Start by marking “Walking with God on the Road You Never Wanted to Travel” as Want to Read:
Walking with God on the Road You Never Wanted to Travel

Walking with God on the Road You Never Wanted to Travel

The Christian life isn't always a walk in the park. Children of Christian parents do die. Christian businessmen do lose their jobs. And husbands of Christian wives do cheat. Being a Christian doesn't protect you from the tough punches life throws.

Taking fourteen strategies from the biblical account of the Israelite journey, Walking with God on the Road You Never Wanted to
Published August 14th 2005 by Thomas Nelson

Be the first to ask a question about Walking with God on the Road You Never Wanted to Travel

Kathy
Nov 09, 2011 Kathy rated it it was amazing
I am almost finished with the book, and will immediately start at the beginning and re-read every word. I almost can not put into words how valuable this book has been to me as I sort through the impossible feelings of separation from my husband of 16 years, due to his selfish actions of betrayal. I can not recommend this book highly enough--it has the right amount of coddling and "come to Jesus" talk to keep you in the real world as you make the hard-road journey with God. I have also combined ...more
Emily Bogard
Apr 14, 2015 Emily Bogard rated it it was amazing
Aside from the Bible, this book helped me through my divorce more than any others that I read. When life isn't what you planned, and the hard times really hurt, this book gives insight and much needed direction. It correlates your journey with the Isrialites trek through the desert in a way that is easy to understand. One of the very few books that I read more than once.
Karla
Sep 25, 2016 Karla rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-books
Great book
Marie
Jul 28, 2011 Marie rated it really liked it
This book was tremendous asset for me when I began a journey not of my own choosing. It helped to to dare to believe that I might indeed have hope for a bright future.
Marsha
Jun 23, 2008 Marsha rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Marsha by: Mica Baker - DC
Excellent book relating our hard times to the 40 years of wandering that the Israelites suffered in the desert and how to make the most of those hard times
Gina
Oct 06, 2014 Gina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book was surprisingly down to earth. It wasn't overly preachy or in your face. It made a few good points. An interesting spiritual read.
Mary Lou
Apr 27, 2009 Mary Lou rated it really liked it
Shelves: faith-stuff
Really timely for me - uses the Israelites 40 year "grounding" as a guide for walking through hard stuff.
Eddie
Feb 04, 2010 Eddie rated it it was amazing
great read, will read again!
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Anneke Du Plessis
Anneke Du Plessis rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Shawn Wright
Shawn Wright marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Priscilla
Priscilla marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Ronda Kinnett
Ronda Kinnett rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Rose Ellen
Rose Ellen rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2016
Joneita Kelly
Joneita Kelly marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Nikki Anderson
Nikki Anderson rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Christina Adams
Christina Adams marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Christina Penna
Christina Penna rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2015
Nancy Johnson
Nancy Johnson rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Georgia Barlow
Georgia Barlow marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Terry Yarham
Terry Yarham rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2015
BeatrixK
BeatrixK marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Jodi Hanson
Jodi Hanson rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2016