Start by marking “By Love Refined” as Want to Read:
By Love Refined

By Love Refined

What to do when the honeymoon is over. This remarkable book shows couples how to transform stumbling blocks in their marriage into stepping stones of love. It reveals the beauty and importance of high ideals and offers practical tips to help couples live up to those ideals daily.
Published June 1st 1997 by Sophia Institute Press (first published February 1989)

To ask other readers questions about By Love Refined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about By Love Refined

Juliana Lira
What a lovely book! If I could, I'd give this book to ever single newly married that I know and even my single female friends!

That are a lot of precious advices from someone who knows very well about the subject. Even I'm not married myself (not yet at least rs) I found it very helpful for my relationships with my loved ones at home. Pretty sure I will read this book again if I get married in the future :)
Cornelius Pulung
This is my first encounter with Lady Alice in her books, though I already read some of her articles. Well, this is the most beautiful book I've ever read about love and relationship. Although it is written from woman perspective and the context is marriage life, but as a man who is in a relationship with my lovely girlfriend, I received many spiritual benefits as if from my spiritual mother. Alice exercises her spiritual motherhood in a loving, warmth, and tender way. She really knows how to cor ...more
Jen
Aug 20, 2009 Jen rated it it was amazing
I just picked this up again the other day to re-read it. I love reading Alice von Hildebrand and this book is such a gem! I benefit so much from the gentle and loving approach that she takes. Married for almost 17 years now, these words are more applicable now than they were at the beginning of our marriage!
Bonnie
May 12, 2010 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most beautiful books I've ever read, in large part because it is about life's most beautiful mystery and sacrament-married love. I highly recommend it to married couples, but most especially to newly married couples. It's a book that I pick up and read again once a year.
Kathleen Pelletier
Aug 23, 2012 Kathleen Pelletier rated it it was amazing
This is such a valuable book! it is full of practical and profound solutions to everyday struggles in a marriage. Timeless advice.
Angela9600
May 28, 2014 Angela9600 rated it it was amazing
Very awesome insights.
Anna
Nov 15, 2016 Anna rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give this book ten stars. Amazing, amazing advice and insight into the sacrament of marriage. Highly recommended for both single and married women.
Mary Beth Brummond
Apr 09, 2011 Mary Beth Brummond rated it it was amazing
I want to re-read this book every year. It was so inspirational, while at the same time being matter of fact and down to earth.
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2011
Martha
Martha rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2013
Aimée
Aimée rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Joana Paulo Pardal
Joana Paulo Pardal rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2013
Alison
Alison rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2012
Rachel DeClemente
Rachel DeClemente rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Claudia
Claudia rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2011
Helen Kennedy
Helen Kennedy rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Abigail
Abigail rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2008
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2014
Sarah Beth
Sarah Beth rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Jackie Olsson
Jackie Olsson rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2008
Abigail
Abigail rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2011
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2012
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Lauren Froelich
Lauren Froelich rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2013
Christine Smith
Christine Smith rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Maria Koshute
Maria Koshute rated it really liked it
May 07, 2015
Christina Grace
Christina Grace rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2012
Ildi
Ildi rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Alice von Hildebrand DCSG (born Alice Jourdain; 11 March 1923 in Brussels, Belgium) is a Catholic philosopher and theologian and a former professor.

She came to the U.S. in 1940 and began teaching at Hunter College in New York City in 1947. She was married to the famous philosopher and theologian Dietrich von Hildebrand (1889–1977), meeting him at Fordham University in New York, where she was a stu
More about Alice von Hildebrand...