Start by marking “Discovered (Cover Series 1)” as Want to Read:
Discovered (Cover Series 1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Discovered (Cover #1)

Emily Roberts was done with men!

She believed she was content with focusing on her career. After Adam, her ex, cheated on her with not one, but two of her co-workers, Emily fled from her former workplace, forgoing her internship, and decided to start anew.

Though her decision to write off love had held up for over a year, her chastity belt would soon be put to the test when
Second Edition
Published December 22nd 2015 by Limitless Publishing LLC (first published December 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Discovered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Discovered

Marie
Dec 27, 2013 Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book One of The Cover Series

A love story, but with many twists and turns.

Emily, is a young, been hurt before and afraid to trust again woman, who meets Julien, a handsome man, with "player" like qualities which turn Emily off as much as he turns her on.

When these to come together, the only word to describe it is HOT.

Both have pasts that threaten their future. Julien, a lie he has lived for so long. Emily, heartbreak and pain all stemming from lies. Emily struggles to move past her past hurts and
Amy
Sep 17, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Read; Loved the characters.
Taryn Lee
Find this Review at Taryn Lee's Book Blog

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Let's just say this book was not my cup of tea. I hate reading books and finding that I do not like certain characters nor do I like the plot.. yada. yada because then I'm not going to have the best review. And I don't like bashing authors' work because this is their lives, but I'm one critic out of hundreds, so please don't choose to read or to not read based on this review alone.

Emily does
Denise Murray Wong
There is an easy, comfortable relationship established with the lead characters of Discovered from the moment that the story begins to unwind. Emily's feisty yet seductive appeal is whimsically magnetic, Julien is not only mesmerizing, but he proves to be all that one would expect from a debonair power player and the confident, calculated Charlette holds her own.

Discovered is certainly targeted to the 18 and over crowd and with just cause. The relentlessly in-depth encounters so well depicted wi
Andrea Cunningham
Dec 14, 2013 Andrea Cunningham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance lovers
I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this novella and I loved every second of it!

Kim Black has a fabulous way of bringing the reader into the world of her characters. Each one's motives and actions were clearly defined yet nothing was easily figured out. The twists and turns of each relationship were surprising, morally complex and kept me hooked.

I found myself rooting for the "villianess" as well as the female lead which made me feel a bit conflicted. I'm hoping all of that will be worked out
Christine Napierkowski
I read this quickly since I couldn't put it down. The story had many twists which drew me In. Now my only problem is waiting for the next book! Can't wait.
TheDanishBookaholic
ARC received by the author in exchange for an honest review.

If you are looking for a quick, steamy read with a strong-willed heroine and a gorgeous sexy-as-sin hero, I definitely recommend that you read this book.

Meet Emily: she has been burnt by her past boyfriend, Adam, and even though it has been a year since she broke it off with him, she is still not ready or willing to jump into a new relationship. However, her strong feelings about this subject become muddled when she meets Julien Belmont
Omar Jarvis
Dec 16, 2013 Omar Jarvis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received an Advanced Reader Copy for honest review.

As a man, I could honestly say that reading romance novels is not a common occurrence for me but reading this novella has been a very pleasant experience. One thing I could say, it's definitely a HOT story; filled with steamy sex scenes that could make anyone, man or woman blush.

Kim Black pulls you into the story from the very beginning and doesn't release you even after the book has ended, instead you are left wanting to read more.The character
Melissa
Feb 10, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Discovered (The Cover Series) by Kim Black

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Emily has had it with men, after her ex cheated on her, she has no desire to fall into another relationship. But is it a relationship when it’s just sex? One night out with her friends Emily meets Julien, French Billionaire, alpha male, gorgeous, and he will do just about anything to get Emily. Is this the man that Emily needs to rid herself of the past? Or will secrets from her past change her mind?
Brittany Ensminger
I'm a fan of a book blog on Facebook and by the grace of Gods they suggest books that I love and some not so much. This book I not only loved...but I was entranced by it. I literally bought read and before I knew it I was at 87% and so was not ready for it to end. Queue anxiety....

While the editing I would have to rate 3 stars because there were some extra words that needed to be deleted and the occasional completely wrong word, as long as you're reading and following along you're brain fixes sa
Carol
I recommend this series but do read all 3 books to get the full effect

Book one

I don't know what to say about book one it was a quick read i not sure i even like the main characters in this book but i will read the next book and i might change my mind it

PS I will add each book review after i have read it to be fair

Book two

This book was a lot better than book 1 loads of twist and turns still not sure if i liked Emily she seems very shallow to me i liked Julian a lot more Diana needs a slap but
Heather andrews
Yea..this book wasn't my cup of tea once I found out something about Julien I didn't enjoy reading the book so my notes and highlights weren't very many. I really do dislike giving 3 star reviews but I know that it wasn't my tea and perhaps what I didn't enjoy others would. Julien I thought he was arrogant, "yes, I drive a Porsche, yes, this is my car, yes I would like to drive you home in it." I also noticed after I downloaded the books that the cover says "Book One of The Cover Series" which ...more
CrazyDaisy
Dec 22, 2015 CrazyDaisy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-arc
4.5 Crazy Ass Stars!!!

Wow! I've been in an erotica funk. I was really hesitant to start this because I've had little luck with this genre lately. I waited until the last possible minute to read this before my review was due. I could kick myself now because holy heck, was this hot. Kim Black sucked me right into Emily and Julien's world. The twists and turns kept me on my toes and had me glued to my kindle. I need more. I feel like Veruca Salt right now! I want it now!
Ivonne
Jan 07, 2014 Ivonne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book that I didn't realize I was getting closer to the end, but maybe its because I could figure out the tweaks in the story. I am sure it maybe because I have read many similar stories. It still an enjoyable book and I am looking forward to the next chapter.
Heather Way
Jan 21, 2014 Heather Way rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Wow This book Had some amazing chemistry throughout the whole book every scene in detail made me shiver a little!! It keep me on my toes and help me understand each Character The ending hurt hehe I despise Cliff Hangers but I can't wait for the next!! :)
Sarah :)
Not much to say...it was just an OK read for me, nothing special!
Nanette Bradford
Mar 09, 2014 Nanette Bradford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book at the authors suggestion. I was given a copy for my honest review so here goes.

This was a novella and I have a love hate relationship with novellas. I love them but because they are short reads I'm left with so many questions.. That wasn't the case here though. I love a great book and this book had so much passion in it.
Not just the love kind but also the kind where you want to slap the crap out of some of the characters because their decisions made you feel so angry that you
Monique Machuca-Austin
Dec 22, 2015 Monique Machuca-Austin rated it it was amazing
KIM BLACK...LEFT WITH ME WITH MY PANTIES WET, MY MOUTH AGAPE, & THREW MY ARSE OVER A CLIFF!

Emily Roberts decides to have a girls’ night out at her favorite spot, Tanked, with her two best friends: Diana and Suzie. She was ready to have a bit of fun and needed an escape from her worries, especially when her ex-boyfriend, Adam, crushed her heart a year ago.

“I was just starting to get over the humiliation I had felt when I discovered that Adam was sleeping with a few of the other interning ch
books are love
Mar 06, 2014 books are love rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a interesting and quick read. Interesting in many aspects. First Emily didn't really rub well on me. She was hypocritical at times and never wanted to listen to people. hear them out until it was too late. Julien was granted holding back secrets but was trying to be honest with Emily she just didn't make that easy. His marriage arrangement was a little old school and freaky but I think what happened after the gala with him and his wife was necessary for him to realize what he truly ...more
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com

Holy hell for a novella there is a whole lot things going on. I guess I could best describe Discovered as a soap opera. There is a love triangle, or is it a square or is it a polygon? Yes you read that right. There is Julien, Emily, Charlette, Adam and Diana. I am not even going to try to explain it all in this review. There is insta love, insta lust, lies, secrets, sex, jealousy, cheating and more sex. See just like a soap opera.

I am going to straight u
Louise Payne
Mar 11, 2014 Louise Payne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'Discovered' is defiantly a 5 star read. It is full of REALLY steamy love making scenes, chapters of ravishing sex, and does not lack on detail. There is a slight modern 'Sex In The City' vibe to it that we loved, and while the erotic scenes do not compromise the storyline the author gives us, the readers, two sides to one very well written story through main characters Emily Roberts and French billionaire Julian Belmont.

Like most women would, Emily had sworn herself away from men after finding
H.S.
5 FANTASTIC STARS!

Lord have mercy! This book was just...fantastic.
I was left speechless after reading this book, I couldn't believe what I had read!
Emily Roberts wants nothing to do with men because of something that happened with her ex. Julien Belmont doesn't want a relationship. One night they meet in a bar and things take off from there.
The feelings that this will pull out of you are amazing! I was happy one minute, then sad the next. I couldn't keep one emotion for long because something el
Karen Hrdlicka
May 27, 2014 Karen Hrdlicka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what a wonder beginning to a promising writing career! This novella is Ms. Black's debut, no doubt she has many more stories to tell. Her writing is tight, her characters well developed and the sex scenes are sizzling. I do not write spoiler reviews, but be warned the ending is heart stopping.

Emily has given up on love. After finding out her ex was cheating, she has given up on men. She survived the past year with the help of her best friend. A chance meeting with a devilishly handsome Fren
Jo Hughes
Mar 21, 2014 Jo Hughes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emily Roberts is on a night out with her friends when she meets the handsome, suave Julien Belmont, initially she turns Julien down flat, she is totally off men after her best friend told her she had found her former fiancé in a compromising position with a co-worker.

Julien is not used to being told no, he is intrigued by Emily, it is evident from the book that both characters finds each other irresistible, Julien determined to make Emily his, Emily equally determined to not be, to start with. E
Books Laid Bare
Dec 21, 2015 Books Laid Bare rated it really liked it
Emily has reach the end of her tether when it comes to men and relationships, her cheating ex put paid to all that but a woman has needs after all, so separating physical and emotional relationships is the way forward or so she thinks because what she hopes may not be what she gets.
Because her internal bad influence is leading her astray and on a girl’s night out she meets Julien.
Now ladies I would have put up absolutely no resistance for the gorgeous, Frenchman but Emily well she has a determin
Brenda Starling
Mar 11, 2014 Brenda Starling rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kim Black really knows how to keep you entertained and intrigued in her writing. Discovered is one of those books that is really hard to put down because you have to know what happens next. And when you find out what happens next you are totally floored because it’s now what you expected.

Emily meets Julien at the beginning of the book at a night club. He becomes fascinated with her, but Emily wants none of it because of the type of person she thinks Julien is, a playboy. What ensues next it pass
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 22, 2015 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
Holy Hell Kim Black! You have made the list of authors trying to kill me with Discovered! Emily Roberts is finished with me after her ex Adam cheated on her with two of her co-workers. She's been celibate for over a year, but that instantly changes when she meets french billionaire, Julian Belmont. She felt an instant connection to him, and all of her resolve goes out the window. The problem is that she's once again caught up in lies with a man. Will his past destroy a future with Emily?

This sto
Whitney Cannavina
Dec 21, 2015 Whitney Cannavina rated it liked it

I received an ARC for an honest review
Review by Whitney at The Club

Emily had her heart shattered by her ex when she found out he was cheating on her. A year later she vows to never let a good looking player into her heart again. That is until she meets Julienne. Even though she knows he's all wrong for her and would hurt her the same way she can't help but fee a pull to him.
Julien is a one night stand sort of man not looking to settle. But when he sees Emily his heart has other plans for him. T
Kirha
Dec 18, 2015 Kirha rated it really liked it
I was given this Arc by the author in exchange for my honest opinion.

Emily swore off men after being cheated on by her ex. And then one night she met a man to make her reconsider her vow.

Julien is a rich businessman/playboy who goes through women. His usual forte is to sleep with and then dump his conquest, but one night with Emily rocked his world and now he has to have her.

I really enjoyed this short story. I loved how Kim Black captured the two sides to Emily's personality, vulnerability a
DISCOVERED IS NOW AVAILABLE! 1 3 Dec 28, 2013 12:09AM
RELEASE DATE: DEC 28TH VIRTUAL PARTY 1 2 Dec 01, 2013 10:43PM
  • Sinful Desires Vol. IV (Sinful Desires, #4)
  • Layers (Layers #1)
  • Surrender to Fate (Fate's Path, #1)
  • Fighting For You (Redemption Series, #1)
  • Change For Me (The Alpha's Kiss, #1)
  • Remember Our Song: A Billionaire Romance (Our Song, #3)
  • All In
  • Loneliness Trilogy  (Bundled Boxset)
  • A Taste of You (The Epicurean, #1)
  • Body Rock: The Complete Series (Body Rock, #1-4)
  • Make it Rain (The Montclair Brothers, #1)
  • Never Understand Part One
  • The Billionaire's Kiss (Scandal, Inc, #2)
  • Lecture Notes
  • Unstoppable (Fierce, #2)
  • Take a Breath (Take, #1)
  • Hit 149 - Anna Brookes First Chapter (HiT, #1)
  • Consume Me (Burning Desire, #1)
International Amazon Bestselling Author Kim Black is a born and raised New Yorker. She is newly engaged to a wonderful man and is working on planning her wedding. She currently resides in Bronx, NY, but is a true Brooklyn girl. You can take the girl out of Brooklyn… you know…

From the time Kim picked up her first book in a 6th grade school library, she fell in love with the idea of getting lost in
More about Kim Black...

Cover (3 books)
  • Cover Up (Cover Series 2)
  • Take Cover (Cover, #3)