Start by marking “Every Thought Captive: Battling the Toxic Belifs That Separate Us from the Life We Crave” as Want to Read:

Women can struggle with tormenting thoughts about their relationships and identity while dealing with thoughts of shame and guilt. Every Thought Captive explores the unique nature of the female mind and examines the sources of fears and stress.

Drawing from personal experiences, including struggles with eating disorders and depression, best-selling author Jerusha Clark shar
Published March 9th 2006 by Th1nk Books (first published February 23rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Every Thought Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Thought Captive

Jul 10, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've read.
Every woman should read it!!
Debbie
Jan 04, 2010 Debbie rated it it was amazing
"Every Thought Captive" is an excellent book for women who have self-worth issues, who have trouble with worry/anxiety, forgiveness, envy, lust, eating habits or body issues, depression, those who crave acceptance from others, and those who get trapped into extreme business or fall into apathy. The author covers problems, some common to everyone, but from a distinctly female perspective.

She shared stories of women who struggle with or have struggled with these issues. She then identified the roo
gina
I listened to this audiobook while cleaning and I'll be honest with you, I didn't hear every word. I zoned out sometimes. Part of this is because I was doing tasks, but the other reason is because the author read it and while her writing is clear and powerful, I don't think it is her calling to read her own books. But a lot of authors don't like how their books "sound" when read by others. They feel the vibe changes, or it's open to misinterpretation because it isn't being read right. Maybe some ...more
Lynn
Jul 06, 2015 Lynn rated it it was amazing
Jerusha is a breath of fresh air. She expresses common christian teachings in her own well-expressed words, making them highly applicable. Her voice is a joy to listen to--articulate, smooth, professional, yet authentic. I'd like to hear many more from her.
Catherine
Aug 25, 2010 Catherine rated it liked it
I struggle to not give the book 4 stars. The areas that I related to were very affective. There were parts of the book that didn't do much for my spirtual growth, but that was probably because they just weren't the areas I struggle with at this time in my life.
Lauren Voeltz
Sep 15, 2007 Lauren Voeltz added it
Recommends it for: Women
Shelves: alreadyread
This is about the lies that women believe and what the truth is. It tells about what God really thinks of us and how to get our thoughts more focused on him and on our assurance of salvation and freedom than on the negative thoughts that satan tries to bind us with.
Brynna Schiller
Mar 13, 2013 Brynna Schiller rated it it was ok
like so many books for christian women... this book was difficult to drag myself through. :( Why are Christian women so pathetic. I seriously do not believe that is the attitude God designed us to suffer as if it is a brand of exalted submission. blah
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Deb Flint
Deb Flint is currently reading it
Sep 21, 2016
Gayle Vegter
Gayle Vegter rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
jasemine henriquez
jasemine henriquez rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
Ruth E. R.
Ruth E. R. marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Christin Weiskircher
Christin Weiskircher rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
Jessica Gillies
Jessica Gillies marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Elizabeth Bragan
Elizabeth Bragan rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Megan Whitesell
Megan Whitesell marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Beth Starr
Beth Starr rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Heathy
Heathy rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Shirley Gauldin
Shirley Gauldin marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Teresa Banks
Teresa Banks marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Christine Holton
Christine Holton marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Camille Wong
Camille Wong rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2016
Brad Back
Brad Back rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Love Yourself And Let The Other Person Have It Your Way
  • The Art of Asking: Ask Better Questions, Get Better Answers
  • Joseph: A Man of Integrity and Forgiveness (Great Lives from God's Word, #3)
  • The Book of Romance: What Solomon Says about Love, Sex and Intimacy
  • Hear No Evil: Marching in the Lord's Army, Fleeing the Devil, and Finding a Righteous Groove
  • The Choice Effect: Love and Commitment in an Age of Too Many Options
  • The Baron's Apprenticeship
  • Weigh Down Diet
  • Captivating: A Guided Journal: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul
  • The First Drop of Rain
  • Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus: How the Jewishness of Jesus Can Transform Your Faith
  • The Message SOLO: An Uncommon Devotional
  • The Gutter: Where Life Is Meant to Be Lived
  • Age Smart: Discovering the Fountain of Youth at Midlife and Beyond
  • Good to Great in God's Eyes: 10 Practices Great Christians Have in Common
  • The Language of Love and Respect: Cracking the Communication Code with Your Mate
  • Walking in the Dust of Rabbi Jesus: How the Jewish Words of Jesus Can Change Your Life
  • The Art of Forgiving