Splash, Splash

Splash, Splash

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  9 reviews
As one familiar creature after another topples into the water, each makes itscharacteristic sound. The bold and colorful animals splashed across the pageswill tickle toddlers, who can squeak and moo right along with them.
Published May 2nd 1994 by MacMillan Publishing Company (first published April 1994)

Kate
This was a great choice for my "Splish Splash" toddler storytime. The kids loved making the animal noises along with me. I think it would work well for preschoolers as well. Too bad we have so few copies left in our library system!
Karawan
This was the first book at library storytime yesterday. Various animals fall into the water and make different sounds. Gavin enjoyed hearing it read aloud, but I want to come back to this book when he's talking and old enough to start learning animal sounds. Since we have a cat at home I appreciated the detail about how some animals (ducks, frogs) like the water but others (cats, cows) don't.
Jill
love love love it. I like the way it rhymes, the way it introduces a new animal every few pages with the same introduction words (A pig fell in the water...A duck fell in the water...etc). I want to buy this to have in my collection. Holly is fascinated by water, so having that word mentioned and illustrated throughout the book really catches her attention.
Tricia
great readaloud for younger children. bold bright pictures. as each animal falls in the water, they make their trademark sound. will try for outreach.
Amanda
Great story for a young child, especially one who likes animals and/or sound effects. DS wanted to hear this one twice!
Roseanne Wilkins
Fun to read with your toddlers. All of my kids have enjoyed it.
Gilbert
Gilbert loved the animals sounds and repitition of this funny story.
Leona
various animals fall in the water and make their animal sounds
Shana
Good verbalization skills for little ones & memory skills
Susan Jones
Susan Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Beth Brown
Beth Brown marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Patti
Patti marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Taylor
Taylor added it
Aug 11, 2013
Kristina Southworh
Kristina Southworh marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Suzie
Suzie is currently reading it
Jun 30, 2013
Amy
Amy added it
Jun 02, 2013
Carrie
Carrie added it
Apr 08, 2013
Jessica Oliver watkins
Jessica Oliver watkins marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
MJ
MJ added it
Feb 15, 2013
The Right Number of Elephants I Know a Bridge Full Moon Birthday Heart of a Champion