was I wished Francis went more into Shane's upbringing, how he grew up and what lead him to Rio and Blade. That's all. Other than that, great love story!
Jacqueline
Mar 23, 2013 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
I love Shane he is a perfect gentleman. I have been enjoying this series. It's time for Rio to find his one true love.
Felice Foster
Mar 26, 2016 Felice Foster rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it. I've been waiting for Shane's story since Dreaming of You. This did not disappoint.
Kiexiza
Dec 30, 2008 Kiexiza rated it really liked it
just received the book from my AAMBC book club so im excited to get started
Leah drey perschke
Apr 01, 2008 Leah drey perschke rated it really liked it
it a book of romanctic stuff not my tipe of book but the cover made me read it
Tigger
Apr 03, 2016 Tigger rated it really liked it
Just love this story
Tima Kendrix
Tima Kendrix marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
Rosalyn
Rosalyn marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Jessika Gilblass
Jessika Gilblass marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Brittaney Joe
Brittaney Joe marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
April Wallace
April Wallace rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Ra-Nitta Hurtz
Ra-Nitta Hurtz marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Nikki
Nikki rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Kadiatou Sylla
Kadiatou Sylla rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
Tashae' Hedgespeth
Tashae' Hedgespeth rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2016
sraxe
sraxe marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Alicia Cosby
Alicia Cosby rated it it was amazing
Ganae
Ganae marked it as to-read
Jkfddd
Jkfddd marked it as to-read
  • Fire And Desire
  • Living Large
  • Deadly Sexy
  • A Whole Lotta Love
Died July 2, 2013.

Francis Ray was a New York Times and USA Today bestselling African-American writer of romance novels. Her literary fiction series – Taggart and Falcon, the Invincible Women, Grayson Family of New Mexico, and Grayson Friends – have consistently made bestseller's lists. She was born in Richland, Texas, and studied nursing, receiving a bachelor's degree from Texas Woman's University
More about Francis Ray...

Grayson Friends (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Nobody But You