Start by marking “Esquire Party Book: For Entertaining Around the Clock” as Want to Read:
Esquire Party Book: For Entertaining Around the Clock

Esquire Party Book: For Entertaining Around the Clock

Hundreds of party ideas: simple, lavish, gourmet, outlandish and practical for entertaining anyone at any time during the day and through the night. Ingenious food and drink ideas. A thousand and one wise and witty hints on how to have a wonderful time yourself as you provide it for your guests.
Published 1965 by Esquire, Inc.-Harper & Row

To ask other readers questions about Esquire Party Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Esquire Party Book

Daniel
Feb 02, 2008 Daniel rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Esquire's drink books
This '60s iteration of Esquire's drink books is definitely inferior to 1949's "Esquire's Handbook for Hosts" and 1956's "Esquire Drink Book," which is my personal favorite, but its poor reputation is a bit undeserved. Sure, it pales in comparison to the other two, but if those didn't exist, this one would be the one everyone raved about. No need to seek this one out -- find the other two first -- but if you happen to find it at a used bookstore or yard sale, it's worth a look.
Cindy
Aug 16, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it
What a find at a used bookstore for $5! 1965 edition, great illustrations by Seymour Chwast, a smoking jacket voice to the writing, and tons of common sense advice. I bought it for a gift but I may have to keep it.

The recipes are in small type and laid out in a slightly difficult format, but the general writing is the thing here, not the recipes. They're all solid enough but not the point. Party on.
Du
Nov 23, 2012 Du rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This was a fun concept and seems campy, though I'm sure it was not written as such in the 1960's. There are some fun ideas and some classic recipes, which I can see trying out.
Adrijan Alispahić
Adrijan Alispahić rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2016
Karen rated it liked it
May 26, 2013
Natalia Ciolko
Jun 26, 2015 Natalia Ciolko rated it liked it
I like these old fashioned party books! I'm keeping my copy for reference.
Annsem
Annsem added it
May 25, 2012
Ismael Schonhorst
Ismael Schonhorst marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
Corey
Corey marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
Julian Patton
Julian Patton marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Marie Dayton
Marie Dayton marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Alison
Alison added it
Dec 27, 2014
Neil Juppenlatz
Neil Juppenlatz marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016