Start by marking “Dalton (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dalton (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #4)

Dalton (Mistress & Master of Restraint #4)

For the past four years, Dalton Fontaine Marconi has been living incognito as Dalton Thompson. After his grandfather’s murder, Dalton’s self-preservation led him to Dominion, New York.

As Restraint’s resident antagonist, Dalton has been doing his mother’s bidding. Olivia Fontaine always wants something from someone, and she always uses her son to get it. In order to deal w
Kindle Edition, 1
Published October 27th 2015 by Wicked Reads (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dalton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dalton

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
All aboard! This story is filled with one train wreck after another.

Seriously. Just get it over.

In this latest MMR, we finally learn about Dalton. I hated Dalton. He was a complete asshole and I'm sure he's the fucking mole.

I would happily

Then I read from his side of the story. Then reading through this book, it makes the reader question. When the big reveal occurs. It's a big kick to the balls.

His Master made him do what?

What kind of Master is this? A FUCKING BAD ONE! Good Lord have mercy I
Kent
Apr 18, 2015 Kent rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Donna J
Shelves: adult, kindle-books
If you thought it couldn't get any more bizarre and fucked up than it is in the Zeitler family just wait until you get to meet Dalton's loving parents. Dalton's loving mother takes bizarre and fucked up to new levels. I thought I was done with this series because I have a problem with the Master hierarchy and the way the masters at the top abuse their power, but my friend Donna J convinced me to keep going and holy shit am I glad I kept going. Once I got started in this book I couldn't put it ...more
Cassie
Jul 08, 2012 Cassie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We get a glimpse and little snippets of Dalton in the other books, but we finally get to know who the REAL Dalton is and his story. You will be pleasantly surprised and pleased. Dalton takes you on a roller coaster of emotion's and you will maybe find your self like I did, following his emotions throughout your reading. I was sucked in the minute I started reading, wanting to know what was really going on. I found myself cringing while getting glimpse in his past, and laughing out loud while ...more
Christina
well what can I say?! Hot! hot! Once again another completely captivating awesome book in this series! I loved this one. I loved Dalton...his story was so sad yet he became a very strong character. I love how these books always amaze me and I am in shock most of the time. I love how there is always a shocker at the end of the book and the next one continues where it left off. I feel sad that this is the last one released so far. These characters feel like my family and friends...and that I am ...more
Sarina Asheford
Jul 07, 2012 Sarina Asheford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing continuation of the Master and Mistress of Restrain series. I was lucky enough to be a beta reader and as usual she just blew me away! Ms. Chilson gets to the deep down, nitty gritty part of a person and rips it out into the light.

This story was more than a little bit dark and explored areas that most of us probably don't think of when it comes to BDSM, but the humanity and the feelings behind each action saves it from being dark and twisted just for shock value.
Kris
Jul 06, 2012 Kris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Dalton was fantastic! dark & disturbing but captivating!! Emotions ran the gamut on this one from disgusted, sad & depressed to erotic and triumphant. a must read! Chilson has set up Daltons dark world for us excellently, i was knee deep into this book & couldn't put it down till the end.

Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!

Please make sure the bar is secured securely across your lap as we’re going on a bumpy roller coaster ride! You will be up, you will be down, you will cry, you will be pissed and most of all you will fall in love with Dalton!

Erica Chilson continues to weave a story that is so dark and twisted it’s wonder anyone could survive, must less turn out remotely normal. And when I say remotely normal, I mean not serial killer! These stories are so dark, twisted, and full of OMG! WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPE
Dee
OMG what a trip that was!! I loved this story and hung on to every word. There is no way you can skim read any of the books in this series they are so complex, dark and beautifully f'd up.

My heart broke for Dalton and what the poor man had been through! I was so happy he finally found love I even found myself reading the MM scenes, something I am not normally a fan of!!

Then the 'mole' was finally revealed....nope didn't see that coming. The way the author wrote that in was pure genius, IMO!

NB: T
ItsyBitsy
Not a stand alone. Dalton has a twisted story. He and Pretty Boy are one hot freakin couple.
Panty drencher if you're into M/M!!
Dalton's been messed up and tortured by his family but he's still a fighter - and he's beautiful!
With Dalton, you also get a lot of Pretty Boy!! Win-win!! I am loving the M & M of Restraint Series and Erica Chilson is a great storyteller. Ready for the next installment.
Amber Detjens
Nov 25, 2015 Amber Detjens rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, signed-books
I LOVED this book! I didn't know how I would feel about some scenes in it, But I had no problem with them at all. I can't wait for the next book to come out!! I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend all these books by Erica Chilson, She is a great up and coming author!
Bec
Jul 20, 2012 Bec rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really didn't think I'd like this I was thinking why would I want to read about Dalton? he's an asshat. Was I ever wrong!
Shauntise
Sep 25, 2014 Shauntise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3x-romance
aww my poor Dalton. When mentioned in the other books I knew he wasn't he complete ass and I knew there was more to his story. completly surprised! I cringed when he over stepped his bounds with Monica and insulted Kat. I had to keep reminding myself that it would get better for Dalton, that he would get his revenge from the blood sucking vampire and he and Isty Bitsy would be free. (view spoiler) ...more
Billi
Nov 20, 2015 Billi rated it it was amazing
ARC from author for honest review.
Holy Crap! Ok, so first of all, make sure that you read the first three books in this series before you read this one! And if you read Dexter, then you know that Dalton is a complete as*… jerk! So when I saw that he had his own book… well, lets just say that I wasn’t too happy about that! Then I got to reading. All the problems that happen in Dexter have come over into this book and we finally get to see how things were handled and resolved (somewhat). The Maîtr
Kristen
Nov 03, 2015 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, Dalton. I have to say, for the first few books in the series I absolutely hated Dalton. He was a complete and total a-hole! Now, however, I have a drastically different opinion. Dalton had gotten more twisted abuse and mind games played on him than any character I have ever read about. I feel for him and cried for him throughout this book.

In Dalton, we find out more about the twisted lives of the residents of Restraint while they try to
G
Nov 10, 2015 G rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Explosive,as more secrets and revelations rock the members of Restrain. The club is being renovated and we finally get Dalton’s story. So much pain in his story, the abuse he’s suffered, the lies the untruth, the mystery all comes out. Nothing is as it seems in this book. The family founders of Dominion are seriously all screwed up. As we get Dalton’s story we see him fall in love for the first time, out himself in more ways than one and finally get a chance to heal. We also find out the members ...more
Billi
Dec 22, 2015 Billi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ARC from author for honest review.
Mary Mooney
Oct 11, 2013 Mary Mooney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WOW, what else can I say. This one was more emotional for me than the first three. I wanted to beat the crap out of Olivia and Tony (Dalton's mother and father) for using Dalton as a pawn in their game of life that was controlled by Pierre (Dalton's grandfather). All the while Dalton was trying to help his mother figure out who was feeding information to Adelaide to write her books. He is being used, abused, whore out and not given the love he deserved. He has to act as an asshole and try to get ...more
Kitten
*5 Stars*

WE HAVE A WINNER.
Oh how I loved this book.

It was heartbreaking. It was dark. It was emotional.
Have a talk with your heart before starting this book because there are some scenes that are heart wrenching and you NEED to be ready.

I hated Dalton in the previous books in the series. He came across as an obnoxious asshole but in this book, it explains his side of the story. The whole 'Never judge a book by it's cover' works perfectly for Daltons story.

The darkness scale in this book is
Christy
Apr 21, 2013 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erica has out paced her 1st books very quickly. I found an author who is not scared to embraces her characters. no matter their sexual kink. And she hinds her villains in plain site,I love that. Dalton takes you on a path that is in many ways more painful that dear Katya. From Dexter book I wanted to HATE him. I now walk away from this book proud of him, and had to wipe tears from eyes for the sins that were committed to him. Dalton is not what I expected in the least and I love loved this book. ...more
Kate
Mar 12, 2016 Kate rated it it was amazing
Here we have the 4th installment of the M&M of restraint series which puts the focus more on Dalton this time around. He comes off as a jackoff ( but more of a bad word) but it's only his cover. He puts a whole new meaning to the saying what you see is not what you always get. he has to hide who he truly is to please others around him while trying to not lose himself in the process which he comes close to a few times. We get a more in-depth look at why he is the way he is and what he had to ...more
S.M. Harshell
May 02, 2013 S.M. Harshell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG can I just say when I saw this was the next book in the series I was disappointed, after reading the last 3 I didn’t want to read about such an ass. I was wondering how Erica was going to make a whole book on his character. But I seriously LOVED it. I was hooked from the first chapter. Dalton is such an ass to to get into his head and see all the pain and shame he is holding within, the darkness from his father, the strictness from his Master. I loved getting to see how Ezra/Cortez/Kat and ...more
Candice
I can not get enough of this series. This is the 4th installment and in my eyes they just keep getting better.

To be honest, I was skeptical of Dalton's book. I hated him in the previous books. HATED HIM! Then, I found the real Dalton and now I love him. Emo Dalton, that's for sure. Wow. My heart was breaking for him while reading. I cringed while reading some of the stuff that he's gone through. Made me sick to my stomach.

Don't get me wrong while this book was deep, dark, and heavy it was stil
Jodi Mcknight
Nov 05, 2015 Jodi Mcknight rated it it was amazing
This book had me from chapter 1 till the end!!!! After the way Dexter ended I hated Dalton and didn't understand why he was an asshole! Well this book made me love him! Once I learned why he did what he did I respected him for his loyalty and trying to help. I couldn't get enough of him and Whitt so hot! I love the connection they have and cant wait to see if it grows in the books to come! This is a must read! I just love Erica Chilson and if you haven't read any book from her you def need to do ...more
Kris
Nov 03, 2015 Kris rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I just re-read this novel after author re-writes. It's even more amazing the second time around! Dalton is full of self loathing and deep emotions by a tortured man stuck between warring mob families. Being torn between his mother and father he's absolutely a pawn in the game. Finally breaking free of his tyrant master, Dalton is free to finally love, himself and someone else.
The sparks fly when Whitt and Dalton finally break their bonds and
come together. Amazing chemistry! Completely enjoyed
Deborah
Of the four books released so far, Dalton is not my favorite in terms of storyline, but he might very well be one of my favorite characters. Dalton's life, from birth, is full of conflict and it seems like he's never had a chance to step back, refocus, and gain control of his life on his own. His mother, "father," and fellow masters all have such a strong influence - and he's certainly under a ton of pressure. I can't wait to see how Dalton's character weaves into the ongoing pieces!
NaughtyPJ
Jan 09, 2016 NaughtyPJ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, favorite-author
Dalton, there is indeed more to you then surface appeal. "The Game" is f'in amazing! We don't know what is what, we just know shit is definitely going down and Dalton and Pretty Boy are simply to gorgeous to put down. Loved this books and I simply do not think that I'll be able to put this series down!

Don't forget hard copies are now available!
Sisi
Jul 25, 2012 Sisi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The continuing story in this saga now about Dalton, I must say I was a little disappointed in. I personally found the story just didn't flow as smoothly as the other 3 books and I found myself having difficulty getting into the lead character Dalton and his underlying story all linked to Restraint. But I enjoyed the 3 previous books so forced myself to finish.
Sherry Bohrmueller
Nov 14, 2015 Sherry Bohrmueller rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

I have to say I think I enjoyed the first two books the most. This book will have your head spinning. With more twists and turns you don't expect.
The writing was amazing, you just get pulled into this story and can't stop reading.
You have to be able to read a very dark story in order to enjoy it.
Robin Brister
Nov 07, 2015 Robin Brister rated it really liked it
It took me a bit to actually get into this book, but once I was in, I was hooked. I did not want to put it down for any reason. Dalton was full of twists, turns and surprises I never saw coming. I greatly enjoy a book that keeps me on my toes. The best short description of Dalton is nothing is ever as it seems.
  • Safeword Davenport (Safeword, #3)
  • Bind and Keep Me (Pierced Hearts, #2)
  • The Taming of Red Riding (A BDSM Fairy Tale)
  • Tempered by Fire (Angel Bound #1)
  • Bend Me Over (Hawkeye, #2)
  • Red
  • Beyond the Edge (The James Lucas Trilogy, #1)
  • Tasting Pleasure (Pleasure, #1)
  • Lethal Limits (Spy Games, #2)
  • Erica's Choice
  • Truth (Finding Anna #3)
  • The Wild Side of Paddy McGuire (Tales from the Wild Side)
  • Club Mephisto (Club Mephisto, #1)
  • Consequences (The Flesh Cartel #4)
  • Guilty Pleasures
  • Safeword (Power Exchange, #2)
  • My Body-His (Marcello) (My Body Trilogy, #2)
  • FrankenDom
Erica Chilson does not write in the 3rd person, wanting her readers to be her characters. Therefore, writing a bio about herself, is uncomfortable in the extreme.

Born, raised, and here to stay, the Wicked Writer is a stump-jumper, a ridge-runner. Hailing from North Central Pennsylvania, directly on the New York State border; she loves the changes in seasons, the humid air, all the mountainous for
More about Erica Chilson...

Mistress & Master of Restraint (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Restraint (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #1)
  • Unleashed (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #2)
  • Dexter (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #3)
  • Jaded (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #5)
  • Queened (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #6)
  • Checkmate (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #7)
  • King (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #8)
  • Faithless (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #9)
  • The Hunter (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #10)
  • Integrated (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #11)

“Cassie,” I growl at the young brunette. “How’s the sobriety?”
Alex brought the submissive to us. She’s an addict that he councils at Transcend. I don’t want to be mean to her right now, especially since my best friend brought her here, but I’m furious and she’s an outlet. She can’t strike back.
“Ninety days sober,” she says with pride.
“That’s awesome,” I say enthusiastically and smile at her. “I love how we have to give fuck ups a medal when they behave. I would think it should go to those who never fuck up. What’s the incentive to behave if all you have to do is get shit-faced and steal shit for years and then ninety days on the straight-and-narrow we have to pat you on the back for being a good girl,” I say in a saccharine voice.
She gazes at me with huge, glassy brown eyes. I can see the tears forming. Cassie worries her full bottom lip between her teeth and tries not to blink.
“But hey, what do I know. It just seems like the system is flawed. The good little boys and girls just don’t get the recognition that a crack-whore thief gets,” I shrug.
Cassie blinks and the surface of her tears breaks and they finally slide down her cheeks in shame.
“But go you!” I shout sarcastically. I give her a thumbs up and walk down the hall.
“Cold… that was just cold, dude,” Alex chuckles at me.
That was so bad that I have to laugh or I’d puke. I shake my head as my belly contracts from laughter.
“Score on my newest asshattery?” I ask my partner in crime. If I didn’t have him I’d scream. I’ll owe Master Marcus forever. He stripped me bare until Font was naked in the impact room at Brownstone I trained in. Alex walked in and shook my hand- instant best friend.
“Ah…” He taps his chin in thought and the bastard tucks his black hair behind his ear. I growl at him because he did it on purpose. He knows how much I miss the feel of my hair swinging at my jawline.
Alex arches a perfect brow above his aqua eye and smirks. He runs his hands through his hair and groans in pleasure.
“8.5. It was a decent attempt, but you pulled your hit. You’re too soft. I bet you were scared you’d make her relapse.”
“Yeah,” I say bashfully.
“Not happening, bud. I’m just that fucking good. I better go do some damage control. Don’t hurt any more subs. Pick on the big bastards. They may bite back, but their egos are delicate.”
1 likes