Judy Moody: Around The World In 8 1/2 Days (Book #7)

Judy Moody: Around The World In 8 1/2 Days (Judy Moody #7)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  1,932 ratings  ·  94 reviews
Reissued in a way-cool paperback design!

Judy Moody cannot believe her ears. There at the lunch table, a girl called Amy Namey is interviewing Judy's best friends, Rocky and Frank. Even worse, Amy is dressed like Nellie Bly, daredevil woman reporter, much like Judy's emulation of a certain woman doctor. Is this clipboard-carrying girl destined to be Judy's new best enemy? O...more
Published January 26th 2010 by Candlewick (first published 2006)

Elizabeth
So, Judy Moody is in the classroom and this girl appeared when she was sitting next to her best friends and she was a reporter and she said, "What would you like for lunch?" And two of Judy Moody's best friends chose pizza, but SHE chose French Toast. And so, she said, "Check!" And Judy Moody said to her friends, "You can't have pizza every day of the week," because they said they wanted pizza every day of the week! And the reporter said, "Why not? My mom knows the lunch ladies!" And so she said...more
Sara
Steven R. McEvoy
Jody Moody is awesome! I love her character, and her interactions with her friends and her family. The books in this series will make you laugh and look at the world a little differently. This book is a little different from most in the series, as it really focuses more closely on just Judy. There is a little less interaction with her family and her friends than in the other 6 books I have read in this series.

Read the whole review on my blog Book Reviews and More.
Juan-Diego
I thought that this book was funny because when Judy was doing the tarantella dance Judy was making funny faces, she made funny faces because she was dizzy from doing the tarantella dance. The dance is a spider dance Judy had to do 8 movements at the same time. Why did Stink, Rocky, Frank, and Jessica play the tarantella music fast? How did Judy make the worlds biggest pizza? Who put put JM made of gum on the alley wall? Why does Amy say wierd stuff like "check!" all the time?

Who made Amy's club...more
Aitali63
In the first part the teacher tells the class that they have to do a report on one of the places Nellie Bly went.Judy Moody gets Italy with her friends Frank, Rocky, and Jessica Finch.Judy soon finds out that her class is doing the project with another tird grade class.One day when she was eating lunch and a girl came to the table to ask her friends on the opinion of pizza.She didn't like the girls because the girl just ignored her.So she decided not to be friends with her.But that night when w...more
Twyla
Ashley Laguer
This book is about a girl name Judy moody she is a third grader and her name rhymes everything about her is that everything rhymes when she met the new girl she couldn't stand her because she does the same thing that Judy moody does. It took place at a school were all her real got mad when at first she didn't like Amy namey and the reason why frank and rocky and the other kids couldn't it was because their names didn't rhyme and they just did other things without Judy moody and she has felt sorr...more
Michelle. D.
I loved the all Judy Moody books when I was kid! They were always so adventurous and interesting. Megan really knows hot to write books for kids withour making them too complicated or too easy. The illustrations are really good to. When I was a kid, I would always try to draw and recreate the pictures. I really love Judy's cat, Mouse?,. It's just that he's? always there randomly.Stink was amazing character too. Smart and funny. I find it hilarious that a parent would name there kid Stink. I love...more
babyhippoface
The spunky title character faces friendship problems when buddies Rocky & Frank become frustrated with Judy’s over-the-top admiration for new girl Amy Namey. Tension builds when Judy neglects her duties in a classroom project on nations of the world in order to spend more time with Amy. With humor and energy, McDonald has once again zeroed in on typical third-grade emotions and reasoning, ensuring the popularity of this entertaining 7th book in the series. Characters’ involvement with the “M...more
Tanja
Judy Moody meets her match in Amy Namey, a new girl who not only has a rhyming name like she does but also many other things like her. Is she just copying her? Does Judy have a new enemy or the chance to find a wonderful new friend with whom to share all of her passions? Things get even more complicated when Judy's "old" friends suddenly feel neglected. Will this affect their class work for the Around-the-World project? Life is never boring when you are around Judy Moody (and her brother Stink)...more
librarian4Him02
Plot: Judy makes a new friend has a brief falling out with her old friend, and then has to work with them on a school project. Will they finish their project on time, or will they disappoint their classmates who are counting on them.

Why I picked it up: I needed a short book to reach my goal of 50 books in a year. Plus, I've been wanting to try them for awhile.

Why I kept reading: It boosted me on my way to 50 books.

In the end: As with the previous Judy Moody book I reviewed, I'm glad I decided to...more
Aisyah Nassim
this book is speactacular its like knowing a book like around the world in 81/2 days
Jj Le
Judy Moody around the world...is crazy lol. She always adds a spin to anything that's meant to be serious or important lol. I enjoyed reading this book. It was very funny, and different. I hate it's one more book in te series. But I wanted to read Judy Moody brother series. And I pray it's as interesting as this book was.

Judy Moody is a very funny, entertaing and exciting. But I would compare her book to the Lemony Snicket series. So if you enjoy Lemony Snickett your defintaly enjoy Judy Moody a...more
Nancy
My first Judy Moody. Very cute character with lots of pizazz. Fun book to read. I can see why third graders and younger would love this series. Judy's best friends are Rocky and Frank. In this story she meets Amy Namey, a girl in the other third grade who is so much like her it's almost scary. But, her old friends are threatened by her new friendship. Fun and learning happens when they all try to team up to go around the world in 8 and 1/2 days for a school social studies project.
Rebekah
I love Judy Moody. I think she is awesome and I think that lots of people will like her too
Debbie
#7 in the Judy Moody series.

Judy meets the new girl at school and they have a lot in common. Suddenly, Judy doesn't feel so special anymore. At first she hates Amy Namey, but soon they become friends. Unfortunately, Judy neglects her old friends. Can Judy overcome the hurt feelings and bring ALL of her friends together?

Another quick and easy read that captures the humor and drama of life in 3rd grade.
Libertary Anne
Picked it up because the kids are newly obsessed with the series. It was a cute book. Judy Moody is a quirky kid who comes up against a similarly quirky kid and opts for friendship rather than jealousy. She learns a lesson in not neglecting old friendships as well.
Early chapter book readers will probably be occupied for a week or more. Higher level readers could zip through it in a couple of hours.
Angie
reading this with my 8 yr old :)

And we had lots of fun reading it together! We now also have a few book-related inside jokes that the rest of the family miss.

The story was cute, made us laugh, and was very age appropriate. The author was clever enough to stick in some disguised education as well. My daughter is already asking to read another one.
Kyra
I own most of the Judy Moody series. This book is one my favorites in the series. It teaches you about friendship. Judy meets a new girl, who she thinks will be her worst enemy, but she actually becomes one of her best friends. Judy joins the My Name Is A Poem club, makes Pickle Trickle bubble gum, and sees the school's largest pizza! It's very exciting!
Cherese Vines
Feb 23, 2012 Cherese Vines rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ages 6+
Shelves: children
Cute children's book. My six-year-old daughter enjoyed it and laughed a lot. The author has a gift for getting into the mindsets of younger children. I think I would have to take an aspirin by the time my children got finished arguing like the ones in this book. But they argue in an amusing way. The author captures this age well.
Sophie
The Judy Moody series is a timeless classic that teaches our children confidence, loyalty, adventure, passion, and more necessary characteristics. I can say that this was my favorite Judy Moody book out of the entire series.

I do recommend you to read this book no matter your age, its never too late to learn new things.
Dolly
We enjoyed this book in the Judy Moody series. It was about friendship and learning about different cultures. Our girls have really enjoyed these stories and even though we are reading the books out of order, I'm sure we'll look for more in this series.
Anne
Cute book. Abby is newly obsessed with the series. This book kept her occupied for about a week, as a reader in the target reading level. Kai polished it off in an evening, as a 5th grade level reader.
Good information in the book, and a lesson to not abandon or neglect old friendships.
Angria
It is crazy funny as ever. Judy Moody has done it again, getting herself in-and-out of trouble, Judy-Moody way. I got cracked up by her childlike innocence and her sense of un-humorous humor. A nice cosy read for me. And oh, I am all white-red-and-green in love with pastas and pizzas!
Elaine
Judy Moody series is fun and light read.. This 7th book has a lot to it, lessons learned about friendship and forgiveness. Oh we all know how kids are right. That Name Rhyme thing reminds me of the song Name Game from the 80's hahaha... I still want that grouchy pencils hihi.
Le-li Hollins
Nov 04, 2011 Sarah rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: to anyone who likes teen drama or action

I liked this book but I was kind of upset because all of the Judy Blume books were so active and exciting and this book wasn't so much active and exciting as I hoped it would have been but this book was a very nice book. I love all Judy Blume books. :)
Theresa
my daughter's favorite this is a popular book series for young girls in elementary school they feel a connection with a girl who has sibling rivalry and working through the difficulty of going to school and getting along
Skylar Pemberton
I think this book is so funny! I loved the part when Judy's friends get mad at her and then she has to do a dance by herself. However, the dance requires 8 legs so she may fail or she may get the best grade ever.
did the movies even match the book? 4 4 Aug 15, 2012 12:07PM
judy moody 1 10 Nov 23, 2007 08:58AM
  • Junie B., First Grader: Aloha-ha-ha! (Junie B. Jones, #26)
  • Ivy and Bean Take Care of the Babysitter (Ivy and Bean, #4)
  • The Talented Clementine (Clementine, #2)
  • Amber Brown Sees Red
  • Still Just Grace (Just Grace, #2)
  • Grace the Glitter Fairy (Rainbow Magic, #17; Party Fairies, #3)
"Sometimes I think I am Judy Moody," says Megan McDonald, author of the Judy Moody series, the Stink series, and THE SISTERS CLUB. "I'm certainly moody, like she is. Judy has a strong voice and always speaks up for herself. I like that."

For Megan McDonald, being able to speak up for herself wasn't always easy. She grew up as the youngest of five sisters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Her father, an...more
More about Megan McDonald...
Judy Moody (Judy Moody, # 1) Judy Moody Gets Famous! (Judy Moody, #2) Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid (Stink, #1) Judy Moody Saves The World! (Judy Moody, #3) Judy Moody, M.D.: The Doctor is In! (Judy Moody #5)