Start by marking “Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales” as Want to Read:
Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales

Sales Dogs: You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales

3.85  ·  Rating Details ·  1,705 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
This text reveals how knowing the characteristics and interactions of the five basic breeds of people can help anyone improve their business and selling savvy. If different workers have the personality traits of different breed of digs then, says Blair Singer anyone can learn what their natural strengths and weaknesses are in order to achieve the best possible results.
Published June 1st 2001 by Warner Books (NY)

To ask other readers questions about Sales Dogs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sales Dogs

Vlad Trandafir
Aug 26, 2016 Vlad Trandafir rated it liked it
Ardee Aram
Jun 26, 2016 Ardee Aram rated it it was amazing
A very easy but insightful read to those interested in jumping into the world of sales, or already in sales but not aware of it. Most memorable take away for me is to embrace your own self and "breed". One does not need to change himself to be a sales superstar (a "BigDog") - one just needs to know himself well and work on those strengths and weaknesses.

Certainly one of the books that left an impression with me.
Christopher George
Jul 14, 2014 Christopher George rated it it was amazing
After starting a new job in sales picking up this book was very profitable for myself, and I'm happy that another co-worker recommended this one for me.

After reading the book I was able to make a better relation on the types of sales, and representatives that exist. This also granted me more capability in developing my own sales style, and Identifying my own ability's.

A definite recommend for any new sales consultants or advisors. It will be beneficial both on an information level and the uplif
Luis Alfredo Moctezuma
Siempre he pensado que el área de ventas no solo es “vender un producto o servicio”, como el libro menciona basta con convencer a alguien más sobre algo que nosotros pensamos para estar vendiendo YA. En lo personal me ha tocado estar en varias “Razas” pero lógicamente me identifico con un Chihuahua, un poco de Pit Bull cuando es necesario. Leyendo un poco esto se me vienen varias cosas a la mente, por ejemplo la filosofía de google que dice todos regresan a el porque los despacha muy rápido; en ...more
Aug 17, 2008 Lou rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Almost anyone
Shelves: non-fiction
Now that I'm FINALLY done with this book, I have to say it's not too shabby. There are better sales books out there but this one is a relatively easy read.

I recommend you read ch. 17 through to the end first, then start over at the beginning.

One distraction is that the book tends to wander back and forth between advising sellers and advising sales managers. I think he could have done a better job with two books.

The most appealing part of this book is that it distinguishes between people and the
Jose Magaña
Interesting book about the world of sales and how to approach it. Simple ideas and somehow recurring along all the book but worth reading anyhow.
The spanish translation is very poor, better to read in English.
Carlos Vázquez
Muy simple en mi opinión, tiene detalles que se valoran pero muy pocos. Un libro que pasa sin pena ni gloria, se vuelve tan repetitivo en ciertos aspectos como en las características de razas pero que no ahonda en detalles más específicos de las ventas.
Apr 11, 2016 Rob rated it liked it
Another solid guide from the Rich Dad series with great tips on selling techniques.
Scott Harrell
Sep 23, 2014 Scott Harrell rated it liked it
I "did" the audiobook. It was interesting and entertaining and now it's over.
Lulu He
Jun 27, 2016 Lulu He rated it it was ok
It is less helpful for me because the content is rather outdated
Feb 19, 2014 Glenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
Liked it even though I'm not primarily interested in sales work. As an aspiring entrepreneur, I do believe everyone has to do a little bit of sales in life. Two big nuggets harvested from the work. 1) You don't have to be a "bulldog" to be successful in sales. There are other styles for other personality types that are just a successful. 2) You can't coach yourself. This almost off-hand remark from the author struck a chord with me. Based on a lot of other self-improvement stuff I've read, I've ...more
Dec 17, 2014 Waseem rated it liked it
This was 'ok' and to give credit and put nicely...'not one of my fav' of Rich Dads training courses/programs, (am a big fan) perhaps I rate it low as I found it useful / commen sense ..or maybe am already advanced in this knowledge, more a newbie type of training for me,...and kinda confusing the way its taught which I found suprising compared to other style of teahcings of rich dad products,..but thats my opinion of course,..what dou YOU think..?

Waseem Mirza
Jap Hengky
Aug 28, 2015 Jap Hengky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When we were born, we already learnt to sell things. Sales dogs teach us to understand our prospect customers like a "dog". When i say dog, i don't mean in the rude way but in their loyalty and characteristic like a pet dog. Each everyone of us share different emotion and characteristic. That is depend on us to control our emotion. It depends on how we acknowledge ourself and control our emotion.
roland zoe
Mar 02, 2016 roland zoe rated it liked it
Buku ini mengupas 5 jenis anjing penjual (marketing secara umum), dan mendefenisikannya berdasarkan cara-cara mereka menjual dan berhadapan dengan konsumen. Dari jenis yang garang sampai kepada jenis yang berkelas atas.

Buku ini membantu membongkar potensi-potensi dari masing-masing anjing untuk menjadi penjual super sesuai dengan karakter masing-masing.
Personality traits of sales people as it relates to breeds of dogs. Okay, that's kind of funny, and I saw myself in a few of them.

Overall, so-so book, but there wasn't that much I personally didn't already know. I really enjoyed the reminder about keeping your emotions in check, as sales has highs and lows, and you've got to just keep moving forward.
This is a great book for not only those who are interested in sales. It is really a book about understanding the different types of people. It is an easy-to-read and entertaining read. If you want to understand and motivate people, or you want to be a sales person, you will enjoy this book.

Yvette (hooked on the nook)
I was looking for some tips for improving sales techniques as this is an important aspect of business. This book was not very helpful and did not give me anything new to incorporate. Disappointing!
Troy Kuhn
Jan 21, 2008 Troy Kuhn rated it liked it
If you work in sales this is a nice overview of the various personalities you may come across and some of the characteristics of those personalities.
Jul 12, 2009 Janice rated it liked it
A little light in the information area. If you have had any sales training you heard or read most of this before.
Felipe Poblete
Aug 02, 2011 Felipe Poblete is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Cosas que ya habia visto , es muy bueno para armarse un ejercito de vendedores ;)
May 27, 2013 Connie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent book for identifying the skills sets of people working in any business.
Jan 13, 2010 Teryl rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
Useful, fun way of looking at sales people. We use the ideas in our sales department.
Easy read, simple to understand. Just for casual reading is ok
Jan 05, 2013 David rated it it was amazing
great book, too bad I've lost mine. might need to by another one.
Aug 31, 2012 Arvind rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book for people who would like to know more about SALES
Bagus Briliana
Jul 15, 2010 Bagus Briliana rated it it was amazing
jadi tau karakter orang2 yg dagang. keren nih.
Hamed Taghvaei
Jun 03, 2015 Hamed Taghvaei rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: success
a good book for starter sales man.
Aug 02, 2013 Jake rated it it was amazing
Great book and very motivational.
How to read this book online?
Jul 03, 2013 Quocuongvl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
sao doc dc day ???
  • Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job: 10 Real-Life Lessons Every Entrepreneur Should Know About Building a Multimillion-Dollar Business (Rich Dad's (Paperback))
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • Rich Dad's Advisors: Guide to Investing In Gold and Silver: Everything You Need to Know to Profit from Precious Metals Now
  • Real Estate Loopholes: Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investing
  • Loopholes of the Rich: How the Rich Legally Make More Money and Pay Less Tax
  • Trump 101: The Way to Success
  • Rich Woman: A Book on Investing for Women, Take Charge Of Your Money, Take Charge Of Your Life
  • Trump Strategies for Real Estate: Billionaire Lessons for the Small Investor